Problems with modkitchen and building xml mods

+
So i'm very much a beginner, followed all tutorial steps on setting up wcc_lite ver. 1.3, modkitchen ver 1.0.1, and the rest of the modding tools

My problem is that i tried to edit this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3187

1. What i did was first i tried the mod as is, and it worked fine, with added stats.

2. Then i uncooked that mod with mod kitchen thinking i could change the stats to my liking

3. Changing the Iris sword stats in both "item" folder and "item_plus" to this:

<ability name="PC Olgierd Sabre _Stats">
<SlashingDamage min="603" max="603"/>
<SilverDamage min="1"/>
<critical_hit_chance type="add" min="0.30" />
<critical_hit_damage_bonus type="add" min="0.65" />
<PhysicalDamage type="base" min="250" />
<armor_reduction type="add" min="200" max="250" />
<desc_bleedingchance_mult type="add" min="0.24" />
<BleedingEffect is_ability="true" />
<buff_apply_chance type="add" min="0.24" />
<desc_burningchance_mult type="add" min="0.03" />
<BurningEffect is_ability="true" />
<buff_apply_chance type="add" min="0.03" />
<desc_staggerchance_mult type="add" min="0.03" />
<StaggerEffect is_ability="true" />
<desc_freezingchance_mult type="add" min="0.03" />
<SlowdownFrostEffect is_ability="true" />
<desc_confusionchance_mult type="add" min="0.03" />
<ConfusionEffect is_ability="true" />
<spell_power_igni type="mult" min="0.15" max="0.3" />
<spell_power_aard type="mult" min="0.15" max="0.3" />
<spell_power_quen type="mult" min="0.15" max="0.3" />
<spell_power_yrden type="mult" min="0.15" max="0.3" />
<spell_power_axii type="mult" min="0.15" max="0.3" />
<dismember_chance_mult type="add" min="0.10" max="0.12" />
<indestructible type="add" min="0.20" />
<lifesteal type="add" min="0.3" />
<human_exp_bonus_when_fatal type="add" min="0.10" />
<quality type="add" min="4" max="4"/>
<weight type="base" min="8" />
</ability>

4. Then i built the mod using modkitchen, and tried playing, but in game the sword didn't have any effects.

5. then i tried to just uncook the mod and build it without changing ANYTHING, sword still didnt have any effect in game, even though i didnt change anything.
I also got rid of spell_power_yrden and spell_power_axii thinking maybe it's the wrong spelling, but still no effect.

6. so my theory is that in the process of uncooking and building, something went wrong, maybe i dont have the latest versions of the mod tools or mod kitchen, but i check that they were the latest. Or some other problem

7. I tried these steps with many other mods that change Iris and Aerondight, but all came up no effect if i were to build it myself.

8. Next i thought it was because of folder structure, since https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/3187 had this file structure: dlc\bob\data\gameplay\items
while another mod i tried https://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/2669?tab=description had this structure: dlc\ep1\data\gameplay\items

9. But this had no effect, since both and many other mods i tried to build with modkitchen all doesnt work

So now im kind of stuck, followed instructions but all the mods that i built myself doesnt work, thinking that this was a simple changing a few lines, but apparently not.

So if someone can point me in the right direction or see what i did wrong, i would appreciate it very much, thanks in advance!

Top Bottom