People Who Don't Send the "GG" After Round 3

+
Fillory;n6909350 said:
It's 7 out of 17. Still really bad, though, and something I'd say is a huge problem.

That goes doubly for the players on Xbox. Since we can't buy kegs with real cash and there's no telling when that situation will change, post-game rewards are pretty much the only way that we can increase our card collections. Losing a small handful of scraps and ore each game may not seem like a lot, but when it happens multiple times every hour the total loss hurts us a lot.

I only play Monsters so I am suffering from the same issue. I guess people don't like sending GG to Monster deck players??

MisterBurkes;n6910350 said:
I only play Monsters so I am suffering from the same issue. I guess people don't like sending GG to Monster deck players??

MisterBurkes;n6910350 said:

No ... from 21 games 9 times the monsterplayer didn't send a gg ... . Only Skelliger and SC did always send one.

Mhm... in my experience, having tracked 79 games now, there is a strong correlation of "no GG" with Northeners. Particularly after they won.
Given how prevalent Monster decks are, the 3 "no GG" from them is miniscule in comparison to the 6 from Northern.

Monster matches:
36 total
3x "no GG" (8% of the monster matches)
(therein: 1x "no GG" after he won (3% of the monster matches))

Northern matches:
23 total
6x "no GG" (26% of the northern matches)
(therein: 4x "no GG" after he won (17% of northern matches))

Scoia matches:
10 total
0x "no GG"
(therein: 0x "no GG" after he won)

Skellige matches:
10 total
1x "no GG" (10% of Skellige matches) <- and he had good reason too, my winning move was rude, cheap and awful.

Total matches:
79 total
10x "no GG" (13% of total matches)
(therein: 5x "no GG" after he won (6% of total matches))

=> Comparing the group total "no GG"% with the factions, I see a trend there, which says that Northeners are THE most prevalent "no GG" givers in my matches.
=> Particularly the Bad Mannered Rotten Apple behaviour (winning, but too high and mighty to press the GG button)

I play Scoia.

I am quite certain that for each faction, there are others who are a particular thorn in the side, and thus get "punished" by "no GG" more often. Scoia, the way I play them, seems to be this for Northern.

For Monsters, apparently, you Northeners are it.

My thread with my statistics (updating as I get more data):
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...scussions-aa/6883870-some-gg-no-gg-statistics

Lytha how many games did you win against monster as that will influence the GG rate heavy i think ?

My idea that it's mostly monster is wrong it's more that every second game is against a monsterdeck. Still on my chart both NR and monster are around the same 40+% NoGG rate.

Oof, you want more statistics? Sure thing. :D

Monster matches:
36 total

Code:
[COLOR=#BBBBBB][FONT=&quot][SIZE=15px]     Total | "GG" | "no GG"[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#BBBBBB][FONT=&quot][SIZE=15px]"I won"  20 |  18  |    2[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#BBBBBB][FONT=&quot][SIZE=15px]"I lost" 16 |  15  |    1[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
20x "I won" (56% win rate for me)
3x "no GG" (8% of the monster matches) - (therein: 1x "no GG" after he won (3% of the monster matches))

Northern matches:
23 total
Code:
[COLOR=#BBBBBB][FONT=&quot][SIZE=15px]     Total | "GG" | "no GG"[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#BBBBBB][FONT=&quot][SIZE=15px]"I won"   8 |   6  |    2[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#BBBBBB][FONT=&quot][SIZE=15px]"I lost" 15 |  11  |    4[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
8x "I won" (35% win rate for me)
6x "no GG" (26% of the northern matches) - (therein: 4x "no GG" after he won (17% of northern matches))

Scoia matches:
10 total
Code:
[COLOR=#BBBBBB][FONT=&quot][SIZE=15px]"I won"   6 |   6  |    0[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#BBBBBB][FONT=&quot][SIZE=15px]"I lost"  4 |   4  |    0[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
6x "I won" (60% win rate for me)
0x "no GG" -

Skellige matches:
10 total
Code:
[COLOR=#BBBBBB][FONT=&quot][SIZE=15px]"I won"   6 |   5  |    1[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#BBBBBB][FONT=&quot][SIZE=15px]"I lost"  4 |   4  |    0[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
6x "I won" (60% win rate for me)
1x "no GG" (10% of Skellige matches) - (therein: 0x "no GG" after he won)

Total matches:
79 total
Code:
[COLOR=#BBBBBB][FONT=&quot][SIZE=15px]"I won"  40 |  35  |    5[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#BBBBBB][FONT=&quot][SIZE=15px]"I lost" 39 |  34  |    5[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]
40x "I won" (51% win rate for me)
10x "no GG" (13% of total matches) - (therein: 5x "no GG" after he won (6% of total matches))

So, apparently I fare worse against Northeners than against average, and they have the worst GG/no GG ratio.

