PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

+

PBEM Campaign - Suhiira - The Game Itself

• Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"Oh, Hi, I'm Mouse." Says your companion.

You notice a waiter with a glass of wine hovering in the background waiting for the 'cat' to be seated.

"I am Chita. And this isn't my first visit to Night City. As to how long I will stay ..." She shrugs.

"Well, now all we have to do is wait. I'm curious to know if they want one person, a team. Or what the job is actually."

Mouse says, "I got the impression they just needed a cowboy. Maybe theirs fucked up or got killed or something."

"Perhaps I could be seated so the waiter can do his job and the gentleman at the door can relax a bit before he bursts a vein?" Chita quietly comments. "As to the job, and who may be needed, we will find out in good time".

"Yeah, maybe you could do that. And enjoy whatever they have here to eat. I just hope they call us soon, cause I get bored quick".

She gives a slight bow, "Thank you". Then sort of sighs and removes the cloak and slides in next to you.

Yep, full body exotic, up to and including a tail and digitigrade legs ... well, she can probably run fairly fast ... as for clothing, she's not wearing much, I suppose if you have fur clothing might "rub it the wrong way". And there's no doubt this is some high quality, and very costly, work. Almost no one running the shadows has THAT kind of scratch, something doesn't add up here.

Mouse seems to be having a little difficulty keeping his/her eyes in their head. And everyone in the place gives her the once over.

"May I presume you both are ... what is the term ... Cowboys?"

The waiter that's been hovering approaches but Chita speaks up, "I appreciate the offer but could I perhaps get some water instead? Alcohol has somewhat atypical effects due to my mods." He nods and turns back to the kitchen.

Last edited:
"yep, a console cowboy. But I also do some legit work, like websites to small companies. My needs for now are very simple: food, a place to sleep, and the newest warezz in the streets. This one usually spends all my dimes"- he says with a smile.
"When did you arrive?"

"No real specialty," says Mouse "if it's got a puter chip I can make it do what I want and tell me everything it knows!"

This sort of implies Mouse may lack tech skills ((but then so do you at the moment :rolleyes: )) to deal with run-of-the-mill doors, cameras, and security systems.

"No doubt very useful in some situations." Chita comments. "As for myself, I suppose bodyguard/countersurveillance would be mine. And yourself?"

((Let me know if you wanna just kill time till you are called in for your "interview". Think of this as an opportunity to meet and get to know something about potential NPC team mates.))

"I'm more like Mouse. Being near the deck is my favorite pastime, but I don't mind having some action, even if I'm allergic to bullets."

OOC: I have eletronic security and locksmith, so I know the basics of infiltration, but I'm not a james bond I agree. We can continue a little more, my char is a bit interested in mouse and the npc's are really interesting..

"Anyone remotely sane is allergic to bullets!" Mouse chimes in. "After all that's why I'm a cowboy not fodder ... I'm sane."
Mouse grabs another breadstick. "Outta try these."

"Rest assured, I every bit as allergic as you two." Chita says with a chuckle. "But you must admit it can be valuable to have someone watching your meat when you're off in the net. I'm not terribly interested in wining battles, I prefer to survive them with my protectee intact."

"Are we the only ones applying for positions?" Asks Chita. ((She wasn't here when the earlier applicant was shown the door))

At this point an old guy ((must be at least 40 or 45!)) enters.

Last edited:
Hernando looks in awe to the man: "Who is that guy? I'm pretty sure, there wasn't any consoles when he was young! Oh, and there was some kid before here. Nasty one."

After the obligatory pause at the door the man glances at the muscle then walks toward your booth {{make a check vs your averaged Awareness (3) and Electronics (0 ... normally I'd make it a negative value since you don't have the skill open ... but you are a netrunner so I'll assume you have a VERY basic skill in electronics by default) skills}}.

"Are those chips on his head?" Mouse asks no one in particular.

You think that might be an early version of a chipware socket ...maybe ...

Chita's ears swivel toward him but she otherwise remains still.

He approaches and sort of locks gazes with Mouse who quickly slides over to give him room in the booth. If he's at all curious about Chita his face doesn't show it as he slides in and looks everyone over.

"Gremlin."

OOC: Where do I roll the dices.

"Hernando"- He points to the others two: "mouse and cheeta"
Hernando looks at mouse and thinks that they are both completely out of style. But they never needed it their line of the job. Maybe he should change a bit?
"So, are you allergic to bullets too?"- asks Hernando to the newcomer.

He glances at each of you as your handles are given and the corner of his mouth quirks for a moment as he replies, "Very."

"That's Chi-tah not Che-tah please, tho admittedly the difference is somewhat aesthetic Harnandu"

The ever efficient waiter places a glass of water in front of Chita and one of wine by Gremlin, and a fresh basket of breadsticks ... seems Mouse really does like the things. Come to think of it you're not sure when you've ever had fresh baked bread.

You also recall you may have heard of Gremlin ((Streetwise 2)), wiz with all things mechanical and electrical. Tho you had no idea he was a fossil.

((use a real die, calculator, on-line app, doesn't matter as there's no practical way to verify the roll, hell pull a number out of thin air. Over time it will become clear if anyone is "cheating".))

Last edited:
https://rolz.org/dr?room=Cpunk2020
OOC: I'm using a site, so you can verify. I had a 10 in awareness plus eletronic. But I suspect I made something wrong with rolling the streetwise, because I committed a mistake (didn't rolled, simply added 2 plus 10), I , repeated this time rolling it and had the same result. That's very suspicious, so I would considered it a fail.

"Sorry Chita, grammar isn't my specialty. By the way, I like your mods. Really gives style. I, on the other hand, never put anything, cause I'm very discreet. If there is any trouble, people never remember my face. The side effect is, girls usually don't notice I exist too"-he says with a grim smile.

Hernando asks for some bread. After all, why not? If he gets the job, maybe he will get use to it.

"No need to worry, we all make mistakes, as long as no one is injured and we correct them ..." Chita shrugs. "I'm afraid the mods weren't my idea, I can only be grateful they seem to be well done. You have no idea how annoying it can be having furrys fawning over you and almost everyone else doing a triple-take. I'd be overjoyed to have people not notice I exist!"

((No need to ask for or order bread, there's a basket in the middle of the table, help yourself.))

"But you're boga! Rimbo extraordinaire!" Mouse exclaims.

Chita sort of rolls her eyes, "Thanks."

The corner of Gremlins mouth quirks again.

((Thanks for the link to the die roll site. No need for a roll on the streetwise, it was a gimme, you've heard of Gremlin, not much about him, but the name you know.))

I'm afraid you can't pinpoint what it is about Gremlins hardware that caught your attention.

Top Bottom