Patch 2.01

+
I am playing on PS5 and when I go to save the game all I get is it saying the game cannot be saved now, when I try to go back into the game after exiting I just get it saying the file is corrupted.

I am NOT in a mission at the time either, all I have been doing is going to some of the shops, do a car stealing mission, or one of those ship drops and after 30mins the game will not let me save

I still have the same issue with saves after a;
PS5 database rebuild
clean cache
uninstall and reinstall game
delete local saves

I have not had any issues with the game except this save issue and this is since update 2.01 I basically cannot play the game until this is fixed.

It's not when you eat/drink a consumable?
(I could be wrong, but I think I heard something like that)
Never happen to me, but I never drink or eat :)
I haven't observed any specific trigger personally, but I do use inventory consumables so I can test for that next time I've got the game up.

I notice more bugs now than I ever have. The most egregious one is passing cops during an NCPD scanner event often go hostile on me for no reason - like, actually no reason. No, I didn't shoot a civilian, no, they are not part of the encounter, no, I didn't hit them, etc etc etc. The fact that they're just walking by these events is already a headscratcher, especially after watching a Tyger Claw execute an innocent and this cop doesn't even seem to notice or care that it's happening... but they DO care if I attack the criminals. Ugh. Everything about these updates just makes me miss the old game that I had very little problems with. Whether or not it was more buggy will be different for everyone, I guess, but even if it was, I never experienced anything that crippled my enjoyment of the game like I do now.

Last edited:
Played it through, best ending I was beat up met misty and watched her drive away and uninstalled the game. All the endings are horrible, it was well written but we disagree because when I write a dystopian story I like to have at least one happy ending.
Bugs galore, still can't claim my reward at my main apartment, T posing everywhere, cops are still floating in from above, and the bad guys and weapons still stick in the walls. The cars are terrible to drive, looks like they used a center balance point and they bounce everywhere.
Way too much time spent on useless dialogue.
Will keep an eye on the patch notes to see if they actually fixed anything but for now it's a experience do not wish to repeat.
To my mind it's a classic example of failing upwards.

Hello,

I started a new game with 2.01. After Saving Sandra, I am unable to go back to my appartement in the megabuilding parking. The ground is like missing and when i try to walk to the lift, i am falling down to the ground lvl 0. Stucked here !

RTX 4080 / AMD 5800X3D / win11pro / GOG

Attachments

• After first mission.png
    After first mission.png
    5.8 MB · Views: 28
  • falling inside building.png
    falling inside building.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
Hello,

I started a new game with 2.01. After Saving Sandra, I am unable to go back to my appartement in the megabuilding parking. The ground is like missing and when i try to walk to the lift, i am falling down to the ground lvl 0. Stucked here !

RTX 4080 / AMD 5800X3D / win11pro / GOG
Weird, on your screenshot, it seem the elevator is not there (and even, the grid should be closed when the elevator not at your level).
Do you use or used mods?
Did you try to verify the game files in case?
Or even clean-install your drivers?
NVIDIA
I. Download the latest drivers using the following link: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
II. Download Display Driver Uninstaller and run it to remove previous versions of drivers.
III. Clean install drivers that you've downloaded in step 1.

Thx for support,
Unable to jump, unable to shot after leaving the car.
Ok, it's normal if I remember, you can't do practically anything. You're just supposed to take the elevator ;)
The most annoying, it's the elevator doesn't seem to be there...

Ok, it's normal if I remember, you can't do practically anything. You're just supposed to take the elevator ;)
The most annoying, it's the elevator doesn't seem to be there...
I have done everything you mention : clean all gpu drivers, install them again, check game files integrity on GOG nothing help. I restarted Sandra's mission, same result 😔. Need to be patched or maybe i need to downgrade to 2.0 maybe
Annoying is also that i can't reach this appartment by any other way, like taking stairway as a turnaround. 😔

I have done everything you mention : clean all gpu drivers, install them again, check game files integrity on GOG nothing help. I restarted Sandra's mission, same result 😔. Need to be patched or maybe i need to downgrade to 2.0 maybe
Annoying is also that i can't reach this appartment by any other way, like taking stairway as a turnaround.
I could be wrong, but as far as I remember you're alone (on the forum) to encounter this issue at this moment :(
At least, you can directly contact the support > "contact us" button (add a save file, maybe a video,... as much details as possible).
And you will have to be a bit patient, support should receive a fair amount of reports for now.

Patch 2.01 for Cyberpunk 2077 and Phantom Liberty is being rolled out on PC, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S. It fixes the most common issues players have encountered and improves overall performance on all platforms, especially in Dogtown.