No offense, but i dont think that statistics presents any new light about the problem really.

From what we can observe right now, its pretty much safe to assume you wont get a gg on about 1/3 ~20/30% of the games you play, sometimes more, sometimes less. But the quantity really isnt the main point ihmo. The main point ihmo is how this system will affect the players experience once the game gets fully released, no matter how much gg's they receive, there will always be situations where the player wont get a gg when he though he deserved one, and that may cause frustation.

Theres already a lot of people complaining with this relatively low non-gg rate, now imagine with a way bigger community.

p.s.: if that mathers, i play pretty much only NR now and i frequently dont receive a GG when i win, specially when i drop phillipa, i would say something about 30 to 40% of the time.

Laveley;n6911530 said:
From what we can observe right now, its pretty much safe to assume you wont get a gg on about 1/3 ~20/30% of the games you play.
No.

10 "no GG" out of 79 is by far not "20-30%".

I could agree with "about 10%". Anything else is an exaggeration of the worst sort.

2 kind of player dont get a GG from me.

Those who end a game in first round after a bad draw and those who keep playing card in the 3rd round after i already pass and give up. Not talking about 1-2 cards. No i am talking about over 3-4 cards or still try to do stupid combo with graveyard after i already pass.

But most of the time the community is really mature and good. 95% GG almost. Its feels always fair. Even if someone play strong cards you can counter them or simply give up the round and win the next two. Not in heartstone where a legendary can f..k off everything.

PS: Guys......get a Dimertium Bomb and everything is fine.

MisterBurkes;n6892380 said:
Why do people win or lose after Round 3 and refuse to send the "GG"? It demonstrates extremely poor manners :(
There's only three reasons I will not GG you.

1. You continue playing cards when you've already won on the board. (ie. wasting my time)
2. You let the timer run out before passing once you've already won. (ie. wasting my time)
3. You constantly let the timer run out before playing cards. (ie. wasting my time)

Last edited:
Laveley;n6911530 said:
p.s.: if that mathers, i play pretty much only NR now and i frequently dont receive a GG when i win, specially when i drop phillipa, i would say something about 30 to 40% of the time.
Speaking of NR and "no GGs" - is it possible that you follow the guideline "I only GG if the other person does it first"?

Because that might explain my abnormally large "Bad Mannered Rotten Apple behaviour of 'no GG' after they won" percentage among the Northeners. They win more often against my deck than others do, and as loser, I only give GG if the winner does it first (unless I had a good time in the match). Since I would currently bury the Northern abomination of a deck in a fetid swamp after taking a dump on it, the case "I click GG because I had a good time" never kicks in, so in case of a lose, I always wait for the winning Northener to click it first.

I would imagine that other players share my sentiment about "winner needs to click GG first, else I won't", because giving GG but receiving none in return is producing too many bad feelings (as evidenced by this thread here and the other daily threads about the GG topic.)

So, yeah, if you guys don't share that sentiment, because you irrationally expect the loser to not only be pissed off because he lost, but also to risk the bad feelings for "and then I gave that bad mannered fucker GG and he never returned it"? If that should be the case, then I can understand your high "no GG" rate. In fact, I'd be surprised if you even get 70-80% GGs at all, given that I doubt that anyone actually has a good time playing against your buffed clone abominations.

grabalek;n6905760 said:
In other words winning the game a little bit earlier gets you so upset, that you refuse to give a handful of scraps to other player. At the same time you can't accept that someone losing a game to you, might be upset enough not to give you an EXTRA reward. Totally makes sense. .

Dude, seriously, you missed the whole point of the forfeit didn't you? Most of the people who forfeit do so when they've lost the round and you've passed the go to finish the game anyway.I don't see the point of why they forfeited when the game was over anyway.

As it is, no, I don't like an easy win. I get a thrill of pitting myself against someone but I don't keep playing once they have lost. If I kept playing all the rest of my cards, then, yeah, I could understand the forfeit. Playing the rest of the cards is like rubbing salt into the wound.

