Open #3 is coming this weekend!

+
This is way too long for a tournament, assuming the other 2 match-ups take around the same time, its 12 hours, just for the quarterfinals.

In comparison to closed beta Gwent, the addition of "Create" and "Orders" has made the game last longer. If you have to choose a card to play, that tutors a Create cards, that spawns a token, your turn is going to last quite some time. In addition you might have multiple active Order ability on the board, which also take time to resolve.

Sometimes I play Northern Realm "Stockpile" and I really need all the time available to distribute the charges and ping the opponent enemy units. On average, I think an individual Homecoming game last longer.

Gwent seriously needs to reassess the length of their matches, i dont know who would have the patience to stick watching the whole thing.

The same way a viewer does not watch each game of the Premier League, I don't think you can expect someone interested in Gwent to watch all the tournament matches. :ohstopit:
Maybe the viewer can watch a single match and than look at some part of the Vods later on. Maybe tune in for the final. I for sure will not watch the entirety of the stream even if it was 6 hours shorter.

If they reassess the length of their matches, I hope they do it with the players in mind and not with the goal of improving their Esport.

DRK3

Forum veteran
In comparison to closed beta Gwent, the addition of "Create" and "Orders" has made the game last longer. If you have to choose a card to play, that tutors a Create cards, that spawns a token, your turn is going to last quite some time. In addition you might have multiple active Order ability on the board, which also take time to resolve.

Sometimes I play Northern Realm "Stockpile" and I really need all the time available to distribute the charges and ping the opponent enemy units. On average, I think an individual Homecoming game last longer.

The same way a viewer does not watch each game of the Premier League, I don't think you can expect someone interested in Gwent to watch all the tournament matches. :ohstopit:
Maybe the viewer can watch a single match and than look at some part of the Vods later on. Maybe tune in for the final. I for sure will not watch the entirety of the stream even if it was 6 hours shorter.

If they reassess the length of their matches, I hope they do it with the players in mind and not with the goal of improving their Esport.

Well, i think they need to look at both situations: the matches are too long in general, whether they're in ranked or in tournaments. But in tournaments specifically, they are taking absurdly long, specially since COVID started and they had to change to digital format, which i guess is why they need to take longer between matches, for the delay to avoid possible cheating, but it makes the viewing experience a lot worse.

I was planning on just watching the finals, but i wanted to see Tailbot's game so i might check that out too.
Post automatically merged:

Watching the devstream (its halfway, i'll edit my post as it goes)

RIP Kiki Queen decks
RIP Ethereal
Why did they had to get rid of sacrificial vanguard? It wasnt a 2 in 1 leader, and the new abilities are so lame.
RIP Greatswords (good riddance)
RIP Mobilization Siege
Holy shit Shieldwall is gonna be so strong, nerfed in a hotfix in 1 week...
I think these new ST leaders for Harmony and Symbiosis will do nothing in making those archetypes viable.
WTF is the new tactical decision for? Just 6 pts and a few extra mulligans?
Imprisonment is almost a variation of imposter.
The powercreep is real, with all these 'summon from deck dual bronzes' going from 3 to 4 (so a 8pt play and thinning now)
RIP Ewald Borsodi (EDIT) Nevermind, its ability just moved to Freakshow.

Invigorate and Stockpile are gonna remain the same (joke), so RIP me, that still have only those 2 Masteries to complete from the default leader abilities... :giveup:
Post automatically merged:

Congratulations to Tailbot, he finally (and deservedly) wins a Gwent Open, by having to beat the 2 previous Open winners, amazing!

Last edited:
Top Bottom