For details, check out the list of changes below:

Phantom Liberty-specific
  • Balls to the Wall - When talking to Paco, repeating the blue dialogue option from the Corpo lifepath will no longer block progress.
  • Dog Eat Dog - Fixed an issue where it was possible to earn multiple Relic points by triggering the first meeting with Songbird more than once.
  • Firestarter - Fixed an issue that could cause V to get stuck in the wall or roof after performing a Finisher on Kurt Hansen.
Moving Heat
  • Fixed an issue that could cause all traffic to disappear after completing the quest.
  • Fixed an issue where triggering combat in the garage in specific scenarios could cause various disruptions to quest flow.
  • New Person, Same Old Mistakes - Fixed an issue where the gate to Bill's hot dog stand was closed.
Somewhat Damaged
  • Fixed an issue preventing the player from scanning the Neural Network system.
  • Various fixes for devices in the bunker.
  • The Killing Moon - Fixed an issue that caused the doors leading to the shuttle to not open.
You Know My Name
  • Fixed an issue where V could remain connected to the sniper nest, blocking quest progress, after repeatedly switching cameras at the end of the sequence.
  • Reed will now wear his party outfit during the dialogue with Songbird.
  • Addressed an issue where some phone calls necessary to continue the main story began with a delay.
  • Various visual fixes for animations, lighting, scenes, VFX, and more.
  • Performance improvements for both PC and consoles, especially in the Dogtown area.
Quests & Open World
  • Automatic Love - The distortion effect caused by talking to Johnny and selecting a specific dialogue option at the end of the quest will no longer persist on the screen.
  • Ghost Town - Fixed an issue where the quest could get stuck on the "Defeat Nash and his people" objective if the game was saved during combat prior to Update 2.0.
Gig: Breaking News
  • Fixed an issue where Ted Fox's car didn't spawn.
  • Fixed an issue where the gig wouldn't trigger after approaching the quest area.
  • Gig: Going-Away Party - Fixed an issue where it wasn't possible to get in the car with Flavio because it spawned underground.
  • Gig: The Lord Giveth and Taketh Away - Fixed an issue where the Militech SUV spawned underground.
Killing in the Name
  • Fixed an issue where leaving the quest unfinished could block clue scanning, preventing the player from progressing in many quests.
  • Fixed an issue where the Bartmoss Collective website wasn't visible in some cases.
  • Playing for Time - Fixed an issue where healing and radio icons disappeared from the HUD after the car chase with Takemura.
  • Space Oddity - Fixed an issue where the quest didn't activate if the location was approached prior to Update 2.0.
The Heist
  • Fixed an issue where Jackie wasn't present in front of the Afterlife.
  • Fixed an issue where, when riding the elevator to the 42nd floor with low FPS, V could fall through the floor and die.
  • The Prophet's Song - Fixed an issue where completing the quest could cause the police system to turn a blind eye to V's crimes.
  • The Ripperdoc - Fixed an issue where, if the player got into the driver's seat from the passenger seat, Jackie would return to the noodle stand and refuse to drive to the ripperdoc.
  • Fixed an issue where NCPD Scanner Hustles could remain uncompleted even after looting the necessary containers.
  • Fixed an issue where some Iconic weapons wouldn't appear on wall of the Stash in V's apartment.
  • Lowered the value of the Attribute check required to enter the area where the Thermal Katana can be looted.
Gameplay
  • Made it possible to properly switch to Arm cyberware by cycling through weapons.
  • Addressed an issue that could cause V to become invulnerable to all damage.
  • A wrecked NCPD cruiser without wheels won't be patrolling the streets of Night City anymore.
  • Fixed an issue where some obsolete mods in the Inventory and Stash weren't properly exchanged for a new weapon mod.
  • Fixed an issue where weapons obtained pre-Update 2.0 could have a Tier that's too high when compared to the player's level.
  • Removed various obsolete Crafting Specs.
  • Disassembling a Budget Arms Slaught-O-Matic will now give 1 crafting component.
PC-specific
  • Fixed an issue where the UI could show controller inputs when playing on keyboard and mouse.
  • Players unable to get achievements due to an issue that prevented Phantom Liberty achievements from unlocking on PC before a backend fix implemented on the day of the release will have them retroactively unlocked on GOG and Steam after loading a save from that playthrough. For the Epic Games Store, the issue is still under investigation.
  • Fixed an issue where, after installing Update 2.0 but not the expansion on GOG, a pop-up saying "Phantom Liberty downloaded - please return to the main menu to access new content" could appear in the in-game menu.
  • Improved image quality of DLSS Ray Reconstruction in the Ultra Performance setting.
Console-specific
  • Addressed the issue of corrupted saves on PlayStation by increasing the maximum save file size limit. Note: this won't fix saves corrupted before the update.
  • Fixed an issue where launching the game without an internet connection would prompt the player to log into GOG My Rewards again.
Miscellaneous
  • Various crash fixes on PC and consoles.
  • Vehicle radio volume has been adjusted so it's no longer too quiet compared to other sounds in the game. If you've turned down the volume of other sounds in order to better hear the radio, you may want to re-adjust the volume before you continue playing.
  • Added sounds for the Basilisk that were missing.
  • Fixed an issue where the player could earn an infinite score in Trauma Drama by shooting at enemies dropping from a helicopter repeatedly.
  • Growl FM and Dark Star websites will now be visible when playing without Phantom Liberty.
  • Fixed an issue where disconnecting the internet didn't result in an error message being displayed in My Rewards and Cross Progression tabs.
  • The song History by Gazelle Twin and Trash Generation will now be disabled when the "Disable Copyrighted Music" option is turned on.
  • Fixed an issue where hair didn't cast shadows when Ray Tracing was enabled.
  • Players who pre-ordered Phantom Liberty but didn't get the Quadra Sport R-7 "Vigilante" will now receive it.
  • Several improvements and changes to Ukrainian localization, including fixes for lines where the translation lost its original meaning.
REDmod
  • Fixed an issue where tweak mods would not compile in REDmod.
  • Added Phantom Liberty support to REDmod.
Hey, chooms! Please remember that these are just the highlights. There are more improvements and fixes in this patch, so check them out for yourself in the game!

