On weapon carry capacity, concealment and small arms

+
The common theme in many of the these threads is that people come up with mechanics way more elaborate that are bound to end up in the final game. Don’t get me wrong I’d love to have them but I really doubt CDPR will go that route to appeal the older sliver of their audience that likes a more realistic approach in games.

Yeah I agree. The inventory is pretty much always going to end up as this bag-of-holding that holds more stuff that is realistic.

However, I like the car trunk idea. Maybe some items might be impossible to keep in your inventory, you would have to carry them. But you'd be able to keep in your car trunk until you wanted to take it out. Imagine a minigun for example..

Don't count on it. This would be too much simulation for my - and their target audience - taste. Expect something like TW3.

Anyone here ever play “Escape From Tarkov”?

For me, the best inventory/loot system is one where you have limited slots for items that can be accessed quickly, and a second inventory for additional storage, and a tertiary inventory that is inaccessible during raids, etc.

I like this idea of having a system where you can access all your loot from your car to pick your loadout, and after a quest or raid or whatever, you can return to your car with a full inventory and unload your loot.

I just hope I don't feel too limited. That's all I have to say. Peace. :shrug:
p.s. The Witcher 3 did make me feel way too limited. Just saying.
Post automatically merged:

The common theme in many of the these threads is that people come up with mechanics way more elaborate that are bound to end up in the final game. Don’t get me wrong I’d love to have them but I really doubt CDPR will go that route to appeal the older sliver of their audience that likes a more realistic approach in games.
When it comes to carrying capacity, I really suffer a lot when games try to be realistic like The Witcher 3. Tons of loot, and extremely small space. Lots of running back and forth and struggling to sell to vendors that only have limited money. It's absolute torture and I can't just breath and enjoy the game. I trust CDPR will do things right this time in that way at least. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom