PS5 - Crash issue.

+
Hello guys and CDProjectRed, i play on ps5 and found this bug and i think this bug make alot of problems because cars dont follow their route on road they just going foward and to close on edge of road and they collision and cars are very damaged, i record it and put on youtube

Guest 4421288

Yup even on PS5

Done 100% male street kid run.

Half way on female Corpo but story only to try new decisions

Then will refund via Sony.

Lets see how is next year's PS5 version or DLC but will keep save files for NG+ if I rebuy.

They'll never fix it
Post automatically merged:

Unfortunately game keeps crashing on PS5 with patch 1.05

Yup just feels like better to slog through the story and 100%, choose different gender and choices for 2nd run then uninstall/refund. But at least they fixed the game settings being reset and thank god PS5 SSD can get you back in the game fast.

If they sort it out next year then can rebuy to support them for PS5 edition and DLC.

There is lack of communication on what they're doing about the crashes on consoles. Set expectations even if it means being upfront that it will take 2-3 months because every hotfix people are hoping it is resolved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup even on PS5

Done 100% male street kid run.

Half way on female Corpo but story only to try new decisions

Then will refund via Sony.

Lets see how is next year's PS5 version or DLC but will keep save files for NG+ if I rebuy.

Yup just feels like better to slog through the story and 100%, choose different gender and choices for 2nd run then uninstall/refund. But at least they fixed the game settings being reset and thank god PS5 SSD can get you back in the game fast.

If they sort it out next year then can rebuy to support them for PS5 edition and DLC.

There is lack of communication on what they're doing about the crashes on consoles. Set expectations even if it means being upfront that it will take 2-3 months because every hotfix people are hoping it is resolved.

Meanwhile I've got a warning feeling if framerate drops and I even NOW it'll crash the next 5 seconds :)

At least I do may break every hour or so walking aroung while reloading hahaha :)

Guest 4421288

Meanwhile I've got a warning feeling if framerate drops and I even NOW it'll crash the next 5 seconds :)

At least I do may break every hour or so walking aroung while reloading hahaha :)

I used to do manual quick save alot myself as auto save checkpoints were not regular enough to save me redoing tasks in a crash. "Option" -> "Triangle" -> "Circle". I stopped doing that as tiring and just got used to reloading saves but watching Youtube videos whilst loading.

One of my friends was really upset. He loved the game and even got collectors edition £250 GBP. He was even trying to get the OnePlus Cyberpunk edition smartphone sent from China.

Still happening every couple of hours after new patch."Fixes" still haven't corrected the issue.

Also couldn't back out of the settings menu after changing my settings.

Having situations where buttons just don't work. At all.
Same here... Alot of small new issues have occurred after the new "fixed" in patch 1.05. Im getting really tierd of this.

Just wanted to say to all the people having the crash issue, the only thing you have to do is reinstall the game and it will work correctly. I had the same issue after the release and after the 1.04 patch. I've completely removed the game and reinstalled it. Watch ouf, for PS5 stand by mode, sleep etc... and ceck if the game and update was installed without interruption. After all of this I have the best experience with the game (except some bugs, but whatever...).
GL&HF!
Foreal? I tried that with p.1.04 with no sucess.. Do you mean new savefiles etc ?

ARGHH not what I wanted to hear :<

OK as @eRcomic said. I'm going to do a complete reinstall, which is going to take like over an hr to download again :S

Would be seriously annoyed to re-download over 100GB for nothing.

Yea I never use rest mode etc and always turn off console, just charge controller from my smartphone charger.

Already done 100% as street kid level 48. If I can finish Corpo 2nd playthrough as different gender and choices then will be happy and consider money well spent then uninstall.

Still unstable as crashing frequent as before with reinstall.

Already done 100% as street kid level 48. I was going to do 2nd run as corpo, but I'll give it up until PS5 dedicated edition comes out to bring out the best.

I will feel demotivated to keep trying to play every hotfix/patch release

Awesome game but let down by crashes per 1-2hr. Just glad I 100% and took in the great story to appreciate it. What a journey.

Thanks everyone for suggestions on troubleshooting.
Did you try to reinstall the game completely? Did this work or was it a troll.. really would like to play this witout the crash but aint so keen on removing my save files..

Last edited:

Guest 4421288

Did you try to reinstall the game completely? Did this work or was it a troll.. really would like to play this witout the crash but aint so keen on removing my save files..

Does not work. Don't waste your time.

Trust me I've done everything possible. Reinstalled 3 times different ways in 4. below.

1. Rebuild database
2. Power cycle per game session, actually unplug and replug power then turn on.
3. Tried on external USB SSD as well in case internal NVMe SSD is not liking it
4. Fresh download of the game on internal and external drive over 100GB each time. Even another USB SSD. That's 3 reinstalls! Thank god I have 200Mbps internet
5. In case game has memory leak I would restart the game myself every hr
6. I never used rest mode anyway as I just turn off and charge controller using my smartphone charger. So can't be that.
7. I own a PS4 Pro. Yup I even connected USB HDD from PS5 on it as a test too. Not even going to bother testing on my 1st Gen PS4. Had enough of troubleshooting at this point.

