Patch Topic.

+
Good stuff so far im hoping to see
Something done to balance out leader/faction ability's some of them are vastly superior to others.
Something to replace the GG system to add a minor reward for losing
More cards! especially ways to counter weather/Golds
Fixes to match making.
To be able to see how many cards you have in your collection on choose 3 stage.
Things that just dont spring to mind right now

The first major patch going out sheesh big deal. This patch will dictate my first impressions of CDPR and gwent, lets hope they dont screw it up.

Damn i milled 4 leader already ... got 2 dups from kegs and 2 faction leader ... i milled like -2400 scraps *sadface*

I hope more cards can damage gold cards. At least all gold cards should damage gold cards. And im eager what they do with weather if they do something.

Excellent news. with the 600 scrap refund + the lowered cost, most people should be able to acquire multiple new leaders, if not all of them.

Excellent news! Not only will this help us test all the different leaders, but it'll increase deck diversity and let new players reasonably play the leaders they want.

Azurewraith1000;n6963620 said:
The first major patch going out sheesh big deal. This patch will dictate my first impressions of CDPR and gwent, lets hope they dont screw it up.

Couldn't agree more, that's exactly why i'm excited by the patch !

Pyrofox;n6963800 said:
Excellent news! Not only will this help us test all the different leaders, but it'll increase deck diversity and let new players reasonably play the leaders they want.

Yeah not only it will make people able to play more differents decks, but it will also allow us to see more counter to the current meta. Therfor making current meta, less noticable / Dominating (arguably.)

Master_Kenobi;n6963850 said:
so that means we aren't getting a hard reset or reset of any kind? just updates and fixes?
I don't see how you got that from this news? Nothing seems to have changed on that front, the answer is unclear.

Pyrofox;n6964170 said:
I don't see how you got that from this news? Nothing seems to have changed on that front, the answer is unclear.
i didn't, that's why i'm asking if that will be the case

Alright, for anyone confused about this. It does not mean that your cards will automaticly be milled. You will keep the non starter Leader Cards. The 600 Scraps are to make up the difference in between old and new crafting costs.

Legendary Crafting cost: 800
Epic Crafting cost: 200

So if you already crafted a non starter leader you would have spent 600 scraps more than a player that crafts one after the change. So in order to be fair the players that have non starter leaders will get 600 extra scraps to make up the difference.

The only thing you can do to gain scraps from this is to not mill non starter Leaders before the patch hits. This way, if you were lucky and pulled a non starter Leader in a keg you will gain 50 scraps by milling that cards afterwards.

I like the idea of actually discussing the patch notes on stream instead of just posting them somewhere. That way it will be easier for us as the playerbase to understand their thought process behind why they made decision x instead of decision y or z, in turn enabling us to focus our feedback and our suggestions on areas they haven't touched upon yet.

I'll tune in on Thursday for sure.

Things I hope to see

1. NR Reinforced Trebs getting an efficiency hit without getting totally destroyed as a card.
2. Monster's "leave a unit on the board" ability getting some tweaks (Maybe no longer hits golds,,,or at least procs before Ciri returns to hand to stop the Ciri + Eradin/Geralt combo).
3. Graveyard stealing cards getting a slight efficiency buff. I like the idea of medic/freya rezzing units, but it would be nice if cards like Griffin had a little more punch so slotting them into decks was easier to do. A graveyard steal or graveyard single card nuke neutral might be good as well.
4. More counters to weather heavy decks.
5. Starter decks getting a little love so new players have more fun (right now those starter decks are pretty awful)
5. Better matchmaking as more people get in on the beta

I hope to see:

- Breedable monsters shuffle into deck when removed (since it doesn't pull from graveyard, except Foglet which does not have breedable).
- Card count showing in Keg opening animation
- New players MMR by level until level 3 or 5 (to collect data and reduce mis-pairings)
- More Rarity balancing, so half the available cards aren't all in Epic/Legendary
- Faction Kegs (guarantee 2 of the 4 initial cards are chosen faction, guarantee 1 of the 3 final cards are chosen faction)
- "Mill Spare Cards" premium bonus. Using this button should give a small bonus (milling extras from Kegs is necessary, milling a whole faction for scrap is not). Maybe 5 or 10 scrap for each 3/5 cards milled by the button.
- Blue Mt Commando able to return an ambush card as well, and re-play it immediately.
- Elven Wardancer get the bonus for each Ambush played this turn, rather than ambush cards after she is played. Possibly also get a bonus for Spies (or any Disloyal card)

Well that's a good news the first patch !
I would like they add something related with the levels because for now you are just levelling up without a goal (except play and win every games) even if I did not have any idea about it I'm sure they might found something.
Also, I'd like an option to see my statistic in-game and stop taking notes on an excel file to know how many games I have won.

But I'm very excited about this patch!

My god, they nerf so many things. Some of them unnecessary imo. This patch will switch the major power of balance.

And they didnt change the gg system it seems.

Well the patch neutred Phillipa doubt she'll see much play anymore. Trebs got a slight nerf but it wont fix AD+buffs issue we have.
No buff soc's low strength units strength.
Monsters ability brought inline.
Eredin comes crashing down to earth.

Those are the main points I took oh and no circle ressing woop... poor skel. Not a bad first try at balance a couple changes seem unwarranted such as the gold spell hate. The lack of soc unit strength not getting buffed bugs me a little bit as does the lack of a fix for promote AD buff. So far I give CDPR a 6/10 not a bad first effort, room for improvement. This will possibly change when I have played with the changes

Top Bottom