Patch 1.61 — list of changes

+
Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with their gear stats resetting and if anything is being done to fix this problem ?? for example I had johnnys pants and shoes equipped and the only armour that they provided was from the mods I had attached to them, is there anything that can be done to fix this because I’ve lost out on a lot of armour on my build and it’s a bit of a set back. I’ve tried to reload the save and that didn’t work, can’t think what else to do Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 136
Just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with their gear stats resetting and if anything is being done to fix this problem ?? for example I had johnnys pants and shoes equipped and the only armour that they provided was from the mods I had attached to them, is there anything that can be done to fix this because I’ve lost out on a lot of armour on my build and it’s a bit of a set back. I’ve tried to reload the save and that didn’t work, can’t think what else to do Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Not something I've ever experienced.

Have you ever used mods? Assuming you're on PC of course.

that is complicated to fix for every vehicle.
In terms of modifying the camera/exposure system and how it relates to rendering techniques, absolutely. A working fix that makes driving in FPP possible, no.

Change the windshield shader opacity to match the driver and passenger windows. Yeah, from the outside it won't look "right" having a tinted windscreen but it will serve the purposes of driving in First Person... in a First Person game. Anyone would be too busy driving to really care and the opacity level can be scripted to vanish for photomode if people bitched about it.

I have a issue on the Series X where textures would start bugging out after playing for a extended period of time. Anyone else have this issue?

Do you use mods in case ?
Because I heard that it could be due to mod, Vehicle Combat in particular (reset clothes stats to level 1).

Gig: The Lord Giveth and Taketh Away bug. Even though the team said that it had been fixed But the SUV is still 175m deep in the ground. This is a new save coming to play on PS5. Still found this bug. To have to play a new game even though it has been playing for 60 hours. not a good idea

Thanks for the update.
Is being able to see while driving in First Person during the day still a big ask?

If you are on PC, using my mod called

Eye Adaptation Complete Overhaul​

available on Nexus Mods is a valid option. Of course, it's not yet updated for 1.61, but it works perfectly fine with 1.6 and will soon be updated to match the new version of the game. You have to combine my mod with Better Vehicle First Person which is linked and explained in the pinned comment in the POSTS tab of my mod on Nexus Mods.

In terms of modifying the camera/exposure system and how it relates to rendering techniques, absolutely. A working fix that makes driving in FPP possible, no.

Change the windshield shader opacity to match the driver and passenger windows. Yeah, from the outside it won't look "right" having a tinted windscreen but it will serve the purposes of driving in First Person... in a First Person game. Anyone would be too busy driving to really care and the opacity level can be scripted to vanish for photomode if people bitched about it.

That's not how any of this works. Tinting the windshield won't do much because in majority of exterior areas in the game, the auto exposure IGNORES what's in the center of the screen (i.e. the windshield and what's outside of the vehicle). Instead, it prioritizes the pixels somewhere inbetween the center and the edges of the screen. This overexposes the image when driving in FPP because the interior of the car is prioritized and the interiors in most cars are obviously going to be black or dark grey, especially when you're driving under bridges, in tunnels etc. and this contributes to the overexposure with the vanilla auto exposure configs. The game tries to brighten up the interiors, blinding the driver in the process by overexposing the windshield.

The auto exposure issue in first person vehicle driving stems from how the auto exposure is configured in various parts of the game's world. What could work is if they made a vehicle-based auto exposure config, but mind you - there are some locations in the game where auto exposure goes crazy even outside of vehicles.

Since there's no vehicle-based auto exposure config, my mod instead edits (to a various degree) all auto exposure configs in the game. You really should try it so you understand the difference. My solution is not perfect because it affects the presentation of the game a little bit depending on the location you go to (some remain unedited in my mod to preserve vanilla visuals), but it's the best one I came up with.

As for console players, I can't help there.

"PC-SPECIFIC
  • Fixed the issue with temporary FPS drops when exiting menus."

You do know that exiting menus is not only causing fps drop but crashes to desktop, Is this also gonna be addressed?
Also Thanks a lot for the continuous support and work we are grateful. Keep going

Thank you to everyone who are working on the game and the updates for the game, your work with the game is appreciated! :)

When are you guys gonna add a feature to where once iconic weapons are either dismantled or sold are easily crafted back into your inventory. Instead of being gone forever why not add it to where we can simply craft them if they are no longer in our possession. Also what about the texture rendering issues on PS4 and 360? I can't even drive 100 yards away before everything is textured and is forced to wait a couple of minutes for the game to render properly. Often when I go to a ripper they don't load at all. I have to save and reload it just so they can spawn. Not including times where in missions, npcs fall under the map, cannot be talked to, dialogue audio is missing from npcs sometimes, and can't forget when you're waiting for a phone call after 24 hours they never call. I skipped time for over a week and they still wouldn't call. I had to reload my save almost every time just so they could have a "chance" of calling you back. Have older consoles just been abandoned or will it take another 2 years to finally fix these issues?

Not Run - press space not working after patch 1.61
Upd) Update graphic drivers need also - restart pc and... run!

Last edited:
Top Bottom