Regis Initiative interaction

+
Sorry if this has been explained, but has how Initiative functions been changed?

Maybe it's my mistake but Gerald: igni can be tutored from your deck with cards like Royal Decree and the Initiative requirement is still met.

However when I use Oneiromancy to play Regis the initiative condition is not met.

Is this as designed?

I assumed Initiative WAS TO stop you from adjusting the heights of units to get value without giving your opponent a chance to respond, NOT TO stop you from tutoring the cards?

If this is the case, and the interaction is correct this is an extremely hard nerf to Regis (13 provisions), that feels unwarranted.

It cannot. Tutoring will always kill Initiative.
Okay, thank you.

Seems like an extremely hard nerf on Regis which does actually require careful set-up, where as Wild Boar Of The Sea doesn't require such a condition. Wild Boar also has the added benefit of being replayed from your grave yard. I have both cards btw.

I can understand new players being frustrated when Regis does a near row wipe, but it's such an obvious telegraph, unless you are strategically planning rounds in advance to mask it, and even then it isn't the hardest thing to counter.

This is a very strange decision. In what way was Regis a problem?
Regis is a card you have to build around, not one that always gives value like Gerald: Igni.

This is a very strange decision. In what way was Regis a problem?
Regis is a card you have to build around, not one that always gives value like Gerald: Igni.
Yeah, I feel like wild boar should have gotten the initiative treatment instead of Regis. That way you get full effect the first time, but only partial the second time around.

Eh, overall I find Regis to be pretty bad now. At absolute best, bar some Syanna+Letho combos, you're getting a 17 point value from the card and that's at absolute best, which is unlikely.

He definitely needs a major provision cost decrease now. It feels like a 10 or 11 provision card.

Top Bottom