Patch Notes 11.1

+

Happy new year everyone!

We are starting this year off with balance changes which mostly focus on Neutrals, Skellige and Syndicate.

Jean and Burza go over the most important changes and our thoughts behind them:
ChangesNeutral
Black Blood - Now has the Alchemy tag.

Chironex - Provision cost changed from 8 to 9.

Has a new part of ability:

If you have Unicorn in your hand, play it, then draw a card.

Unicorn - Provision cost changed from 8 to 9.

Has a new part of ability:

If you have Chironex in your hand, play it, then draw a card.

Decoy - Now has the Warfare tag.

Lady of the Lake - Now has the Relict tag.

Ornate Censer - Now has the Alchemy tag.

Sangreal - Ability changed to:

Purify and boost a unit by 12, then Infuse it with "Once both players have passed, damage self by 12".

Summoning Circle - Now has the Spell tag.

Bone Talisman - Now has the Organic tag.

Epidemic - Provision cost changed from 5 to 4.

Now has the Organic tag.

Petri's Philter - Now has the Alchemy tag.

Thunderbolt - Now has the Alchemy tag.
Monsters
Lilit's Omen - Provision cost changed from 12 to 11.
Skellige
Axel Three-Eyes - Ability changed to:

Deploy (Melee): Spawn and play Crow's-eye Rhizome.

Deploy (Ranged): Transform adjacent Crows into Crow Messengers.

Dracoturtle - Power changed from 5 to 6.

Armor changed from 5 to 6.

Crow Clan Druid - Power changed from 3 to 4.

Ability changed to:

Zeal. Order: Banish an allied Crow, then play a 4 provision Alchemy card from your graveyard and give it Doomed.

Feral Bond - Ability changed to:

Spawn Skellige Wolves on an enemy row and damage it by 1, then Create a bronze Skellige Warrior that was not in your starting deck.

Bloodthirst 3: You may Spawn and play any bronze Skellige Warrior that was not in your starting deck instead.
Northern Realms
Melitele - Provision cost chaged from 14 to 13.

Crone effect changed to:

Boost self by 1, then increase this card's ability values by 1.

Vandergrift's Blade - Now has the Cursed and Warfare tags.
Scoia'tael
Malena - Power changed from 4 to 5.

Milva - Ability changed to:

Immunity.

Whenever an allied unit moves, boost self by 1.

Treant Boar - Power changed from 5 to 6.

Vrihedd Dragoon - Ability changed to:

Deploy: Move a unit to the other row. If it's an enemy, damage it by 1. If it's an ally, boost it by 2.
Nilfgaard
Torres var Emreis: Highest Priest - Ability changed to:

Doomed.

Assimilate.

Deploy: Return a non-Doomed allied unit that is not from your starting deck to your hand, excluding self, boost it by 2 and give it Doomed, then play a card.

If there is no valid target, Create and play a bronze unit from your opponent's faction and boost it by 2 instead.
Syndicate
Blood Money - Provision bonus changed from 16 to 15.

Ability changed to:

Order: Damage an enemy unit by 6, then gain Coins equal to any excess damage dealt.

Whenever an enemy unit with Bounty is destroyed, increase the damage by 1. If the Order is used up, refresh it and set its damage to 1 instead.

Count Reuven's Treasure - Provision cost changed from 12 to 11.

Now has the Crime tag.

Fabian Hale - Power changed from 4 to 5.

Ignatius Hale - Power changed from 12 to 18.

Provision cost changed from 6 to 9.

Ability changed to:

At the beginning of the game or when Spawned, set own power to 1.

While in hand, deck or on the battlefield, whenever an enemy unit with Bounty is destroyed, Heal self by its base power.

Octavia Hale - Fee ability changed to:

Fee 2: Boost an allied Witch Hunter by 2. If you destroyed an enemy unit this turn, boost by 3 instead.

The Brute - Ability changed to:

Profit 0.

Deploy: Boost self by 0.

The boost is equal to the base power of the highest-power enemy unit with a Bounty you destroyed this game.

Whenever you place a Bounty on an enemy unit, increase the Profit by 1.

Confession Extractor - Provision cost changed from 5 to 4.

Profit amount changed from 5 to 4.

Scapegoat - Power changed from 1 to 2.

Profit amount changed from 6 to 7.
Game Fixes
Tyr: Master of An Skellig's ability no longer triggers during the opponent's turn.

Vandergrift's Bladeno longer destroys itself without boosting a unit if that unit was killed after being played (e.g. through An Craite Longship).

Last edited:
A lot of New tags were added, many of them meaningless, yet the most important -aristocrate tag for tibor as intended statuses deck support and warrior tag for draig bon dhu as warriors weteran support was not added
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
Okay, now with Lady of the Lake being a Relict, those Harmony decks with Relicts will become even MORE annoying.
As for Chironex/Unicorn - I like their current abilities better. The only good thing - I will be able to play more cards with my Neutrals deck in one match.

