Not so neutral cards

+
Some of the Neutral cards aren't really that Neutral. Take for example Garrison. This is a card for NG, NR and ST. Not really useful for the other factions. Also Teleportation, which is a NG card in disguise, mainly used in Mill decks.

EDIT: This thread evolved more towards what
Trevorzan said:

"neutral cards should be lesser quality than what a regular faction would give"
(and they should be more expensive in terms of provision costs: They can bring something your faction lacks let's say, "traps", but at a greater cost that their cost for the dedicated faction and less efective.)
For example: Pellar feels incorrect bc it seems better than Naglfar Taskmaster or Sappers.

Also, as mentioned above, some Neutrals seem faction specific.
For example: Garrison and to a lesser extend Truffle with the Alchemy-card), or have no compareable card in some/all Factions(Heatwave).

Last edited:

UMA22

Forum regular
Agree, for garrison, but it mean that's it already useful for three faction isn't that enough ?
I will say only two bc i see no interest to play it with ST
But it not true for teleportation, it more useful if u play it with monsters with Gan Ceann
To boost it twice work really good with selfeaters but also incubus
It useful too with NR mages to play Order again or remove lock status etc
The problem it that Kingslayer is a bronze card with an ability of a gold one ofc players will abuse using it

Agree, for garrison, but it mean that's it already useful for three faction isn't that enough ?
well if they introduce a neutral for the other 3 factions, then yes

I will say only two bc i see no interest to play it with ST

Don't those dwarfs have soldier tags now?

Gan Ceann
ah yes, i forgot about those, but yes that is true

It useful too with NR mages to play Order again or remove lock status etc
ah right, forgot those as well, but yes. It's just i am so used to see Teleportation in Mill decks that it could have been a NG card.

Thanks for bringing this up. I had noticed that too with a neutral card that only affects Soldiers mmmm: Then why not make it dual colored nilfgaard and northern realms instead? I wish these small details could be fixed quickly.

I started played gwent like six months ago. Never played card games before. I am new to this world, which is a good thing I guess because I see the game with new eyes. From my perspective, neutral cards should be lesser quality than what a regular faction would give, and they should be more expensive in terms of provision costs: They can bring something your faction lacks let's say, "traps", but at a greater cost that their cost for the dedicated faction and less efective.

When the guiding factor is having proprierties no other faction have or the neutral is better, then you end up having cards that bring overpowered synergies to some factions, like the cheap megascope or you see them over and over, like the omnipresent oeinomancy or heat wave.

neutral cards should be lesser quality than what a regular faction would give
Yes, now you have the neutral Pellar, 4 power 4 provisions. It purifies any unit on deploy.
MO have Naflgar Taskmaster, 4 power 4 provision, it only purifies any unit with dominance.
ST have Sappers, 4 power 4 provision, it only purifies any unit when you control an elf.

Yeah but that's a few cards, most of them are pretty neutral.
No, e.g. Oneiromancy is one of the best cards, just like GN and Renfri. 3 OP neutrals.

Oneiro or GN or Renfri means no Devotion. GN and Renfri also have no faction alternative.

And then there is Heatwave.

Horribly enough Renfri and Triss meteor are just NG cards in disguise...:giveup:
Post automatically merged:

Even Golden Nekker is best in Nilfgaard, playing it 3 times.

Also the same for Madoc + Garrison + Sapper works best with Letho in Nilfgaard.

Last edited:
Another example:
- Zoltan: Scoundrel.- It only has the Dwarf tag, so although you can use it with any faction, in reality you want to use it with ST only because it gives two additional Rowdy Dwarves when playing Zoltan's Company special card

Another example:
- Zoltan: Scoundrel.- It only has the Dwarf tag, so although you can use it with any faction, in reality you want to use it with ST only because it gives two additional Rowdy Dwarves when playing Zoltan's Company special card
I use Zoltan: Scoundrel across all factions. He is one of my most used cards. He gives good value for row punish and whenever I spawn a lot of units. Moreover, he plays two neutral cards for quests in which that is desirable.

Top Bottom