Quest "I Don't Wanna Hear It" with Kerry Failed and Cannot Restart

+
This had happened to me a while ago but I decided to leave it after it failed and do the other things in Night City as I thought I could always come back and do it later. Now I know that I have made a bad decision as I am unable to trigger the quest I Don't Wanna Hear It with Kerry.

I was able to start this quest after spoken to Kerry, however, during the quest I left that area as I wanted to visit a Ripperdoc to get the double jump legs cyberware installed so that I could climb the fire escape in order to get into the concert venue (I did not know there are other ways to get in until later I found more details about this quest).

As soons as I fast traveled to a different area, the quest I Don't Wanna Hear It failed immediately and V received 2 messages from Kerry as he pissed off that I just left him there. I should've reloaded the game to an earlier check point and restart the quest, as now I am at the end game and it is impossible for me to roll back to an earlier save.

I have attempted the following to see if I could trigger the quest but no luck:
- Waited for a few days in game
- Spam called Kerry during day time and night time in game
- Paid a visit at Kerry's house and talked to him
- Called Kerry at 7 PM in game while V is in front the food stand where Kerry should be there
- Got into the concert venue and called Kerry again (still around 7 PM in game)

Is there anything else I could do to trigger the quest ? I am digging it hard as I am trying to get 70% friendship with Keanu for the secret ending but as I have already completed 99% of the quests (Side jobs / Gigs / NCPD Scanner Hustles etc.) there is no other quest I could do to gain more friendship...

Attachments

• MSG.PNG
    MSG.PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 144
Solution

CS554

Senior user
I am trying to get 70% friendship with Keanu for the secret ending but as I have already completed 99% of the quests (Side jobs / Gigs / NCPD Scanner Hustles etc.) there is no other quest I could do to gain more friendship...
Way to trigger secret ending requirements have changed. You need to select very specific dialogue options in conversation with Johnny at oil fields and later in game wait on the rooftop certain amount of time for option to open. There are lot of guides that aren't up to date, but I found that this guide was accurate. It's those steps I took in my latest playthrough with...
Upvote 1
Solution
I am trying to get 70% friendship with Keanu for the secret ending but as I have already completed 99% of the quests (Side jobs / Gigs / NCPD Scanner Hustles etc.) there is no other quest I could do to gain more friendship...
Way to trigger secret ending requirements have changed. You need to select very specific dialogue options in conversation with Johnny at oil fields and later in game wait on the rooftop certain amount of time for option to open. There are lot of guides that aren't up to date, but I found that this guide was accurate. It's those steps I took in my latest playthrough with 1.30 and it worked for me.

Going through those dialogue options should bump relationship with Johnny to 70% but 70% relationship alone won't unlock secret ending. If you don't have a save before oil fields scene, I'm afraid you are locked out from that.

Upvote 1
If you don't have a save before oil fields scene, I'm afraid you are locked out from that.
Yep, without a previous save, unfortunately, it's dead... (without cheating/mods/commands).
You left Kerry during his quest, it's quite previsible that he won't enjoy it :(
(It's the same for all the side characters, if you let them "alone" during their quest, it's dead...)
Post automatically merged:

And a little detail, Kerry's quest are not related to Johnny's percentage and the "secret" ending (don't fear the reaper).
So at this point, if you can't unlock the secret ending, even with completing Kerry's quest, the "secret ending" will stay "locked".

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Way to trigger secret ending requirements have changed. You need to select very specific dialogue options in conversation with Johnny at oil fields and later in game wait on the rooftop certain amount of time for option to open. There are lot of guides that aren't up to date, but I found that this guide was accurate. It's those steps I took in my latest playthrough with 1.30 and it worked for me.

Going through those dialogue options should bump relationship with Johnny to 70% but 70% relationship alone won't unlock secret ending. If you don't have a save before oil fields scene, I'm afraid you are locked out from that.
Yep, without a previous save, unfortunately, it's dead... (without cheating/mods/commands).
You left Kerry during his quest, it's quite previsible that he won't enjoy it :(
(It's the same for all the side characters, if you let them "alone" during their quest, it's dead...)
Post automatically merged:

And a little detail, Kerry's quest are not related to Johnny's percentage and the "secret" ending (don't fear the reaper).
So at this point, if you can't unlock the secret ending, even with completing Kerry's quest, the "secret ending" will stay "locked".

Thanks CS554 and LeKill3rFou for the advise. I have a read of the guide and it looks like I have picked a different dialogue during the conversation with Johnny, rather than the one suggested in the guide... I guess I am locked out of the secret ending...:(

Been enjoying the game so much, looking for their next update and see what we will get, thanks again everyone :)

Top Bottom