I think it's a nice feature designed to just quell the rageyness of losing, it's function to simply promote "good sportsmanship" by rewarding people, I know when I've tried to fly out of the stats screen during "Spoils of War" when I lose to quickly get into another match, I've accidentally breezed past the "Y" option to do this so a "are you sure you don't want to send this?" might be handy.

Overall, it's a courtesy feature, I think it would lose sincerity if it became expectant from people, ya win some, ya lose some I guess :D

I always send a GG after any game, even if the opponent disconnected and I got an auto-win by forfeit. Considering the price to craft some cards in the game, my reasoning is that every little scrap I give someone counts, and what the hell, it's just a click anyway, it's not going to cost me anything.

+ There are those people who wait till you give them a GG first before sending one back, so there's that too.

Fguri;n6914440 said:
I always send a GG after any game, even if the opponent disconnected and I got an auto-win by forfeit. Considering the price to craft some cards in the game, my reasoning is that every little scrap I give someone counts, and what the hell, it's just a click anyway, it's not going to cost me anything.

+ There are those people who wait till you give them a GG first before sending one back, so there's that too.

^^^ This! :D

I can't wait till we can invite people to matches, it will be good to have rematches and such :D

Fguri;n6914440 said:

Fguri;n6914440 said:

You might not know, but the 'instant forfeits' are bots farming GG resources from people like you. Please don't GG them, you are sustaining them.

Stop Crying about this thing please. If your opponent had fun with the game he played with you he will send GG. If not he has the right to not send. And most of you are just people who stomp people and say GG as " I rekt you " and want them to send you GG too. Sure thing. I have like a 70% win ratio right now btw so I am not a salty loser as a post in previous page say.

Lytha;n6911560 said:
No. 10 "no GG" out of 79 is by far not "20-30%". I could agree with "about 10%". Anything else is an exaggeration of the worst sort.

Please read:

Laveley;n6911530 said:
From what we can observe right now, its pretty much safe to assume you wont get a gg on about 1/3 ~20/30% of the games you play, sometimes more, sometimes less. But the quantity really isnt the main point ihmo.

-------------------------------

Lytha;n6913690 said:
Speaking of NR and "no GGs" - is it possible that you follow the guideline "I only GG if the other person does it first"? Because that might explain my abnormally large "Bad Mannered Rotten Apple behaviour of 'no GG' after they won" percentage among the Northeners. They win more often against my deck than others do, and as loser, I only give GG if the winner does it first (unless I had a good time in the match). Since I would currently bury the Northern abomination of a deck in a fetid swamp after taking a dump on it, the case "I click GG because I had a good time" never kicks in, so in case of a lose, I always wait for the winning Northener to click it first. I would imagine that other players share my sentiment about "winner needs to click GG first, else I won't", because giving GG but receiving none in return is producing too many bad feelings (as evidenced by this thread here and the other daily threads about the GG topic.) So, yeah, if you guys don't share that sentiment, because you irrationally expect the loser to not only be pissed off because he lost, but also to risk the bad feelings for "and then I gave that bad mannered fucker GG and he never returned it"? If that should be the case, then I can understand your high "no GG" rate. In fact, I'd be surprised if you even get 70-80% GGs at all, given that I doubt that anyone actually has a good time playing against your buffed clone abominations.

lol! That just proves what i'm saying here. If a player sits on the endscreen to give a GG only if he receives one back, that's the exact type of sentiment that he is trying to avoid that happens when he is giving a GG and not receiving another back: frustration.

Also, how can you approve a system if players reside in tactics like this just to cheat the system? Shouldnt a gg be given because the player felt the game was good and want to reward the opponent for the chalenge, and not as a returned favor?

Anyways, responding your question: i always give GG (except against auto-forfeit), even when i'm almost certain i wont receive one back. But than again, THATS NOT THE POINT! I'm not here complaining that i have a low GG receiving rate. I'm here to point out, as a beta tester, that ihmo this system is gonna be very unpopular and cause a lot of frustration if it makes to the final release, like i said here:

Laveley;n6911530 said:
The main point ihmo is how this system will affect the players experience once the game gets fully released, no matter how much gg's they receive, there will always be situations where the player wont get a gg when he though he deserved one, and that may cause frustration.

Top Bottom