Very hard is very satisfying... but 2nd time I get stuck (Killing Moon)

+
1698481621135.png

This ambush is just a bit too much. I have so much Armor + Health, I even got the resurrection from getting shot, and I just keep resetting this exact conflict no matter how many times I try to play it safe, and throwing grenades pre-emptively when the flash comes. I just get surrounded and shot out by snipers.

I just feel the AI is a bit too conscious in this fight as I'm literally left defenceless against enemies who take multiple shots from best sniper rifle in game, take a TON of shotgun blasts on face from my autoshotgun + burn damage, and it's a bit messy.

I can understand lower difficulties this fight scene is impressive but it's a bit overwhelming. I think one of the problems is that snipers keep aiming at you 24/7 despite them actually having a sight on you, meaning that if you just step out from cover, and you don't time those enemy sniper shots, you can easily get KO'd.

This reminds me of the fight with the Crimera as your ally where you just get surrounded from all sides, with relatively weak character compared to how much enemies can take. In both fights the enemy accuracy is so high, and the shotgun blasts, even from relatively far away, you get killed so easily.

I think enemy shotgun damage should be spread a bit more so you're not taking the whole blast from like 20-30 meters away. Also I'm pretty sure those snipers do more damage than I do.

Another thing is that invisibility doesn't do anything in this fight, even for a brief 3 second opener would be enough to take out some guys but they just keep having focus on me. Am I pinged or something?

-

I mean I was able to win after 20-25 tries, but DAMN this was so difficult, having to use all tricks, and getting lucky when enemy just appear behind with no warning. Maybe using Ping hack could've made this fight easier...

-

Second phase there's a lot of units coming toward you and it's really difficult fight to defend. I just feel Songbird should maybe ping enemies instead of me wasting precious RAM on the moment of battle. Tiny bit too aggressive, especially when doors are closed and I'm not able to get out yet.

Also I don't know how or why but my health max went to like 200 hp, and then I get 1 shot by snipers. I have 16 points in Strength, and +35 extra hp, probably the Black Lace v2 which cuts health in half. Can't really undo that now that I'm fighting the enemies. I should gain more armor in exchange, but the health loss is clearly far more potent than armor gained.

I think the biggest issue is that netrunnign is very costly against these enemies. It takes me full RAM cost + health to put Cyberpsychosis on enemy, and all the other quick hacks don't do much of anything. Suicide is basically just 1 out while Cyberpsychosis can take out 2, if they attack ally. Using things like Overheat is just way too expensive to the cost, along with many others.

Last edited:
I had to unload 2 clips of autoshotgun to take out 1 enemy. These dudes are so freakin tanky.... aaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Managed to get pretty far by putting Cyberpsycho on the machinegun guy in middle, he was absorbing quite a bit of enemy aggro.

Wish I could disable this Black Lace since it really cutting my healing down.

Last edited:
It was a close fight when i did it first on my netrunner - my biomonitor was going crazy (probably borrowed time perk proccing alot) and second heart also proccing. But the overclock synapse thing with smart maschine guns is pretty op (machine guns upload the quickhacks ultra fast), so i did manage first or second try (very hard).
But my second netrunner run is with a monowire melee build. And i got shredded by gunfire even with heavily using weapon glitch, so i changed to reboot optics and its a whole different world now. Atm (not having this specifically hard quest though) i can go melee in 5-10 big crowds all shooting at me and as long as they have reboot optics running i can survive easily.

Critical strikes and fast movement all around ... it clearly was the most tough combat situation I experienced in this game. First time I ended with lowering difficulty, but on my 2nd try some time later (when decided which end I really do not want for my V :) ) was going on highest difficulty much easier. Could be partly also better choice of cyberware and more experience with it. But fast movement and dodging definitelly played huge role. My V is very skilld with throwing weapons and katanas, but still like playing with cyberdecks ... which have limiations when engaged with more tough enemies at once.

purple Contagion + blue Overheat (or any source of burning) is the best combo!
plus you need to spam tier 5 Synapse Burnout on weaker or low health enemies to prolong Overclock!
IMHO you're a bit under-leveled and unprepared for this encounter!
In my first PL play-through I was using Katana-Berzerk melee build and it was OP! The only reason I had to replay this part second time, is So Mi get bugged and refuse to move after I kill and loot everyone, so had to reload and do it again.

That fight is one of the reasons I love the combat AI changes for the expansion. Constantly moving, it was intense. It was one of the most fun combat sequences I've had in years, and I wish this game had more of it.

Just did it with my Monowire Lady and it was easier than thought . second heart didnt procc this time. But in my second run my Cyberware is minmaxed alot better. I just stay at the tower and let all assault guys come to me and the others get reboot optics so they dont hit me so often. And then kill the guys on the lower floor. They should really have more netrunners in the big fights - love it when i get in panic when someone tries to hack me.

Just did it with my Monowire Lady and it was easier than thought . second heart didnt procc this time. But in my second run my Cyberware is minmaxed alot better. I just stay at the tower and let all assault guys come to me and the others get reboot optics so they dont hit me so often. And then kill the guys on the lower floor. They should really have more netrunners in the big fights - love it when i get in panic when someone tries to hack me.

I love throwing cyberpsychosis onto the hacking netrunner and laughing at the complete chaos when one half of the room turns on the other half. Having more netrunners would actually make the fight easier.

Top Bottom