NVMe should be a requirement for all!

+
As it stands the engine has serious problems with loading things quickly and properly. It doesnt matter what settings you use, problem stays in lowest settings, but its the least noticable.
I've got Ryzen 9 5900Hx, 32gb ram, 3070 (mobile one) and a good SSD. I cant drive fast through the main city, cause every time it loads new stuff the game stutters and slows down, have to hit escape to get to menu give it a couple of seconds. Outskirt districts are fine, Badlands works flawlessly even on highest Ray tracing settings (for my card). Ergo more things it has to load - more slowdowns. Even when its fine and i hit something in a car, especially another car, the whole game slows down, audio stutters so horribly its deafening. Its infuriating during courier missions going through the city. The problem is easy to see in Dogtown and its crossroads near the gates to the district. Its starts behaving like Gollum game there. Turn off RT and its less problematic but still there. This was always the problem with the game (big roundabout with fish holograms flying above) but now it has more places like this.
I even emptied my SSD to have half of free space for operations (remember kids - SSDs performance drops steadily when its free space gets lower than 20-25%). Nothing happened.
Was this version even tested outside of NVMe drives? Starfield worked better than this, at least it had stable framerate in cities, now its even better. Also next time post the actual system requirements - I cant maintain stable 60 fps on non-RT high settings anywhere in the city, even overclocked. Its 50-55 so its actually very playable but those drops, even during fast dashing, are horrible. Checked other games - all are fine, even Ray Traced.
Also fix those goddamn memory leaks after 2 hours of gametime.

I have a samsung 860 Evo, which is a decent, but by no means spectacular SSD and I have had no real issues that you're explaining. I think it may be specfic to your setup.

I also want to say in relation to the systems specs, given that you said your GPU is mobile I assume you have a laptop, that a laptop GPU and CPU are almost always weaker than the desktop equivalent so you can't blame the system specs being incorrect for any issues related to that.

that is a your pc problem.
i have no issues at all running the game off old SSD's at 4K Ultra everything and RT Ultra ~160 - 180FPS FPS everywhere.
forgot: Game Version 1.63 because 2.0 sucks butt

Top Bottom