Patch 2.11 crash on load save / new game

+
Having the same issue, learned that it loads successfully if you delete UserSettings.json in appdata/local (make sure to create a backup first)
Unfortunately if you change any settings you will have to go through the whole reset again each time you want to load a save.

Did a clean install of CP2077+PL and can't load any savegame, nor start a new game at all.
As soon as the loading phase has ended and I press space, it crashes to Desktop.
No mods installed yet, just vanilla game.

PC:
Windows 11
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
Nvidia RTX 3080m @ 546.65
I am having this exact same issue. Tried opening the game 3 different times and it always crashes after I hit the space bar from the last load screen. Game is unplayable.

Reset your keybindings. The default keys has been updated and they forgot to delete the user settings (again) to avoid incompatibility. Can lead to crashes, maybe this will help some of you.

Having the same issue, learned that it loads successfully if you delete UserSettings.json in appdata/local (make sure to create a backup first)
Unfortunately if you change any settings you will have to go through the whole reset again each time you want to load a save.
Confirm I could load from the save when disabling UserSettings.json

Confirm I could load from the save when disabling UserSettings.json
Might be a Dumb question but where can I find it? I don't see an appdata/local in the game files. I reset bindings to default in the settings which let me load in for about a minute, then the game crashed again.

Update: Switching all settings to default in settings allowed me to load, good now.

Last edited:
None of my save games will load since the update. I have done a clean reinstall and I don't have any mods installed. When it gets to the loading screen, the bar doesn't even appear to try and load my games. Have tried deleting UserSettings.json in appdata/local but it's still the same problem. What the hell is going on here?

Consistently crashes to desktop with 2.11 when starting a new game, loading a saved game or even when starting a benchmark run....

Key bindings were already problematic in 2.1 because it wouldn’t apply any changes to my graphics settings unless all actions were bound to a key…. If any action had no key-binding I couldn’t change graphics settings (I could click the apply button but they were not applied)….

This is gonna sound weird, but it seems like it's specifically if you've bound dash to the side button of your mouse, that causes the game to crash. I read this fix in another thread, tried it out, and it worked right away.

Still super annoying that you can't set your keys to what you want, but at least it means you only have to change this one thing, and hopefully CDPR can hotfix it soon.

I'm not able to even start benchmark and it crash. I would love to have option -> rollback update.
so, no idea why is the problem, but I've reset all to default and than tried to change 1 things at the time , first graphics , than video ... so far so good , but when i changed keybinding for any action to mouse button 4 or 5 it's crashing in instant after load,
so workaround don't bind anything to mouse buttons other than default setting.

My game crashes after patch immidiatly after starter. No menu, straight crash to desktop.
ran smoothly and stable before

Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Linux 6.5.0-15-generic x86_64

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070/PCIe/SSE2
driver: nvidia v: 535.154.05

This is gonna sound weird, but it seems like it's specifically if you've bound dash to the side button of your mouse, that causes the game to crash. I read this fix in another thread, tried it out, and it worked right away.

Still super annoying that you can't set your keys to what you want, but at least it means you only have to change this one thing, and hopefully CDPR can hotfix it soon.
I just tried to remove this value (I use the mouse button for dashing, too) in UserSettings.json, and yes, the load works. You can set any key bindings when you start playing. But the next load will fail again if the value : "IK_Mouse4"

Screenshot 2024-01-31 235020.png

I have crashed 5/7 times on loading my save from 2.1 on the "Forward to Death" mission when I hit "spacebar" to continue. 2/7 times, it loaded successfully, but crashed when I opened the datashard from Saul. 1/1 times, it crashed outside the elevator for starting "Nocturne OP55N1" quest.

1/1 times, I created a new character, went through character creation, and when hitting "spacebar" to start the game, it crashed

On Steam with 355 hours logged. Verified my files. No mods installed. Verified the integrity of the files.

Edit: Setting keybindings to default fixed it. Notably, I had Mouse4 and Mouse5 bound to Dash and Cyberware quickslot.

Fucking hell. I preordered the game, played it literally since day 1, and it had bugs, so I decide to give it time. I gave it 4 years, and now when I start to play again, it crashes at loading saves...
Yes I do keybind dashing to mouse button 4

(gog version, no mods installed)

For me it crashes when I move the mouse or press any keyboard key, if I just keep it in main menu without any input the games stays open as soon as I press smth or move the mouse it crashes. I tried deleting the userconfig and also used a mod to skip the intro and still the same issue.

Crashes on continue of game since 2.11 (GoG). Changed mouse side button mapping to a couple of spare keys, and it's fine - changing them back, and it crashes again on loading a save game. Almost every game that I play, I use Mouse4 for Melee, and Mouse5 for some form of weapon switching (usually fire rate) - why would I want to conform to some form of console-esque fudge? Thankfully, I can roll back the patch in GoG - I'd rather be able to play a slightly broken game than a broken one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom