Patch Notes 9.3

+

DRK3

Forum veteran
My own definition of an engine is a card that generates points passively, without you having to interact with it after you play it in order for it to gain value. I don't think there is an engine card in this game that generates value without a condition. Or I can't think of them now.

I really wanted to stay away from this discussion, the whole BFG vs selfeater, spender vs engine, as it will lead nowhere, it's just two sides of people each with their own definition, and one isnt necessarily better than the other.

But what you said in this quote, its not what's generally agreed in the community:

There are active engines and passive engines.
An active engine is when you need to click it to gain value, for example a reinforced ballista.
A passive engine, gains value each turn without clicking, so even if you pass. Example: Kerack city guard.

Then there's another engine classification: offensive/ control or defensive/ boosts/ pointslam.
To use the same examples as before, reinforced ballista is an offensive engine, kerack city guard is a defensive one.

Count Caldwell is nice in a Revenants decks. Play it, use those 5 prov knights and later use necromancy on it. Very nice. Add the damage non-specter units by 1 card is worthwhile.

So, how's the meta doing folks? I have just made it to Pro Rank after reset and despite everyone's concerns about SY becoming prevalent this season I can't say it is. In ranks 1-3 it was mostly NG, MO (almost no relics!) and ST. Anyone had the same experience?

What are your thoughts 9 days after the patch landed? Or is it too soon to judge?

So, how's the meta doing folks? I have just made it to Pro Rank after reset and despite everyone's concerns about SY becoming prevalent this season I can't say it is. In ranks 1-3 it was mostly NG, MO (almost no relics!) and ST. Anyone had the same experience?

What are your thoughts 9 days after the patch landed? Or is it too soon to judge?
I would say NG is definitely the most prevalent, with SY second, MO third and ST fourth. Straight caranthir relicts are gone, SY is exactly the same as it was last season and there's about twice as many NG decks on the ladder. I would say it looks about as what most people thought it would be :D

I think it's too soon to judge. Personal matches have been pretty even across NG (mostly locks/spies), MO (90% relicts), SC (almost all spellatael) and SK (no dominant schema). SY matches at about 1/2 the frequency of the others (split between fanatics and bounty. Only 5 matches against NR and they were consistently Blue Stripes/Duellists/Aretuaza.

I am currently at Rank 4 with 65 matches played and have been playing a combination of SK (druids), NG (Ball/control), NR (siege), SC (not spellatael) decks.

I am not sure if anyone had a chance to witness this interaction, but The Scoundrel is able to target Immune units that have bounty on them (applied by Witchfinder). It seems to be correct, even if not intended - the wording says: "damage THE enemy unit with Bounty" and there can't be more than one enemy unit with a bounty at the same time since one of the updates. However, it seems to me like a bit too much, especially for a control-heavy faction like SY, where you have to find ways to deal with dmg dealers and cheap bounties.

What do you think?

rrc

Forum veteran
On next week's TWIG (next friday) there will be a draft lottery to decide which Partners will get a reveal for PoP Part 3 in 'leek season'.

The reveals will probably start shortly after.
(Wish me luck :ohstopit:)
Wish you all the luck to get a reveal and also for that reveal to be a Legendary Card and also that the card is from SK, your favourite faction!

It feels like most of these patches dont help ST at all. They have several overpriced cards and cards that need changes.Starting with Francesca an Vannadain who should be auto include but there not. I think these changes will help Francesca order replay the last spell played. Vannadain create two bronze spells from your starting deck starting from the highest provision to the lowest provosion. charge 2 damage a unit by 2 gain a charge everytime you play a special card and mulligan away up to 2 cards.

• Vigo's Muzzle: Provision cost changed from 12 to 11.
  • Dragon's Dream: Provision cost changed from 11 to 10.
  • Saesenthessis: Blaze: Provision cost changed from 11 to 10.
  • Ragh Nar Roog: Provision cost changed from 10 to 9.
  • Primordial D'ao: Provision cost changed from 10 to 9.
  • Colossal Ifrit: Power changed from 4 to 5.
  • Ocvist: Power changed from 5 to 6.
  • Udalryk an Brokvar: Now has the Warrior category.
  • Botchling: Provision cost changed from 8 to 7.
  • Dryad Ranger: The damage from the Deploy ability changed from 1 to 2.
  • Sirssa: Provision cost changed from 8 to 7.

I know I am late to the party but I think it has to be said that this is the biggest nothing-burger patch I've seen in my life.
Changing all of these cards from useless to again useless seems more like a ridicule lol, like they're saying "Yes, we know there are a ton of cards that are unplayable due to how weak they are but guess what - We don't plan to change that any time soon so stop mentioning them. :p"
At least if Udalryk received a 1 power buff instead of getting the warrior tag he would be in a perfectly play-worthy position, but that would have required 3 more seconds of someone's time so it wasn't possible unfortunately.

* Not saying there isn't something good in this patch, but the changes up there could have simply been left out of the notes an nothing of value would have been lost. :/

Some cards can maybe be fixed with a 1 point power/provision buff (like Regis for example) but these cards up there require an actual thought investment.

Top Bottom