Overlapping/cutting off sounds (or something like that)

+
I have a problem with sounds, for example when I hit the car, sounds are loud and feel like they're cutting off with a little crackling sound. Seems like sounds are overlapping or something like that. I've tried changing frequency, updating drivers and nothing helps me.
The last time when I was playing (+/- year ago) on Windows 10 everything was fine, now on Windows 11 sounds have gone crazy. I assume that W11 may be the problem (but how?).

Is there any solution? It's so annoying.

Video (start 0:13):

I have a problem with sounds, for example when I hit the car, sounds are loud and feel like they're cutting off with a little crackling sound. Seems like sounds are overlapping or something like that. I've tried changing frequency, updating drivers and nothing helps me.
The last time when I was playing (+/- year ago) on Windows 10 everything was fine, now on Windows 11 sounds have gone crazy. I assume that W11 may be the problem (but how?).

Is there any solution? It's so annoying.
Could be bit rate and/or sampling Hz? Might be higher then your soundcard or so can handle..

with a little crackling sound.
Maybe unrelated, but I'm on Series X and I experiment exactly this little crackling sound randomly time to time since the last Xbox OS update, relased before the 1.6 (and not only in Cyberpunk, I had it randomly in Kingdom Come too, a game which didn't received any update for a very very long while). On Cyberpunk, I already had this crackling sound bug in the past, which appeared a good while after the 1.52 release and was "fixed" after, also with a Xbox OS update...

Anyway, I suggest to end a ticket to the support (including a DxDiag and the link of your video in the ticket).

DC9V

Forum veteran
  1. In-game:
    1. Disable Spatial Audio (unless your headphones support it)
  2. Windows:
    1. Disable Sound Enhancements via Sound Control Panel
    2. Disable Spatial Audio (unless your headphones support it)
    3. Choose one of the following bit rates and sample rates for your audio device:
      16 bit 44.1 kHz (CD Audio)
      16 bit 48 kHz (DVD Video quality)
      24 bit 48 kHz - 96 kHz (DVD Audio quality)
The higher the sample rate, the more CPU power you need. If the sample rate is set too high, it will cause crackling noises and audio stutters.

Last edited:
Top Bottom