Movement support is good but another sick immune card is not good for the game at all
Eh, at this point, immunity is just part of the game, so unless ALL of them are removed, I don't see a problem here, except maybe the 7p cost, which makes Gord's point cap more and more laughable each patch. Adding Milva to Gaetan combo is gonna be pretty sweet though :D

• RED Point
Reactions: rrc
Eh, at this point, immunity is just part of the game, so unless ALL of them are removed, I don't see a problem here, except maybe the 7p cost, which makes Gord's point cap more and more laughable each patch. Adding Milva to Gaetan combo is gonna be pretty sweet though :D

Part of the game, but cery bad designed part. Its very binary - or you have same kind of tech in hand, or no. Immunity needs to go

Appreciate the Torres nerf.

Feral Bond nerf is not enough to fix the warlords.

Nice movement buffs.
Am I missing something (sarcasm perhaps) — I don’t see a Torres nerf.

Time will tell — the feral bond nerf significantly reduces the consistency (and probably the effectiveness) of SK warriors. I expect it will be sufficient to knock warriors down one tier. We don’t need the archetype killed; balanced is sufficient.

Movement is already very binary. While the buffs better balance weak to unusable cards, I worry they may buff the archetype too much. But only Milva is a potentially game winning change — I will need to see it played by skillful players to form a sound judgment.

Part of the game, but cery bad designed part. Its very binary - or you have same kind of tech in hand, or no. Immunity needs to go
IMO, it's only binary when it's abusable, like Tibor, or excessively swingy, like Sove. Others you don't automatically lose to if you don't have the tech. It's just points you have to account for. Completely wiping your opponent's board isn't a good goal either, and shouldn't be achievable, so the cards that work towards that are just as bad as the "immune" ones, but also: a part of the game.

Am I wrong in believing Torres will no longer be able to replay Skellen or Terranova? Maybe I'm missing something.

UMA22

Forum regular
Let give a construtive feed back,
I like the syndicate nerf really intresting to see more witche hunter, i really like the nerf
Torres var Emreis: Highest Priest, wasn't that card enough played this season ? Instead of making it harder no let make it worthy to play no matter what ?
Melitele really is that a joke ? Hey i've an idea for nerf, make it ability work when u put back a priestess in the deck too,
Skellige and ST changing are a little meaninless but nice, can't wait to try milva Gaetan combo

IMO, it's only binary when it's abusable, like Tibor, or excessively swingy, like Sove. Others you don't automatically lose to if you don't have the tech. It's just points you have to account for. Completely wiping your opponent's board isn't a good goal either, and shouldn't be achievable, so the cards that work towards that are just as bad as the "immune" ones, but also: a part of the game.

Am I wrong in believing Torres will no longer be able to replay Skellen or Terranova? Maybe I'm missing something.
saska, Erland, Sove, Tibor , cat - every eatch of them is excessively abusive when played. Usually that all are remove of loose cards thanks to immunity.

Idk what to say that's not been said by everyone interested in Gwent development time and time again.

So, this is what's gonna happen: SK replaces Feral Bond with whatever. NG replaces Torres with some with top-end assimilate cards that didn't make the cut in Enslave. And... no. That's about it that's gonna change. Oh, and Milva is gonna be played by some for 4 days after the patch before ppl realize that harmony golds in that range are still better.

Funny thing is the dozen changes to alchemy that increased its relative playability by... zero?

Time will tell — the feral bond nerf significantly reduces the consistency (and probably the effectiveness) of SK warriors. I expect it will be sufficient to knock warriors down one tier. We don’t need the archetype killed; balanced is sufficient.

Movement is already very binary. While the buffs better balance weak to unusable cards, I worry they may buff the archetype too much. But only Milva is a potentially game winning change — I will need to see it played by skillful players to form a sound judgment.
How you dont see a nerf in Torres?

You cant replay your top golds anymore. Now you need to copy an opponent top Gold to be extremly good.

Otherwise, if you dont copy an opponent unit you can only play a bronze from his starting deck

Harald Crpple should be a Little bit changed because now he have antysynergy with bloodthirst- he should be not able to kill opponents token sirens that you create

Last edited:
Speaking of Torres nerf: why releasing a broken in the first place only to nerf it a patch later (it’s the Skellen that shouldn’t have been reworked)? This makes no sense, interesting ability again killed because of who knows what.

Yet Melitele [...] gets a buff :coolstory:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet Melitele [...] gets a buff :coolstory:
Firstly melitele didnt get any buff - they Just changed tottaly usless card into... Tottaly usless card. And secondly, melitele is not played at all do cant be [...] even a meme

Firstly melitele didnt get any buff - they Just changed tottaly usless card into... Tottaly usless card. And secondly, melitele is not played at all do cant be [...] even a meme
I mean, whatever you may personally think of the merits, the card clearly IS getting a buff, both in provision and power. And yes, it is played.

I mean, whatever you may personally think of the merits, the card clearly IS getting a buff, both in provision and power. And yes, it is played.
Where is played? I Played More than 600 ranked games in that season and I encounterd melitele only once in really masohistic deck that I obviously crushed. Melitele is unplayable and that "buffs" from bad card to bad card that You mentioned dont change anything. But if You know how to play melitele competitively I will be glad to learn, tell me how to do it, please

Top Bottom