REDFlame Interactive announces Deception

+
REDFlame Interactive announces Deception

We are happy to announce that creators of the upcoming "Strands of Destiny" adventure, REDFlame Interactive, are close to the release of "Deception", their first mod created for The Witcher using the D'jinni adventure editor, action of which take place in the town of Carreas. Apart from a competely new town, mod will introduce a new story, new artwork and even new weapons (throwing knives)! For more information please visit REDFlame Interactive site. Moreover please don't forget about our D'jinni's contest!

wooow the first piece is coming? :eek:Does Deception also include the new game features like punishment for theft? (poor Geralt ;D Will Roach accompany Geralt? Poor Roach, I hope Geralt doesn't overburden it ;D Geralt climbing and swimming? I hope Geralt won't go down with all his weapons.

Is Red Flame Interactive a part of CD Projekt Red, or are they a totally separate entity?I notice that the news on the Red Flame website says, "Modular - All elements of Deception will be in their source formats. This will allow the community to dissect the module and use many aspects for their own future adventures." If they're separate from CDPR, that's really very generous of them!I love fan communities; one sees generosity and altruism so often there that it helps to restore that faith in human nature that reading the front page of the newspaper destroys.

Ausir said:
Red Flame is a mod team, not part of CD Projekt.
I thought they were probably separate, but they sound so professional, and the names of both groups include "Red," so I thought I'd ask to make sure.

PetraSilie said:
wooow the first piece is coming? :eek:Does Deception also include the new game features like punishment for theft? (poor Geralt ;D Will Roach accompany Geralt? Poor Roach, I hope Geralt doesn't overburden it ;D Geralt climbing and swimming? I hope Geralt won't go down with all his weapons.
"Deception" is a separate and stand alone mod, which is not connected with "Strands of Destiny" plot-wise. Thus most of the new features will only appear in SoD.

KsandrWarfire said:
Deception will have one really new feature - trowing knives!
Excelent, now the hit and run tactic will realy work!Would be interesting to know if Geralt can use this ability everytime or only in specific situations?

PrawdziwyGerald said:
PrawdziwyGerald said:
"Deception" is a separate and stand alone mod, which is not connected with "Strands of Destiny" plot-wise. Thus most of the new features will only appear in SoD.
thx... then I have to be careful with spreading these features and pay attention to SoD resp Deception ;D

Throwing knives come in bundles of 10 and take up a potion slot. They are then used by one of your hotkeys. So they can be used whenever you like, but you only get so many in Deception.The system may be completely changed in SoD. This is an early working feature in Deception. :)

KsandrWarfire said:
Deception will have one really new feature - throwing knives!
Wow! Cool! In the scene in the lab, we see Geralt throw his sword at the Professor, and he does an excellent job of it, for all that a sword isn't made for throwing. He should be hell on wheels with throwing knives!(For non-native speakers of English, "hell on wheels," in this context, means "dangerously competent."

How do we gain access to deception, as in actually playing the mod, is it in the djinni editor or are we still waiting for a link to the mod, or how do we gain access to it? sorry i'm new ]:->

Deception will launch as a standalone module for The Witcher on June 13th. We will be hosting the module from a few areas to download, and will link to them on launch day. :)And welcome to The Witcher forums. :)

Top Bottom