Perk: Shoot, Reload, Repeat doesn't always trigger. Bug or intended?

+
For some reason, I can't get this perk to trigger consistently. It seems to work with Submachine guns - but only works some of the time with the Ashura Smart Sniper Rifle. I'm 100% certain I'm killing the enemies with it - but it only triggers around half the time.

Is this a bug - or is there some trick I don't understand?

For some reason, I can't get this perk to trigger consistently. It seems to work with Submachine guns - but only works some of the time with the Ashura Smart Sniper Rifle. I'm 100% certain I'm killing the enemies with it - but it only triggers around half the time.

Could be bugged. Best to notify Support.

Could be some internal cooldown on it too? making it only trigger sometimes.
It could make sense, because with Ashura you have to reload after each shot, so it's "often". Unlike of a Grad for example (you reload less often, very slow fire rate and 4 ammo magazine).

wait....it should work only with assault rifles or submachine guns. So if it works with a smart weapon it is a bug:)

wait....it should work only with assault rifles or submachine guns. So if it works with a smart weapon it is a bug:)
Not sure ;)
In the description, it's noticed for "rifles & SMG". So like some other perks, it would concern all the "rifles and SMG" (assault, precision, sniper, tech, smart,...)
When it's "specific" to a type of rifles, it's noticed. Like Steel Nerves (head shot bonus increased by 10/20% with sniper and precision rifles).

Not sure ;)
In the description, it's noticed for "rifles & SMG". So like some other perks, it would concern all the "rifles and SMG" (assault, precision, sniper, tech, smarts,...)
When it's "specific" to a type of rifles, it's noticed. Like Steel Nerves (head shot bonus increased by 10/20% with sniper and precision rifles).

Didn't realize the perks worked like that. The tech weapons for example are very powerful, but they don't (or have a few only) perks. This sort of thing:)
...and as you pointed out the drawback for having such a power is that the weapon is slow to reload and you have to make sure every shot count. Kinda bad if you can remove that with low level perk:)

Didn't realize the perks worked like that. The tech weapons for example are very powerful, but they don't (or have a few only) perks. This sort of thing:)
For example, Nekomata or Breakthrough (which are tech sniper rifles), can become damn powerful with Assault perks and Tech perks combined :)

I think I figured it out, actually. It works if you kill an enemy BEFORE you start reloading - which will depend on the distance. If it's far away - you will start reloading before you actually hit the enemy (and kill him/her) - and therefore the speed increase won't trigger. The Ashura can take a little while before impact, because the bullet isn't that fast - and it can travel a long way. Which is different from most SMGs and Assault Rifles.

I think it's 100% intentional that Sniper Rifles are affected, as they're Rifles. Many perks in the Assault tree affects all rifles in that way.

I just think it's a bit bugged because it can't trigger properly when you're already reloading.

I think I figured it out, actually. It works if you kill an enemy BEFORE you start reloading - which will depend on the distance. If it's far away - you will start reloading before you actually hit the enemy (and kill him/her) - and therefore the speed increase won't trigger. The Ashura can take a little while before impact, because the bullet isn't that fast - and it can travel a long way. Which is different from most SMGs and Assault Rifles.

I think it's 100% intentional that Sniper Rifles are affected, as they're Rifles. Many perks in the Assault tree affects all rifles in that way.

I just think it's a bit bugged because it can't trigger properly when you're already reloading.
In English version of the game there's no question about it, it's rifles and should apply to sniper rifles too per description.

Please do contact support as I think this is something important. They could, perhaps if they are still willing to chance Perks, to add one more level to faster reloading Perk that is IMO very important with certain sniper rifles at least and and scrap this one, or come up with something else. Anyway, would be great if you report this.

Edit: Perk in question Reflexes/Assault - Feel the Flow also changed to apply all rifles.

Last edited:
Yep, agree. With Ashura, you "often" (if not always) start to reload even before that the bullet reach the target :)

Shouldent that pretty much even out the reload speed? shoot and reload vs shoot and wait too reload with a 20% increased speed? Feels kinda pointless tbh :) Also noticed the other reload speed talent does say assault rifles/submachine guns so im guessing it doent work on rifles? Theres the smart gun reload speed talent in tech but

Shouldent that pretty much even out the reload speed? shoot and reload vs shoot and wait too reload with a 20% increased speed? Feels kinda pointless tbh :)
Anyway, I guess it only concern Ashura, which have a "very" low bullet speed, very long range and one bullet "magazine" :)
Also noticed the other reload speed talent does say assault rifles/submachine guns so im guessing it doent work on rifles?
Yep, it only concern assault rifles :)
(precision and sniper rifles are not affected).
But if you use a smart assault rifles (like Divided We Stand), you can have this perk and also the perk in engineering.

Kinda find it sad tbh :D most perks are just dmg% and reload speed%. Stat stacking basicly. Kinda limits the fun builds that would be possible in a game like this... Im guessing Cyberware was supposed too fill that but its also limited.

Shouldent that pretty much even out the reload speed? shoot and reload vs shoot and wait too reload with a 20% increased speed? Feels kinda pointless tbh :) Also noticed the other reload speed talent does say assault rifles/submachine guns so im guessing it doent work on rifles? Theres the smart gun reload speed talent in tech but
Yep, it only concern assault rifles :)
(precision and sniper rifles are not affected).
While not directly relevant to bug found by OP, there's something else I wonder. While Shoot, Reload... helps with power sniper rifles, there's no other way to speed up reloading, not even in skill progression level rewards.

Dealing damage isn't much of an issue with Grad's but that there are only very few scenarios where using sniper rifles makes sense due rendering distances, meaning even terrain is visible for long distances, NPC's aren't at least on Xbox One X. Meaning enemies will close distance to V fast.

There's one major sequence in game where sniper rifles could shine during path to the Star and this actually reflects to bug OP found. Think Ashura could be only viable sniper rifle to take full advantage of certain place in that location and it's severely impacted by this. Then as power sniper rifles go, Grad is simply too slow to reload in general and while holding certain position and sniping can work, it's sadly very obvious that it's very ineffective tactic. Anything else, even pistol (headshots from close), assault rifles and grenades even baseball bats (as V can hit several enemies and stagger them at once) is more effective.

@LeKill3rFou have you ever tried Legendary Ajax in that sequence for sniping?

My suggestion for a fix:

Instead of "Reload speed for 4 seconds upon defeating an enemy" make it "Next reload after defeating an enemy" - which would essentially be identical - as the 4 seconds are so short anyway.

I hope CDPR cares about this perk :)

@LeKill3rFou have you ever tried Legendary Ajax in that sequence for sniping?
Before 1.31, yep. As long as enemies were at "long distance" (to avoid handgun damage malus), I always used an Ajax or a Copperhead (if you were aiming correctly, head shoots were always lethal or almost).
But now with 1.5 changes, I no longer use Assalt rifles at all. Without 100% crit chances, assault rifles are no longer useful as (stealth) sniper weapons.

Before 1.31, yep. As long as enemies were at "long distance" (to avoid handgun damage malus), I always used an Ajax or a Copperhead (if you were aiming correctly, head shoots were always lethal or almost).
But now with 1.5 changes, I no longer use Assalt rifles at all. Without 100% crit chances, assault rifles are no longer useful as (stealth) sniper weapons.
Thanks, that's informative. I recalled you writing about that but it was months ago. It's just something I came to think that if it's more convenient for player to use assault rifle for sniping than sniper rifle (at least what comes to power weapons) maybe it would be worth a while to check how viable power sniper rifles, outside specific weapons like Overwatch, are for players.

Top Bottom