problems & enhanced edition registration help

+
problems & enhanced edition registration help

hey all. it's not that big of an issue,but the game will crash 75% of the time when i try to exit to windows.i try to send error report to microsoft,and it never tells me why. any ideas whats causing this? also, i still get problems with the framerate from time to time.especially in outdoor areas. it runs satisfactory when in buildings,dungeons,etc.. i run the game on medium default settings.(regular edition-upgraded to E.E.). i've attached my dxdiag,waiting to hear from atari tech support,still haven't heard anything yet. also,how do i go about registering my downloaded enhanced edition? can you not do it unless you buy it? the forums only showing the regular edition registered.thanx in advance for any positive feedback!

greenabobo said:
hey all. it's not that big of an issue,but the game will crash 75% of the time when i try to exit to windows.i try to send error report to microsoft,and it never tells me why. any ideas whats causing this? also, i still get problems with the framerate from time to time.especially in outdoor areas. it runs satisfactory when in buildings,dungeons,etc.. i run the game on medium default settings.(regular edition-upgraded to E.E.). i've attached my dxdiag,waiting to hear from atari tech support,still haven't heard anything yet.
read: Getting tech help on the forum and attach that PCWizard report as instructed ( use the older version of PCWizard if you have problems with the newer one )read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0do attach the file ERRLOG.TXT from The Witcher/System folder
greenabobo said:
also,how do i go about registering my downloaded enhanced edition? can you not do it unless you buy it? the forums only showing the regular edition registered.thanx in advance for any positive feedback!
can you detail this, i don't understand

greenabobo said:
also,how do i go about registering my downloaded enhanced edition? can you not do it unless you buy it? the forums only showing the regular edition registered.thanx in advance for any positive feedback!
can you detail this, i don't understand[/QUOTE] i mean how do you register a downloaded copy of the enhanced edition? do you have to actually own a physical copy (store-bought)of the game to do this? the only thing i can and have registered is the regular edition.does that clear it up for you?

greenabobo said:
i mean how do you register a downloaded copy of the enhanced edition? do you have to actually own a physical copy (store-bought)of the game to do this? the only thing i can and have registered is the regular edition.does that clear it up for you?
you already have a registered copy on your profile, anyway, so you might need a second account for that second keyif you have a digital download, the guys that sold you the game gave yoou 2 keys: one for installing the game and one for the registration ( REDxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx )if they did not gave you the second key you have to ask them

greenabobo said:
ok,here's my dxdiag,with the pc wizard report,with the error log form the witcher folder.thanks again.
use the older pcwizard to get a full reportalso the new hotfix is here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21009.0

thanx.i'll try and install the hotfix and older pc wizard later.i'm off to school this morning.have a good day.

exactly which version of p.c. wizard should i download? i have the 1.852 version like it says here: http://www.filebox.ro/download.php?key=fxqfu5d4ve4sv8kx is this not the one i should use? I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same as the new version : http://www.filebox.ro/download.php?key=78a7a44adad4e560e3bccde20995810a&&english=1 Yes I am confused. here's the report i got from the 1.852 version of pc wizard.

greenabobo said:
exactly which version of p.c. wizard should i download? i have the 1.852 version like it says here: http://www.filebox.ro/download.php?key=fxqfu5d4ve4sv8kx is this not the one i should use? I'm pretty sure it's exactly the same as the new version : http://www.filebox.ro/download.php?key=78a7a44adad4e560e3bccde20995810a&&english=1 Yes I am confused. here's the report i got from the 1.852 version of pc wizard.
i don't care about the version as long as it is a COMPLETE report, a BIG 60kb or more

ok i understand. so on pc wizard after i open the program,i click ,at the top left corner,"file",then "save as" then there are 2 options.hardware,and hardware/system summary. those are the two reports i've been trying to attach for you(from pc wizard anyway) am I just hitting the wrong option? is this not what i'm supposed to be doing in other words.i was simply following the instructions provided by this link: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_tech_help_on_the_forum thanx for your patience and feedback. the hotfix does seem to help a little with the graphic hiccups i was previously experiencing.

greenabobo said:
ok i understand. so on pc wizard after i open the program,i click ,at the top left corner,"file",then "save as" then there are 2 options.hardware,and hardware/system summary. those are the two reports i've been trying to attach for you(from pc wizard anyway) am I just hitting the wrong option? is this not what i'm supposed to be doing in other words.i was simply following the instructions provided by this link: http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Getting_tech_help_on_the_forum thanx for your patience and feedback. the hotfix does seem to help a little with the graphic hiccups i was previously experiencing.
do try until it saves a big report

ok we are in business, here's the bigger report.i believe this is what you're looking for. i was sending you the hardware/system report before,which was (ironically) smaller.this is strictly just the hardware report, 11,784 kb in size. it's compressed,you gonna need to extract it.otherwise,it was to big to attach..sorry for all the trouble,hopefully,you can pinpoint any potential problems and how to prevent them from happening.thanx again.

greenabobo said:
ok we are in business, here's the bigger report.i believe this is what you're looking for. i was sending you the hardware/system report before,which was (ironically) smaller.this is strictly just the hardware report, 11,784 kb in size. it's compressed,you gonna need to extract it.otherwise,it was to big to attach..sorry for all the trouble,hopefully,you can pinpoint any potential problems and how to prevent them from happening.thanx again.
looks like PCWizard has some issues on your system, you could report it to the software developer, and email them this attached report> Processor : Intel Pentium 4 531 @ 3000 MHz> Video Card : NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS this is like minimum settings for the game, i hope you set everything on LOW, 800x600 and try to get the settings up until it becomes unplayablein the nVidia control panel set everything on Application, Quality mode

the game actually runs decent on defualt medium settings,1024 x 768 resolution.set to balance on the nvidia control panel.i probably should have it set to performance.the problems (low framerate) are more apparent on the "deception" adventure.i don't know if this has to do with the graphics hotfix not working with it or what it is.it (the hotfix) makes a difference on the normal adventure and the "side effects" adventure.you can actually see all those slashes,with the blood and everything(fluidly). cannot upgrade the video card anymore,as,i cannot put any bigger of a power supply in this thing.the pc (gateway E2600),is a "slimline" tower,hence the lack of upgradability. there's nothing that anyone makes that will fit into this thing.i had to get low profile brackets just to get the nvidia 8400 gs card in there.it is certainly an upgrade from the on-board video card i had in there.the game would barely move on low settings even./update:now i'm running it on (nvidia control panel) app controlled,quality settings(overall). in the last driver update,my video card started showing a new option called PhysX GPU acceleration,which,with the hotfix,is making a world of difference in terms of how this game performs on my pc. i'm playing "the price of neutrality" i'm there taliking to lambert,all of a sudden two archespores jump out,and me and lambert put the hurt on both of them,and it played great.you can even see the little tortured courpse,twitching at the base of the archespore. so i dunno,maybe you're underestimating something with my configuration. it's certainly far from unplayable on medium default settings w/ the video set the way i have it now.the only time i might consider low settings are during the cut scenes,which could run better yes. thanx for your help.if i had some orens, i'd give you some.[mod]use the MODIFY button[/mod]

Top Bottom