[PC] Save games disappearing

+
Are there a max amount of game save files CP2077 can manage? I have 3 characters, a lvl 35 Corpo netrunner, a 25 Nomad melee and a 10 Streetkid tank/shotgunner. All is well for a long time since launch, i experience no gamebreaking bugs, but suddenly i notice some of my game saves are gone. Example my 35 netrunner a bunch of quick/auto saves are gone, the only ones left are 10-15 levels lower. Same happened next to my 25 melee, only ONE save file exists now, a lvl 3 :<
This is litteraly tens of hours of gameplay lost.

I use Epic Games Launcher to run Cyberpunk, just now i've turned off Epics cloud saves. Since the saves should be stored locally on my drives, im hoping theres a way to restore them.

Are there a max amount of game save files CP2077 can manage? I have 3 characters, a lvl 35 Corpo netrunner, a 25 Nomad melee and a 10 Streetkid tank/shotgunner. All is well for a long time since launch, i experience no gamebreaking bugs, but suddenly i notice some of my game saves are gone. Example my 35 netrunner a bunch of quick/auto saves are gone, the only ones left are 10-15 levels lower. Same happened next to my 25 melee, only ONE save file exists now, a lvl 3 :<
This is litteraly tens of hours of gameplay lost.

I use Epic Games Launcher to run Cyberpunk, just now i've turned off Epics cloud saves. Since the saves should be stored locally on my drives, im hoping theres a way to restore them.
Playing level 37 nomad. Decided to go look at my streetkid. Manual streetkid no longer existed. Old corpo had disappeared as well. Each had one manual save.

Playing level 37 nomad. Decided to go look at my streetkid. Manual streetkid no longer existed. Old corpo had disappeared as well. Each had one manual save.

Myeah this sucks so much... I kept playing on my Corpo and did more quick/autosaves, now *all* of my Streetkid saves are gone, and only one of Nomad at lvl 3 still present... i'm estimating 15-20ish hours of gameplay lost.

Hope CDPR gonna fix this soon!

not sure if this would work in the mean time but copy the saved files into individual folders for each character and then when you want to play another character put the files into the game saved folder

Will do this going forward. Kinda wish there was a skip to all the intro quests, a new char takes about 2 hours to get fully into the game and open up most of the features, which i've done on 3 chars already, 2 of which are gone completely cause of saves maxing out

not sure if this would work in the mean time but copy the saved files into individual folders for each character and then when you want to play another character put the files into the game saved folder

This.

This is also the advice ive been giving people....even taking another step and thats copying the files to a flash drive for safe keeping.

Myeah this sucks so much... I kept playing on my Corpo and did more quick/autosaves, now *all* of my Streetkid saves are gone, and only one of Nomad at lvl 3 still present... i'm estimating 15-20ish hours of gameplay lost.

Hope CDPR gonna fix this soon!

Check if OneDrive is active in windows. Because this is a known issue with One Drive "backing-up" personal files to the cloud and moving them from its original folder.

Yah the moving files doesn't work for me. Can't move files on a Stadia server. I've lost 3 characters I wanted to come back to.

Top Bottom