Option to censor profanity?

+
Well it is supposed to be a game for mature people so there shouldn't be children around when playing it, and parents should be mature people too.
But as long as something like that is optional, it could be fine.
But if it's not there in the game right now, I highly doubt that they will add it in the near future.

So one wish was granted ie option to censor to nudity. What about the other one?

Gonna keep my answer real short, Fuck No.

(Don’t buy Mature Games if you don’t like mature themes)
If only I was allowed the word choice freedom you have. But yeah. I'm surprised movies curse all the time. I think people are make to.much of this. I swear a lot out of affection. Out of sarcasm out of jest.
But your lives are different. I still think it like telling a barking dog to watch his mouth

Well... It's a world with drugs, hookers, gangs, dismemberment, sex, sex sold as a random product, ultraviolence, rampant poverty, oppression...

While I can understand filters such as nudity or gore (for streaming reason mostly), the profanity is just how people express themselves there.

Probably among the less shocking thing you may encounter in that game.

It's a +18game, just don't play it in front of kids lmao.

My god ... I want to cry, I want to tell everyone who has problems with religion, sex, swear words, violence, blood, drugs, please don't start ... just don't play this game ... I think the universe has been described quite clearly ... you know what it is. Especially that independently apart from the options of censorship activated directly in the game, there is plenty of possibility of parental control on all the supports, as well pc as on console which makes it possible not to enter usable such or such thing.

Last edited:
I will be playing with headphones, but I understand your argument. There are probably going to be situations (especially with children in the residence) that children could be in the proximity of your gaming rig due to covid. I know I am in that demographic. There will just have to be a delicate balance of wearing your headphones (the ones that work on the bluetooth spectrum and hence the microwave spectrum, and hence the spectrum that causes cancer, or just wired). We will all have to make sacrifices during this period, man (and I mean guy, lady, whatever you identify with). It has nothing to do with our personal aversion to these words or acts in a game that we have paid money for, being consenting adults. We just know our surroundings sometimes and know what we have to deal with as parents.

There is never any harm in options. Only benefits.
If there's an option to bleep or replace cursing, or an option to hide nudity or blood, that's great. It lets people who want or need to censor such things to do so, without in any way impacting those who want it on.

I think that the day it will even be possible to censor voices in a game the video game industry will be really worried ... but you realize? How far some people want to go ... Honestly sorry but that's beyond me ...

Here's your chance to learn a new language.

Game Menu/Options/Audio
- Voice: Polish
- Text: English

:smart:
Honestly, that's genius.
Polish or any other language they wants to learn...

I mean, it's technically what I did when I started learning English and here I am so, yeah, I'm the living proof that it works.

Also, the game is rated M. I can understand that people want ways to filter different things to make it more appropriate for streaming, for instance but people also have to understand that they can't change everything.
I mean, look how many years it took them to make this game, if now we're asking them to remove blood, profanity, pixelize every little bit of flesh that appear in the game...They would have to work on this game for the rest of their life.

I doubt a "bleeped" or censored language option is going to happen, but you'll def have plenty of alternative language options with subtitles on your native language if you can deal with reading vs. listening, as previous peeps have already said.

I feel awful for peeps with kids tbh, I can't imagine trying to game around them, especially in pandemic times, oof ;-;

Hello,
I wanted to create a thread on petitioning the CD project team to have an option in the game to censor cuss words. If i am playing the game and there are children or parents in the home, i don't want to make them hear the profanity. I don't want to wear headsets as i am aware of health dangers of using headsets so close to ears.

edit:
When nudity can be censored by the USER then why cannot cuss words?

OH Fish!!!!

I also request the option to turn off profanity.

Guest 4461026

Only if they replace the cursing with over the top non-cursing. For example:

Fiddlesticks
Gee-golly-willickers
Biscuit-eater
Darn
Flippin
Shucks
This thread needs less negativity and more suggestions!
Goshdarnit
Monkeyfighter
Rockhobbler
Dagnabbit
Bob Saget

I'm enjoying the game (on Xbox), but I agree that a profanity filter would be a nice option.

It's funny, People keep saying that this is an "adult" game, but any child can use filthy language ( and they do) there's nothing "adult" about that sort of language.

"Whats comes next? An option where we can change blood into rainbows?"

"lol playing cyberpunk and asking for profanity filter is amusing, well i find it amusing anyway, while i do support the game should have one, i dont see why anyone would choose to use it."

I mean, notice how quite a few of the folks arguing against a filter option come off as less than mature?

Options hurt no one. Lack of options does Impact one part of your user base.

Last edited:
Please no censoring of anything (we have had censorship for way TOO long)
The majority of players don't want this.

Top Bottom