Renew Card Bad Information..

+
Renew Card Bad Information..

i bought renew ( 800 scraps) And i'm playing Monsters..
1 - i suppose renew resurrect gold card me and opposing graveyard.. !!
* Because i think this card information is wrong. "Resurrect a Gold Non-Permadeath Unit " ( Which ? )
2 - Why carertaker Permadeath ? i can't use it with renew..

This card useless this type..

Renew is working as intended and the description is correct. The card states that it cannot resurrect permadeath units and Caretaker is permadeath. Renew is far from useless.

4RM3D;n8362180 said:
Renew is working as intended and the description is correct. The card states that it cannot resurrect permadeath units and Caretaker is permadeath. Renew is far from useless.

But if caretaker is permadeath some other above average gold cards should be permadeath too: Saskia, Eilhart, Eggebracht, Schirru, Yennefer:Con, Coral, Kayran, Vilgefortz...

soph912;n8365170 said:
But if caretaker is permadeath some other above average gold cards should be permadeath too: Saskia, Eilhart, Eggebracht, Schirru, Yennefer:Con, Coral, Kayran, Vilgefortz...

No, caretaker is permadeath because he? /it? Is a medic. And all medics are permadeath irrespective of faction or quality.

Lim3zer0;n8365320 said:
No, caretaker is permadeath because he? /it? Is a medic. And all medics are permadeath irrespective of faction or quality.

Maybe but Borkh is not a medic and is permadeath too...

soph912;n8365500 said:
Maybe but Borkh is not a medic and is permadeath too...
"There are cards marked as permadeath" and "all medics are permadeath cards" does not result in "all permadeath cards are medics".

Ok... Could you Please add to description "Resurrect a Gold Non-Permadeath Unit (in your graveyard) " words.

GrizzledLone;n8365520 said:
"There are cards marked as permadeath" and "all medics are permadeath cards" does not result in "all permadeath cards are medics".

I didn't make this conclusion at all. My suggestion was just to make more gold cards permadeath but not all.

kaanakyuz;n8365620 said:
Ok... Could you Please add to description "Resurrect a Gold Non-Permadeath Unit (in your graveyard) " words.

That would be pointless. Personally i would suggest to remove all "non-permadeath" mention from every resurrect card, this is what causes the confusion, because you see it on every medic and then when you encounter a card with proper description you think that is inaccurate.

Permadeath by definition means it can not be resurrected, this is the only reason this keyword exists, why do you feel the need to mention on resurrection cards that they can not target permadeath cards? aka cards that can not be resurrected

Iuliandrei;n8379280 said:
Permadeath by definition means it can not be resurrected, this is the only reason this keyword exists, why do you feel the need to mention on resurrection cards that they can not target permadeath cards? aka cards that can not be resurrected

because some cards can resurrect permadeath units (at least that was the way in previous patches)

Iuliandrei;n8379280 said:
Personally i would suggest to remove all "non-permadeath" mention from every resurrect card, this is what causes the confusion

how can there be confusion...? the card says it can't resurrect permadeath units, which means it can't resurrect permadeath units.
renew is one of the cards which has that limitation, there's no reason for someone to assume it would be able to resurrect a caretaker (permadeath unit)

kaanakyuz;n8365620 said:

all resurrect cards are from you graveyard, unless specified otherwise.

soph912;n8365170 said:

caretaker isn't permadeath for being "above average", he's permadeath for being a resurrect unit.

PS: if you think kayran is above average, i don't know what to tell you...

RickMelethron;n8381900 said:
caretaker isn't permadeath for being "above average", he's permadeath for being a resurrect unit.

PS: if you think kayran is above average, i don't know what to tell you...

Kayran is above average. It's used in 40.73% of gwentdb Monsters decks...

soph912;n8404780 said:
Kayran is above average. It's used in 40.73% of gwentdb Monsters decks...

gwentdb... the epitome of scientific research right there.

as for "it's used in 40% of decks", that couldn't be more meaningless... clear skies is used in 70% of all decks in gwentdb, does that mean it's vastly more powerful than any gold card in the game?

RickMelethron;n8406300 said:
gwentdb... the epitome of scientific research right there.

as for "it's used in 40% of decks", that couldn't be more meaningless... clear skies is used in 70% of all decks in gwentdb, does that mean it's vastly more powerful than any gold card in the game?

It's not meaningless but certainly a Gwent overall game statistic would be much more valuable. Unfortunately it's not available to us so we only have gwentdb.

Clear Skies is not comparable at all. It's a bronze card to counter weather which is also useful for deck thinning.

Top Bottom