There is no excuse. Every other game I have on it plays without problems. Why am I going through so much trouble over this one game. CDP could of just had 1 person play the story on a PS5 or ANY PS console for at least 8hrs then would of realised something is wrong.

If this was a Ubisoft/EA/Bethesda game then everyone would be more critical. But since it is CDP, seems everyone is more forgiving for a game you can't play for more than 2-3hrs at a time without crashing.

Hey folks sucks to be third page when I say this but please copy paste to spread the word.

I have played since release and had crashes like you all every hour if Im lucky. Let me explain why and the potential cures. The game wasnt optimized for ps4 and partially for the ps5. Because of this its a really heavy resource game. Our consoles have a buffer which preloads the environment around our characters. This works very well for games like God of War, Witcher 3 etc. Because its a mini environment. On Cyberpunk if you accidentally glitch a wall you can see cars everywhere. Which ties into Cyberpunks saying each character lives thier lives in the game.

Thats too much for the Ps5 and way too much for the Ps4. So when your driving super fast, skipping conversations the video/prosessors buffer fills the console grabs its chest, falls over and freezes or blue screens.

To fix this Project red has to either shrink the environment loaded which will create load points, ps2 days with a load screen every time you turn a corner allowing the system to not fully fill thereby making it easier to run. Bit of an exaggeration but you get my point.

Or disable alot of the environment which drops alot of what the game has to load.

Or transfer the code to a new file and reoptimize the game for Sony piece by piece. Which sounds like what they are doing. Doing it this way is a finger cross that the cure is better than the fix. It also means this will take a ton of time and numerous attempts to fix. 6 major updates? 10? 30? Who knows. But they will be huge gig updates as they are replacing code segments.

There are other ways to try to fix these but these are most obvious. So it sucks as it leaves us with 1. Get used to crashes till they fix. 2. Turn the game off till its fixed. 3. Refund the game. With Sony pulling the game there might be the chance it wont re list for the Ps4. Which means 2 might not work and 3 means you get no game ever till you buy a ps5, which sucks for those with a limited budget.

Ive worked on Video Games for 13 years as a LCM but mainly on PC and android stuff. So maybe some is off but most should be good over all. I retired 5 years ago so been out of the War for a bit, hopefully this brings a bit of understanding and patience. Sorry for the novella.
Dmn..
Does not work. Don't waste your time.

Trust me I've done everything possible. Reinstalled 3 times different ways in 4. below.

1. Rebuild database
2. Power cycle per game session, actually unplug and replug power then turn on.
3. Tried on external USB SSD as well in case internal NVMe SSD is not liking it
4. Fresh download of the game on internal and external drive over 100GB each time. Even another USB SSD. That's 3 reinstalls! Thank god I have 200Mbps internet
5. In case game has memory leak I would restart the game myself every hr
6. I never used rest mode anyway as I just turn off and charge controller using my smartphone charger. So can't be that.
7. I own a PS4 Pro. Yup I even connected USB HDD from PS5 on it as a test too. Not even going to bother testing on my 1st Gen PS4. Had enough of troubleshooting at this point.

There is no excuse. Every other game I have on it plays without problems. Why am I going through so much trouble over this one game. CDP could of just had 1 person play the story on a PS5 or ANY PS console for at least 8hrs then would of realised something is wrong.

If this was a Ubisoft/EA/Bethesda game then everyone would be more critical. But since it is CDP, seems everyone is more forgiving for a game you can't play for more than 2-3hrs at a time without crashing.
You are the MVP! tnx for saving me the time!
Totally agree with you, this acceptance of releasing an obviously flawed game is unprecedented in gaming.. I've been gaming for over 25 years and must admit I cant remember a launch being this awful and people still defend the developers.. Not to mention that they did not properly test the game on ps5, just makes us appare to be beta-testers that payed 50 bucks for the shitty expericence. They should at least be more tranceparent with how they are going to fix this problem, becouse all i read is how they say generall solutions to alot of problems, not specifying what i feel is the most urgent issues game breaking bugs and crashes. Like you said if this was ubisoft, ms, rockstar or god forbid a ps5 studio releasing a game this flawed there would be a huge colective meltdown..

I never had the experience of playing TW3 when released in 2015, bth i can't imagine it being this bad? Hope they push out some infor or a patch before they go on holidays.. but i dont expect it being how bad they are at handling this problem... Havent even found CDPR moderators adressing these problems on the forum lol...

Guest 4421288

Dmn..

You are the MVP! tnx for saving me the time!
Totally agree with you, this acceptance of releasing an obviously flawed game is unprecedented in gaming.. I've been gaming for over 25 years and must admit I cant remember a launch being this awful and people still defend the developers.. Not to mention that they did not properly test the game on ps5, just makes us appare to be beta-testers that payed 50 bucks for the shitty expericence. They should at least be more tranceparent with how they are going to fix this problem, becouse all i read is how they say generall solutions to alot of problems, not specifying what i feel is the most urgent issues game breaking bugs and crashes. Like you said if this was ubisoft, ms, rockstar or god forbid a ps5 studio releasing a game this flawed there would be a huge colective meltdown..

