Phantom Liberty Tour announced

+
Do you think it's fantastic? For me, yes, this decision is a 10/10. A company that wants to reconcile with its fans and players.

CDPR gentlemen, I really like what you are doing. I think we are facing a huge expansion, I have little doubt that there will be a lot of content and many hours of new stories, it adds new interesting features and this smells of success.

Seeing this decision, I think the expansion will be for the last quarter of the year. Now months of marketing are coming. I spoke months ago about October, if it arrives earlier it will be perfect, but I don't think so.

Hopefully among the surprises there will be greater immersion and complexity in the city, Night City is a place that I love. They are not coming to Spain, I forgive you this time :coolstory:

Last edited:
Do you think it's fantastic? For me, yes, this decision is a 10/10. A company that wants to reconcile with its fans and players.

CDPR gentlemen, I really like what you are doing. I think we are facing a huge expansion, I have little doubt that there will be a lot of content and many hours of new stories, it adds new interesting features and this smells of success.

Seeing this decision, I think the expansion will be for the last quarter of the year. Now months of marketing are coming. I spoke months ago about October, if it arrives earlier it will be perfect, but I don't think so.

Hopefully among the surprises there will be greater immersion and complexity in the city, Night City is a place that I love. They are not coming to Spain, I forgive you this time :coolstory:

I can't find a source, but can anyone back me up. Does anyone remember them saying that they wanted marketing and the release date more closer together? I guess technically last quarter still counts, but I wouldn't consider that close.

I can't find a source, but can anyone back me up. Does anyone remember them saying that they wanted marketing and the release date more closer together? I guess technically last quarter still counts, but I wouldn't consider that close.
Compared to release its like very very very close.

I remember something like this. I wouldn’t be surprised if the release is really close after the tours are finished.

The thing is closer compared to the initial release could still be November or December. Starting a marketing campaign like three or four months ahead of time isn't a super long time.

I still think that this "tour" will be like a month long thing until the actual launch though. I highly, highly, highly doubt that they let the public play it and spoil it for months on end before the release.

I think we'll see it around July 4th.

Also - has an expansion ever had this much hype before? For any game from any studio? This is going to be quite the marketing campaign if it has a freakin' tour associated with it. They are making it seem like a very big deal.
Post automatically merged:

Also - America is excluded from the tour. I imagine this is because the tour is 'kicking off' in LA at SGF. I imagine these events will be soon to follow.

The thing is closer compared to the initial release could still be November or December. Starting a marketing campaign like three or four months ahead of time isn't a super long time.

I still think that this "tour" will be like a month long thing until the actual launch though. I highly, highly, highly doubt that they let the public play it and spoil it for months on end before the release.

Also - has an expansion ever had this much hype before? For any game from any studio? This is going to be quite the marketing campaign if it has a freakin' tour associated with it. They are making it seem like a very big deal.
Post automatically merged:

Also - America is excluded from the tour. I imagine this is because the tour is 'kicking off' in LA at SGF. I imagine these events will be soon to follow.

I don't recall expansion(s) getting this kind of hands on before.

Yep
No, nothing like this that I can remember. Closest thing(s) that comes to mind are maybe WoW expansions, and I say that because I don't play WoW but I knew when an expansion is coming because they were shoved in my face before I got Youtube premium.

Of course... We need keep in mind how much they hyped the initial release. Yeah? * Before anyone decides to start running interference*
This isn't out of spite or annoyance, just managing expectations based on experience and evidence. Like... these guys have a rep for hyping themselves up.

I sincerely hope, and feel, this time is different. Direction has changed and we've seen promising results since then, likewise Adam Kicinski emphasized "we can bring the game to such a state that we can be proud of it". I hope they will remember this experience and not be content to rest on their laurels again.

So, does anyone know if these are just random places (besides Warsaw, and Germany) or are these game events?

So, does anyone know if these are just random places (besides Warsaw, and Germany) or are these game events?
These are places of significance in the lore and IRL commerce - the latter being why they're important in the game world in the first place.
IF they are game events - Tokyo Game Show is in September this year. Their twitter quip about an 'ugrade in early 2024' may not have been mere jest if that's the case.

Last edited:
people in here said it more than once.... compared to the release even end of the year is "closer". everybody who thought it will be in june or summer just hyped him/herself on own purpose.

Based on events of a couple of years ago, I get an uneasy feeling any time the CDPR marketing team is involved in something. That being said, no, this doesn't feel like a normal game expansion. I didn't really expect it to, since this is both the initial expansion and the grand finale for the game.

some youtubers checked big game events in theses cities… and if theses hands on tour is all pre-release PL might drop earliest in November. Feel free to discuss this „late summer“ thesis. ^^
B1D31F2E-0452-4660-A88A-9523411047C4.png

Last edited:
honesty, I don't wanna any tour. I want to play it on my pc and that's it. 3 years for a dlc ...
edit: november ? what a joke ... I have 6 more gigs of replay 1.62 and move to another game
it can't be november. cause at that time stalker2 could be released and most of us will play it.

Im not saying it’s fact just that according to theses game events the last takes place in late october - so if it’s pre-release and tied to thoses researched event assumptions November would be the earliest month for a release. ^^

Some speculate on "November" because "Paris Games Week" (01 › 05 Novembre 2023), I guess...
Just my opinion, but I don't think we'll have to wait until November (but even if it's November, I don't care^^)

Top Bottom