Police Drone arrives to check Finger's Body Random encounter, Story feature or glitch?

+
I'm not sure if this is a glitch or an intentional story feature, and was curious if this has ever happened to anyone else. I was replaying this scene to record interesting variations between NPCs. Prior to the scene I had reloaded a few times for those NPC variations. The first time I spoke to Fingers and chopped him up, I went into the bathroom until the alert disappeared. The second time I reloaded and went out to speak to Judy; I noticed red light coming up the stairs and saw a drone. I stepped back and ran to the window and then turned to see the drone going into Finger's room. It scanned Fingers body and I followed it, stopped at the door and then stepped from the door and turned back the drone was gone. I reloaded again to get the scene to see if it was a fluke and it happened again. I reloaded a third time from an automatic save, nothing happened so I returned to a manual save. The fourth time I reloaded the scene and got it recorded but the video is really bad because I was panicking (in Patch 1.4 when the cops rain down with all their drones I always died, and didn't want a show down >.< ). I "parkoured" out the window (that seems new?) and came back up and same thing. Drone investigates body and then vanishes.

I reloaded again after that from automatic and manual saves and 10x reload laters (and counting) I've been unable to get that scene to occur again (for a proper stable recording). After around the 9th or 10th time the doors started locking behind me again. I have no idea if that was just a random encounter (where sometimes they appear and sometimes they do whenever you kill a civilian) -- or if it was supposed to be part of the story (but) is buggy/glitchy.

At the moment the police drone is inconsistent.

Has anyone else encountered this during their gameplay? Is it a bug/glitch or just a random event that sometimes happen, sometimes doesn't?

Update:

Still don't know if it's a bug, but figured out the trigger.

-If you stay long enough in the room (until the drone gets close to the steps) or if you move the body close to the door (or) outside the room

-Fingers door will not close

-As long as Fingers door remains open the drone will come in *scan* and then if inside the room - the instance will be despawned (I think the player can't be looking at it for it to delete itself(?) if player is looking or if player is in an area where they could be looking the drone in theory might just stay there and turn yellow (inactive))

-If the Drone scans the body 'outside' the room it will just get stuck instead of despawning until unknown time has passed.

I imagine the 'door' was always meant to close behind the player so that this doesn't occur; and that the drone scanning the body is just part of the games regular behaviour (?)

Last edited:
Top Bottom