I never had the experience of playing TW3 when released in 2015, bth i can't imagine it being this bad? Hope they push out some infor or a patch before they go on holidays.. but i dont expect it being how bad they are at handling this problem... Havent even found CDPR moderators adressing these problems on the forum lol...

Well just finished my 2nd playthrough but focusing on story/side mission with no side activities with different gender/choices.

I really don't see myself playing 3rd time especially when different life path is only unique for first hr. I'll youtube other endings. I feel sorry for those I saw in forum with over 60 hr save files and broken main story mission - Game breaker.

As you said in another forum post....Just take up the refund and keep the end game save file to PS cloud once you've finished it. Should there be a good DLC in future can rebuy second hand physical again. Fixing the crashes will be easy for them, but will be interested if they refill all the intended content.

This reminded me of Bioware I said their reputation was so good that Mass Effect Andromeda was worth preorder without any reviews released from gaming youtubers. I made same mistake again just because I wanted to play day one and thought to myself hey there won't be issues on a PS5 right.

It was kind that they now offer refunds without conditions on digital/retail at least. They're just lucky that due to strong fan loyalty most will not refund as I have looked at other website forum polls.

Hi there,

I have crashes consistantly ever 1 - 1,5 hours of gameplay. This did not get any better after the 1.04 patch. Anybody else experiencing this ?

Is this going to be adressed ?
I like the game all and all but the crashes are just ruining it for me...

Anybody experiencing the same on the Playstation 5 ?
The crashes are always consistant, can't avoid them at this time.

It looks like they are caused when the game transitions zones usually while autosaving. This has also caused save game corruption.

The workaround is save often and in multiple spots.

Last couple of days the crashes havent been so bad for me, today i played for many hours only to endure 2 crashes, same as yesterday. Now i know patch 1.05 hasnt fixed the issue and yes im still predominantly using fast travel as a work around but i have been using vehicles more than normal but my experience of the game seems to be much better.

Another problem I've been having lately is Johnnys gun Malorian arms 3516 when aiming down the sights it won't shoot the only way to shoot is holding down the L2 button got to save and load the file again to fix

Guest 4421288

Leaving people over Xmas with broken game and no more communication.

Bad news is still news even just to set expectation it will be late Jan etc on crashes. The bugs and glitches could not have been higher priority than the actual crashes itself.

If it crashes like mad on my PS5 and all my friends' PS5s then I cannot imagine the experience for PS4 Pro/PS4 users.

Now CDP are going into Mobile game "Monster Slayer", which will probably have pay to win/microtransaction elements. Especially popular for Chinese market. Mobile games are easier to develop and make way more money in this manner. Less effort, more returns.

Even future multiplayer for Cyberpunk will have microtransactions. Below. They want to join in on the infamous online success of Apex Legends, Warzone etc

That is the direction it seems.

Leaving people over Xmas with broken game and no more communication.

Bad news is still news even just to set expectation it will be late Jan etc on crashes. The bugs and glitches could not have been higher priority than the actual crashes itself.

If it crashes like mad on my PS5 and all my friends' PS5s then I cannot imagine the experience for PS4 Pro/PS4 users.

Now CDP are going into Mobile game "Monster Slayer", which will probably have pay to win/microtransaction elements. Especially popular for Chinese market. Mobile games are easier to develop and make way more money in this manner. Less effort, more returns.

Even future multiplayer for Cyberpunk will have microtransactions. Below. They want to join in on the infamous online success of Apex Legends, Warzone etc

That is the direction it seems.

Yeah.. Still no news on what in my eyes is the biggest issue, it is almost downplayed how big this problem is on the ps4/5. Like you said it deserves the developer at least adressing the problem instead of being inbedded in a heap of other bugs etc.. I am dissapointed in how CDPR handled this problem and the solutions the made with the hotpatches just made new problems occure... Ive lost respect for this studio. TW3 is a really good game, ambitious even. They should have stuck to doing that sort of game becouse they are obviously not capable of making a sifi-open world. I tried to have faith with the studio but being 13 days with no fix on many of the worst issues and no real tranceparency with dates and how they will adress stuff, Im done with CDPR..

Since the new patch did not help, is it worth waiting for a new patch this year? For example 1.05.1? Does it make sense not to refund?

Well I'm guessing, if there is going to be one more patch this year, it will be small and if it isn't by tomorrow on Christmas Eve, than I don't expect anything until early Jan since they need to go home, take a well deserved holiday vacation, and be with their families just like most of us will end up doing.

Me personally, I'm not refunding at all, that's your call, I love the genre and I've really enjoyed the game on PS5, I'm just waiting for more large updates before I continue playing it, and definitely can't wait for the PS5 version (I was hoping that could be Summer 2021, but the way launch went, most likely farther out).

Another problem I've been having lately is Johnnys gun Malorian arms 3516 when aiming down the sights it won't shoot the only way to shoot is holding down the L2 button got to save and load the file again to fix

This has happened to me also, i dont have johnnys gun but its happening to the gun in my number one slot. It has only happened to me twice but its annoying as hell, can still hipfire tho.

Top Bottom