post 2.01 BUG REPORT: tier downgrade for arms cyberware

+
20231005161622_1.jpg

Equipped mantis where 5+, unnequiped white gorilla and mantis where 4.

Hopefully 2.02 will be released soon ^_^

IMPORTANT: the equipped mantis blades and white gorilla arms cannot be upgraded, luckily the white uneqwuipped mantis blades can, they where the maxtac mantis blades you get from defeating defeating Melissa Rory, and they wherent easy to get :D so please, when you fix this, make it so that they can either be upgraded again or they come back at their previous tier, the mantis blades i had had the perfect bonuses and it'd be sad that they where to be wasted.

Addint to my list of reports:

Last edited:
It's not just cyberware. This morning, I had loaded up a save, only to find that my icons were missing. This afternoon, after making sure both parts of the game were updated I loaded up the save from earlier, to find the icons were back.

But I quickly noticed that the tier 5 sniper rifle I had equipped, had magically downgraded to a tier 3. So I went back to an even earlier save and found, all my gear is tier 5 again (sorry no pictures).

Then I saved my game, quit and took a quick break. Came back, loaded my game only to find, my monowire was now tier 3.

20231005_160716.jpg

Then I loaded an even earlier save and the monowire was tier 1.

20231005_161404.jpg

Unfortunately, after loading quite a few older saves, I wasn't able to restore my monowire back to a tier 5, like I did with my sniper rifle.

I also noticed that my sound has been cutting in & out....where all I can hear are noises generated by my own character. It magically seems to correct itself without having to do anything.

Same here, gimme back my cyberware in generation V gold. I spent a lot of money to buy them at the ripperdoc, are you telling me I lost roughly 250,000 €$ on those items simply by installing new patch? I can't beliieve that.

All those grey items were gold Gen.V pre 2.01.
2023-10-05_2214_2.png

Yup same issue happened to me

View attachment 11367544
YEP I DONT HAVE THE SCREENSHOT BUT IM ON PS5 SAME THING. My monowire white. My favorite throwing knife green rarity and cannot be upgraded when it was legendary before the update. Also markers over fast travel points are glitching out. The blue teardrop shaped ones. Past that I haven't played much this is giving me literal OCD anxiety. I guess CDPR doesn't believe in testing what they do now. Who cares is the motto. They claim to "fix" things and I seriously don't hold my breath. I don't believe a word out of them anymore not after 2020 they took full corpo life path and haven't changed in my eyes.

Yeah.

My Tier 5 Mantis Blades dropped to Tier 3. I'm definitely not happy. It's even random. An earlier save where I had Tier 5s had dropped to 1.

What an absolutely shitty bug to happen. Out of all the cyberware it could happen to, it has to be those. Give me a break.

Edit: A little while after posting this, my previously gold pants are now down to Tier 1. Like what?? This wasn't happening before the patch. I'm genuinely concerned that saves are becoming corrupted or something.

Last edited:
Edit: A little while after posting this, my previously gold pants are now down to Tier 1. Like what?? This wasn't happening before the patch. I'm genuinely concerned that saves are becoming corrupted or something.

I'm concerned as well. I don't want to lose my gear, so I'm going to hold off on playing until I hear that they've fixed it, or they figure how and why it's happening.

On that note, has anyone had this happen more than once, to the same save file...for example, you loaded a save, your cyberware was downgraded, you said screw it and bought a replacement. Then later, with that same save, your cyberware was downgraded again?

I experimented yesterday and found, upon loading different saves, that my cyberware had downgraded randomly, but I didn't continue playing.

Is this bug once and done (upon the initial load), or does it randomly occur as you continue to play?

I'm concerned as well. I don't want to lose my gear, so I'm going to hold off on playing until I hear that they've fixed it, or they figure how and why it's happening.

On that note, has anyone had this happen more than once, to the same save file...for example, you loaded a save, your cyberware was downgraded, you said screw it and bought a replacement. Then later, with that same save, your cyberware was downgraded again?

I experimented yesterday and found, upon loading different saves, that my cyberware had downgraded randomly, but I didn't continue playing.

Is this bug once and done (upon the initial load), or does it randomly occur as you continue to play?
I'm *almost* 100% positive that multiple loads of the same save led to different items losing quality, but only after hopping around to different saves. In order, it went Mantis Blades downgrade but everything else was fine - load up old saves looking for my Tier 5 Mantis Blades - go back to original save, saw the pants had downgraded - load up other saves trying to find out what's going on - go back to original save, now the shoes had downgraded on top of the pants and Mantis Blades.

This happened to a much earlier save as well. It was a save that should have had the Tier 5 Mantis Blades, but when I loaded that one, they had downgraded all the way to Tier 1.

I eventually found a save that still had my Tier 5s (but the pants and shoes were back down to white for no conceivable reason) so I just went back to that and continued playing from there. Lost a lot of side quest progression, but whatever. I already completed them and had gotten achievements for them so I just finished off the game before anything got worse.

Love the game and I'll always revisit it, but man... I'll be taking a long break for them to sort it all out. That was hours of grinding Tier 5 mats and cash just to randomly have it all get taken away right before I was going back to Arasaka Tower to finish the game off. Tier 3s against Smasher on Very Hard is not very fun. It's almost half the damage.

Same issue for me, except I had every variant of every arm (plain/tox/electric/fire) at tier 5+ or 5++, and about half were changed to white/blue/purple quality. Infuriating.

Yesterday my downgraded cyberware have been upgraded a bit, but for unknown reason not all to a same grade V they were pre 2.01.
2023-10-06_2148_1.png
Gorilla fist is restored to Gen V (red bar)
Monowire is restored to Gen IV (dark blue bar) - still awaiting restoration for gold GenV
Mantis is restored to Gen III (blue bar) - still awaiting restoration for gold GenV
Rocket launcher, no change Gen V+ (gold bar).

Btw, Poison Monowire still has no extra description, I think it had much more text/stats pre 2.01, right?
2023-10-06_2148_2.png

After installing update 2.01, the game stopped running on PC. Reinstalling the game and trying to repair the files didn't work, what else can I do?

My Gorilla arms turned white, later blue.
I just sold them and bought new ones which stayed 5++ since.
What bothers me more is that you can now unequip them but it doesn't revert the look of the hands to original.

Top Bottom