Remove armor / Remove (ignoring armor) labels

+
Remove armor / Remove (ignoring armor) labels

Let's say I have a unit with 6 power and 2 armor. What should I be afraid of? Alzur's Thunder? No. Triss? No. Phillipa? No. Draug? No. Scorch and Epidemic are blocked. So armor is indeed a good thing and it keeps my unit safe. . .
. . . until some cheeky NR ballista with 2 crewman gonna easily pierce through armor and kill your precious unit. Isn't it wrong? What's the point of armor if someone can ignore it? Why would you even implement such a thing? Why not give a raw power that will actually be useful and will help my unit survive?

It's should be either nothing ignores armor or just bring back power instead of armor.

P.S. I main Skellige Axemen btw :huh:

It's not a "someone" that's ignoring the armour, though. It's machines. Machines that fling big rocks, or shoot man-sized arrows. Armour doesn't do much against those sorts of things, and I'd argue that the comparatively low Power of most machines balances out their ability to bypass armour.

NatoGreavesy;n8971060 said:
It's not a "someone" that's ignoring the armour, though. It's machines. Machines that fling big rocks, or shoot man-sized arrows. Armour doesn't do much against those sorts of things, and I'd argue that the comparatively low Power of most machines balances out their ability to bypass armour.

Your logic can't be used here. What about RnR then? It's basically giant meteorites and yet they somehow don't ignore armor or what about Drought? Alzur's Thunder?

Not just machines.... Coral and Mergold Hailstorm ignores armor too. The system really seems a bit inconsistent atm.

Still I think the armor concept is important especially because of crap like Axeman.

Big metal plate armour and chain mail blocks does what to protect against lightning?

This is like the Quen shields not blocking scorch and epidemic effects, which in all honesty they should (and lose the +2 stats), if Quen actually blocked any one source of damage it would really help alleviate this triple scorch threat spell'tael bullshit and make Gigni and Borkh less of a power house. If Quen functioned like that it would weaken direct control cards which are proven to be extremely strong whilst indirectly buffing weather slightly which would knock on to armor itself. Pretty much agree entirely that armour should block any damage regardless of the source.

Top Bottom