Players that play the rest of their cards after they have already won!

+
Players that play the rest of their cards after they have already won!

I dont know about the rest of you but this really gets on my nerves. I dont mind losing a good game but if you have a lead and I have no cards left, do you really need to continue to kick me while im down. Are you really that much of a dick that you just have to show me how much more you can win by? Just know that when you do, you are not getting a good game from me, ya prick. Maybe its just me. How do the rest of you feel about it?

Would it surprise you if I told you there have been many MANY topic about exactly this?

Yeah that one is a bit annoying especially when you can't tell them that you don't find it fun. But you can always hit ESC and forfeit.

Could it be new players who think that more cards played increases the XP for "performance"? It was something I had wondered about in my first couple games.

I doubt it. It mostly has been happening with higher level players. But some of them could be.

i'll surprise you but I don't really care if my opponent does that. I try to see the benefit of it : I can know what's inside his deck and adapt my play by knowing what could be inside other decks. (unsuspected combos, etc) What I really don't like is when I won the last round so I pass but my opponent still forfeit for no f***ing reason, just to save what? 2 seconds? THAT is what I would call being a d*ck.

I can understand that point of view for new players but for a lot of the gwent players there arent many combos that havent been seen. Personally I dont see the upside but to each their own. As for the forfeit issue, also very annoying. I Also noticed that if players forfeit before the 3rd round you cant gove them GG.

Actually I most of the time like to see what card the oponent had, that way I can learn from my mistakes and better understand why I lost. If you don't like it just forfeit.

Esclive;n7771900 said:
i'll surprise you but I don't really care if my opponent does that. I try to see the benefit of it : I can know what's inside his deck and adapt my play by knowing what could be inside other decks. (unsuspected combos, etc) What I really don't like is when I won the last round so I pass but my opponent still forfeit for no f***ing reason, just to save what? 2 seconds? THAT is what I would call being a d*ck.

Completely agree with you on the forfeit when you pass right away already. Don't get why some people do that.

Strollin;n7772680 said:
I still dont understand why all cards arent simply revealed when the match is over tbh.

Because of sportsmanship. Sometimes you want to forfeit without showing your play. It might not matter as much in a game like Gwent, but there are still situations were it's relevant. Maybe when you are in the top ranking and you encounter more of the same players.

I guess some (competitive)players that do this want to increase their mmr/tracked performance no matter what, but there are pricks too.

4RM3D;n7772920 said:
Because of sportsmanship. Sometimes you want to forfeit without showing your play. It might not matter as much in a game like Gwent, but there are still situations were it's relevant. Maybe when you are in the top ranking and you encounter more of the same players.
But the same can be said about revealing cards. I have had enough matches where I wanted to show what I had left but I didnt want to because some people consider it as BM :D

i dont ever forfeit and its very rare that opponent shows off his cards to me after he's already won

also some people might do that because they are afraid that you not forfeiting is some kind of trick, a lot of them still dont know properly how the game works and will just play cards to get some bigger number on their field before they pass

regardless i still like to see what the enemy has in store, especially in times after the patch hits

Strollin;n7773400 said:
But the same can be said about revealing cards. I have had enough matches where I wanted to show what I had left but I didnt want to because some people consider it as BM :D

There was a lengthy thread about this. Some people want to play all cards regardless, while other people just want the match to end as quickly as possible. Regardless of intentions and perceived intentions, the best thing you can do is adhere to the unwritten rules, which is: do not prolong the match longer than needed. You'll please a lot more people than you'll hurt with this. (This isn't specifically directed at you; just talking in general.)

I think It's mostly the waste of everyones time that annoys players, when the opponent keeps dropping cards after they've won. Also, the pass button is too slow. So, most of the players just forfeit to speed things up, but forfeiting just doesn't feel right. More like slap in the face for the winner.

IDK

If it takes longer than say 30 seconds I just don't press "good game", serves him right for wasting my time.

I don't mind at all. I think it is nice to see their full hand. I personally do not like people to forfeit.

Top Bottom