[PC BUG] Random enemies bugging out and becoming invincible + AI companion bugging out

+
I had this problem a few times during my small playthrough. I already sunk more than 10 hours into the game just by going around and doing random side activities but noticed this happening a few times, although in the span of 10 hours, where an enemy would either bug out and\or become invincible. Now, if an enemy bugs out or bugs out AND becomes invincible there's no problem you either kill it or ignore it and move on.

The problem is when an enemy becomes invincible without bugging out (ie: enemy keeps attacking you and dealing you damage but you're unable to harm them) or when this happens to a major character.

An example for that would be in my current save in "The Pickup" quest where this has consistently happened to Royce if I kill the Militech soldiers and Mechs first to deal with him alone. He just bugs out and becomes invincible and I'm left unable to move on with the quest.

Same with the AI companion, in this case Jackie, same quest, killed Royce, kill the last Militech mech, then Jackie bugs out. He calls out to me to move but he just stands in the middle of the room and doesn't move.

I tried saving and reloading multiple times, tried going outside the door and saving and reloading there, tried going way far away from the All Foods factory with my car and using the Fast Travel that's on the other side of the street but Jackie is still bugged in there, no matter where I go in the city the combat music playing during the Royce fight keeps going and the quest objectives on the side of the screen don't update.

So, there's definitely something that should activate events leading to the quest proceeding and\or ending but those are clearly not functioning for my save.

So, currently I'm considering just doing the mission back from scratch, though I'd rather not have to as it's more than 1 hour of me going around and looting everybody.

Top Bottom