Patch 2.11 crash on load save / new game

+
Well i got it working again after reintstalling,deleting UserSettings.json etc etc to no avail, but then I removed the save games and copied them to another drive for backup, but it works with all the manual and quick saves there again in the recreated folder, as well as the cloud saves, as I was only expecting the cloud saves. I'm confused....

This is gonna sound weird, but it seems like it's specifically if you've bound dash to the side button of your mouse, that causes the game to crash. I read this fix in another thread, tried it out, and it worked right away.
Yup, this oddly specific change fixed the crashing for me, after I tried verifying files, deleting the game cache, and reinstalling GPU drivers, and none of it was seeming to work. Would never have thought to try this if it weren't for your post, so kudos.

UNBIND ANY KEYBIND FROM YOUR LATERAL MOUSE BUTTON.
A lot of people (me included) stopped having these crashes because we had Dash binded on Mouse4 for example.

This needs to be fixed genuinely its such a joke. Mid play through and steam forces me to update. I had a lot of mods installed and then it stopped working so I did clean install and deleted all mods, still doesn't work.

Solved the CTD with default settings but...

On Dual sense, the controls are so floaty now and I can unzoom when walking.

This is gonna sound weird, but it seems like it's specifically if you've bound dash to the side button of your mouse, that causes the game to crash. I read this fix in another thread, tried it out, and it worked right away.

Still super annoying that you can't set your keys to what you want, but at least it means you only have to change this one thing, and hopefully CDPR can hotfix it soon.
Omg...for real. This actually fixed it for me. What a stupid bug. Really hope they fix this asap lol

I had the same problem. I deleted the UserSettings.json file, then the game opened with its own settings. I did all my settings except for the keybindings before loading the save, and now it opens. The problem seems to be with the keybindings. I hope a hotfix will come.

I'm not able to even start benchmark and it crash. I would love to have option -> rollback update.
You can on GOG Galaxy at least. Go to the game page, click 'Manage Installation'
from there, click on ‘Configure’. Then, disable the auto-updates option. A list of previous patches pops up for you to select from.

Top Bottom