One thing is irritating me: NR amount of medics vs Skellige amount of medics

+
One thing is irritating me: NR amount of medics vs Skellige amount of medics

The Skellige faction is the one with the heavy focus on the graveyards and the revives. Lots of their cards dump stuff into the graveyard. Lots of their units even get stronger when they are revived. They are the faction that would deserve the "necromancer" label, at least, if played in the "graveyard" fashion.

Northern has no such focus on the graveyard. They want to promote their units, want to put everyone in a shiny golden armor.

So, I am confused why Northern actually has more ways to resurrect than the "necromancer" faction.

We have:

Northern:
- 3 Field Medics
- Nenneke
- Shani
- Lubberkin
= 6 ways to revive

Skellige:
- 3 Priestesses of Freya
- Sigdrifa
- Regenerate
= 5 ways to revive

Sure, Skellige also has some means to pull units back from the grave without any medics (Queensguards), you could argue.

But it feels odd that the promote dudes have more ways to revive than the gravediggers.

Lytha;n7071550 said:
The Skellige faction is the one with the heavy focus on the graveyards and the revives. Lots of their cards dump stuff into the graveyard. Lots of their units even get stronger when they are revived. They are the faction that would deserve the "necromancer" label, at least, if played in the "graveyard" fashion.

Northern has no such focus on the graveyard. They want to promote their units, want to put everyone in a shiny golden armor.

So, I am confused why Northern actually has more ways to resurrect than the "necromancer" faction.

We have:

Northern:
- 3 Field Medics
- Nenneke
- Shani
- Lubberkin
= 6 ways to revive

Skellige:
- 3 Priestesses of Freya
- Sigdrifa
- Regenerate
= 5 ways to revive

Sure, Skellige also has some means to pull units back from the grave without any medics (Queensguards), you could argue.

But it feels odd that the promote dudes have more ways to revive than the gravediggers.
Northern Realms medics already got nerfed so I'm against another one. Plus scoitel can replay special cards so I don't think its an issue. Also you are assuming everyone goes for the promote route for NR I don't and I seem to have an advantage against other NR who build their decks around promote. Monsters have weather spam and skellige have some immunity to weather and can boost weakened cards.

I think Field Medic should be disloyal. By itself it might be balance but with Reaver Scout and Foltest ability, it can be too strong.

Ecceptor;n7071640 said:
I think Field Medic should be disloyal. By itself it might be balance but with Reaver Scout and Foltest ability, it can be too strong.
If they did that then Northern Realms would be completely useless apart from promote (which is getting a nerf/some kind of change btw)

Mhm.

Northeners can:

- Promote (they are the only ones who can do that, and boy, are they focused on this ability with even a leader doing solely that, and trigger cards getting off on it.)
- Clone / Draw Buddies from the deck (Monsters can do that too and are better at it, but it's okay because it's one of the core gizmos of Monsters. Hm, actually, it's arguable if Monsters are better at it. At the cloning, sure, but not at the Draw Buddies.)
- Buff their cards with other cards (Scoia do that, too, and so do Skellige. I am not sure who's best at this right now.)
- Do their variety of Neophyte Spam with Margarita (Scoia are better at this, but it's okay because it's one of the core gizmos of Scoia)
- Resurrect (and they are better at this than the faction who actually has a theme going for Graveyard interaction.)

I don't see any reason why Northern should be best at two of their special faction gizmos, particularly if another faction seems designed around the concept, while Northern is not.

Last edited:
gamingdevil800;n7071660 said:
If they did that then Northern Realms would be completely useless apart from promote (which is getting a nerf/some kind of change btw)
Well, CDPR can buff other cards if NR become weaker.

Honestly, I think the main reason that NR *feels* like it has so many more medics is because the (arguably) strongest bronze in the game is there: Reaver Scout. Being able to pull up another medic (or whatever you need, and also thin the deck) on demand is why the chains work better in NR, and they seem to get all 6 medic options nearly every game. It's worth noting that NR really has a subtheme of grabbing from the library (similar to muster, but done very differently). If I were to make any change for medic it would be to grab a copy from your library of a (random) Bronze card in the GY.

Personally, I would have liked to see Nenneke as Neutral. Let's see, the Temple she governs is politically neutral (and maintains enough autonomy for her to defend Geralt's presences in Last Wish), she's housed Geralt (neutral), Yen (neutral), Ciri (neutral) and is renowned for making potions (neutral). So, she's NR? This would also give a zombie option to all factions.

Lytha;n7071670 said:
Mhm.

Northeners can:

- Promote (they are the only ones who can do that, and boy, are they focused on this ability with even a leader doing solely that, and trigger cards getting off on it.)
- Clone / Draw Buddies from the deck (Monsters can do that too and are better at it, but it's okay because it's one of the core gizmos of Monsters)
- Do their variety of Neophyte Spam with Margarita (Scoia are better at this, but it's okay because it's one of the core gizmos of Scoia)
- Resurrect (and they are better at this than the faction who actually has a theme going for Graveyard interaction.)

I don't see any reason why Northern should be best at two of their special faction gizmos, particularly if another faction seems designed around the concept, while Northern is not.
Promote is getting a nerf
Clone ability is only the foltest faction leader and drawing cards from the deck got nerfed on priscilla & the only other card that can draw buddies is the reaver hunter. Poor infantry makes a copy of itself.
I never use margarita.
Plus medics already got nerfed so they can't revive other medics.

If they nerf medic again it will totally unbalance things but that's my opinion anyway. The other decks have many advantages the NR simply doesn't have.

Treamayne;n7071700 said:
Personally, I would have liked to see Nenneke as Neutral. Let's see, the Temple she governs is politically neutral (and maintains enough autonomy for her to defend Geralt's presences in Last Wish), she's housed Geralt (neutral), Yen (neutral), Ciri (neutral) and is renowned for making potions (neutral). So, she's NR? This would also give a zombie option to all factions.
That is a good suggestion.

Also, given that Northern is NOT really themed about resurrections, maybe then move Field Medic to silver.

Top Bottom