Quickhacks not available during some fights

+

nc_01

Forum regular
I noticed that during some specific fights quickhacking is not available.
It happened e.g. when the NCPD attacked me during "Fortunate Son", and I think when dealing with the Delamain taxi in Pacifica.
I could use the scanner to see information about enemies but the quickhacking menu did not show up.
I wonder whether it is like that on purpose or not. Generally I'm not complaining - it is OK that during a surprise attack I am forced to deal with the enemies in a specific way, and I had fun doing so. I'm just not sure if that is part of the game by design, a bug, or there is some logic and mechanics that I did not notice.
Does anyone have some explanation?

Yep Cops can't be Quick-Hacked (could said that ?) :D
Either they don't have cyberware, or they have too strong protection (black ICE), or it's just impossible (intentional).
In short, it's not a bug (unless I'm wrong and it's been a bug since day one).

You can test with Cops at the bottom of V's apartment, you can scan them, but not quick hack them.

I noticed that during some specific fights quickhacking is not available.
It happened e.g. when the NCPD attacked me during "Fortunate Son", and I think when dealing with the Delamain taxi in Pacifica.
I could use the scanner to see information about enemies but the quickhacking menu did not show up.
I wonder whether it is like that on purpose or not. Generally I'm not complaining - it is OK that during a surprise attack I am forced to deal with the enemies in a specific way, and I had fun doing so. I'm just not sure if that is part of the game by design, a bug, or there is some logic and mechanics that I did not notice.
Does anyone have some explanation?
Cops are immune to quick-hack attacks, although am of an opinion that at least the
Legendary WEAPON GLITCH quick-hack
should be able to disable their weapons. As for the other fights, guessing, "Because the plot demands it.", as it's sometimes pretty obvious.

Top Bottom