please bring back the Tabula E-Rasa. i dont think theres any excuse to be removing content like that. thank you for the updates. :)

• As of Patch 1.3, this item can no longer be obtained. Perks can now be reset directly from the Perk menu.
  • Original location: Could be bought from any Ripperdoc

please bring back the Tabula E-Rasa. i dont think theres any excuse to be removing content like that. thank you for the updates. :)
Why?
Tabula E-Rasa allowed to reset perk points and cost money... While now, you can do the same for free, whenever you want, wherever you want, directly from your inventory. There is absolutely no point to reintroduce Tabula E-Rasa ;)
Post automatically merged:

Annoying is also that i can't reach this appartment by any other way, like taking stairway as a turnaround. 😔
You should try with the new update (2.02), I'm pretty confident your issue will be fixed ;)
Fixed an issue that could cause elevators in various quests to spawn on an incorrect floor if a save/load was performed after they started moving.

Last edited:
Why?
Tabula E-Rasa allowed to reset perk points and cost money... While now, you can do the same for free, whenever you want, wherever you want, directly from your inventory. There is absolutely no point to reintroduce Tabula E-Rasa ;)

You should try with the new update (2.02), I'm pretty confident your issue will be fixed ;)

Why?

Hello,

Tried new patch 2.02 with my save, same ending falling through the ground in the parking. I saw also a car in the parking with wheels half stuck in the ground.

I tried also a new game with 2.02 from the begining. Not a short phantom liberty game, but the normal one. Same result after Sandra's mission, impossible to reach the lift again. Bad news with 2.02.

I will contact support if needed with my save, but after re-install all this boring game and will try again with my saves.

Hello,

Tried new patch 2.02 with my save, same ending falling through the ground in the parking. I saw also a car in the parking with wheels half stuck in the ground.

I tried also a new game with 2.02 from the begining. Not a short phantom liberty game, but the normal one. Same result after Sandra's mission, impossible to reach the lift again. Bad news with 2.02.

I will contact support if needed with my save, but after re-install all this boring game and will try again with my saves.
If it's the same on a "new" save started in 2.02, I really doubt it have something to do with your saves.
The last thing you could try it's to remove these two folders, verify the game files again and load a save after saving Sandra (you should have an auto-save during the ride with Jackie in case you die fighting the scavs).
  • REDEngine folder from here %userprofile%\AppData\Local\
  • CD Projekt Red folder from here: %userprofile%\AppData\Local

No fix for vehicle contracts? I never got the call from el capitan after the spider and the fly when leaving dogtown and the vehicle contract indicator doesn’t appear on my map

No fix for vehicle contracts? I never got the call from el capitan after the spider and the fly when leaving dogtown and the vehicle contract indicator doesn’t appear on my map
As far as I know, you don't receive a call first. When wandering in Dogtown, little blinking blue "steerng wheel" icons will appear around you. Steal the car at which the icon point out, drive outside of Dogtown and then, you should receive a call from El Capitan.

Downloading 2.02 now, hoping it helps, if not I'll have to keep waiting. At least this allowed me to nearly finish Spiderman 2 which I will tonight.

Top Bottom