Romance options and updates?

+

Would you like to see more romance options?

• Yes (Doesnt mean they stop developing other things obviously)

Votes: 121 86.4%
  • No (Romance is not important to me)

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • No "im good with them as they are"

Votes: 9 6.4%

• Total voters
Call me weird, but I was really hoping to be able to romance Viktor. I hope they make him an option in the future. Haven't finished the game yet, so I don't know if anything happens to him or not but having him as an option would be awesome! Make him bisexual please !!!!!!!!

Call me weird, but I was really hoping to be able to romance Viktor. I hope they make him an option in the future. Haven't finished the game yet, so I don't know if anything happens to him or not but having him as an option would be awesome! Make him bisexual please !!!!!!!!
I don't think Vic would be anything but straight. Even though I'd love to romance him. I personally want to see more of Mateo. The bartender at Lizzi's. I have a serious crush on that man. And he has to be either bi or gay!

I don't think they should change any of the existing character restrictions/sexualities, but adding more romances via DLC makes sense.

Of course, I want expanded romance content for those that are in the game. While I haven't finished the game yet, everyone seems to agree that there is no content after their sex scene, which is really disappointing.

they wont be removing any restrictions unfortunately. one of the devs said the romances will stay as they are. adding more? maybe.

I don't think Vic would be anything but straight. Even though I'd love to romance him. I personally want to see more of Mateo. The bartender at Lizzi's. I have a serious crush on that man. And he has to be either bi or gay!

Yeah you're probably right, but I can hope haha.

I'd like more options (hopefully being some who we already know and not just new characters being brought in.)
But what I'd love even more is having what we have fleshed out more and being able to do more with them, or even with any of the friendly mains we know.

DLCs can easily bring in more quests for each, TW3 had lots of new cool and also quite in-depth quests, surely they can do the same here for our side characters either way it would be nice if the community managers/devs made an official poll about this or something, as of right now there are a bazillion threads about this exact problem and we're not really moving forward.

Games rarely do this, but I would like the love interests to ask my character questions. It helps me build my own character back story and adds a natural "get to know you" element to romance.

Ask questions like:
  1. How V's last mission went
  2. How is V doing, physically, mentally?
  3. What does V think about the MegaCorps, Corpos, Night city, etc
  4. What V's upbringing was like?
This would help me roleplay, because while they are not pivotal, the answers to these questions add depth to my character and how she sees the world.

1. How V's last mission went
  2. How is V doing, physically, mentally?
  3. What V's upbringing was like?

Oddly enough you have all of these except you have them only 1 time each.
I assume this is already a section with spoilers but if you don't wanna be spoiled then don't read because idk how to use format.

You can speak with Takemura about his and your upbringing (VERY briefly) however it was so fun learning that takemura was basically V when he was a kid in Chiba-11 (which is in Japan).

Judy asks how you are and all after her last miss because you fall uncon, same with other characters I believe Rivers (?) and Panam both have these, Panam is perpetually worried about V even tho she's a bit bitchy about it.

Nobody really asks how your last miss went but you can call Judy before point of no return and she'd acknowledge it (but only her it seems as I tried to call every1 else) I think there are hints of people asking how it went with Hellman yada yada briefly.

As said, these are brief and used as filler usually, it would be nice to have a nice thorough talk while eating or something but nope.

Also like I said in another post god knows where, there's almost barely any info of outside world info, nomads being nomads know land from outside NC and the badlands, V himself had came back from Atlanta, same with Padre Ibarra (I think it was Atlanta atleast), then even Panam claims the wall wasn't up yet when she moved in the badlands of NC, implying she came from outside, Mitch and Scorpio are both Mexico war veterans, afaik NC was in a war with NUSA because america has 12 or 13 states now and California is its own independent state, then Japan, the plot revolves around Arasaka and the only hint of how things are elsewhere are from Takemura when he speaks about Chiba-11, mentions of EU, USSR here and there, not mucho.

Yes 100%. Please make all future romances bi to give people more options too (and make their romances meaningful).

I hope they add additional content for existing romances too. I was expecting to meet important characters from Trauma Team and MAX-TAC in the main story or something. Man was I disappointed. A lot of characters felt rushed. The pacing (imo) is all wrong. They needed to take their time in introducing character and letting the player get to know them.

Jackie is a very good example and other characters like T-Bug, Evelyn and others. I was hoping that hot guy from the first teaser trailer would be in the game lol (and I know people wanted the woman from the trailer in the game too). I was expecting CDPR to raise the bar when it comes to romances, but they didn't even touch the bar ME and DA have set.

They have the writers and the talent, but obviously something went very wrong along the way. I don't blame the devs at all.

so many restaurants,food stands, bar and cafes i wanna at least be able to call them and bring them out to just have fun .

this game's romance is the epitome of Wham bam thank you ma'am, after the sex scene theres only a handful more new dialogue...

dun get me wrong, im 100s of hours into the game and really enjoy it but its seriously lacking in the immersion
I know what u mean lol. it feels extremely shallow. I also have 100 hours and i love the city and what i can do, this aspect just feels lacking.
Post automatically merged:

I'd add "No (I'm good with them)"
Done :)

It’s odd to me that CDPR didn’t address this in CP when its importance was expressed so directly in the Witcher 3. It seems like they TRIED, maybe…to make the world a less empty place after the romance storylines end but sheesh, is it that hard to figure out?

The way it is now, when the storyline ends…the contact ends, they seemingly go cold and vacant. A simple fix would be to simply not have the ‘chase/romance’ end. (IKR, mind blown?)

Instead of a string of meets or an upward scale when the romance story ends, why not just build several semi-generic “date-nights” into the story. Any time the player wants to call, (or hell, let the NPC call YOU!) and set up a time and go to a movie, or meet at a club…maybe just sit on a rooftop and talk a few creative lines of fresh dialogue. They could add a couple or three different, location dependent “coupling” scenes (but NOT the canned same one over and over like W3, please not that!)

Admittedly, I am not a programmer so making this happen seems like it would be easier than it probably really is BUT, I AM a writer and I can write decent scripts/dialogue…and I KNOW that part would not be that difficult for CDPR cause they have some top-notch writers on staff.

PLEASE, in the expansions…somewhere down the road, make something like this happen…please.

Last edited:
It’s odd to me that CDPR didn’t address this in CP when its importance was expressed so directly in the Witcher 3. It seems like they TRIED, maybe…to make the world a less empty place after the romance storylines end but sheesh, is it that hard to figure out?

The way it is now, when the storyline ends…the contact ends, they seemingly go cold and vacant. A simple fix would be to simply not have the ‘chase/romance’ end. (IKR, mind blown?)

Instead of a string of meets or an upward scale when the romance story ends, why not just build several semi-generic “date-nights” into the story. Any time the player wants to call, (or hell, let the NPC call YOU!) and set up a time and go to a movie, or meet at a club…maybe just sit on a rooftop and talk a few creative lines of fresh dialogue. They could add a couple or three different, location dependent “coupling” scenes (but NOT the canned same one over and over like W3, please not that!)

Admittedly, I am not a programmer so making this happen seems like it would be easier than it probably really is BUT, I AM a writer and I can write decent scripts/dialogue…and I KNOW that part would not be that difficult for CDPR cause they have some top-notch writers on staff.

PLEASE, in the expansions…somewhere down the road, make something like this happen…please.
Agreed , we want more :)

We need Trauma Team romances and MAXTAC romances please, that's all I ask. 😭 I wouldn't hate Royce or Dum Dum being a romance option too lol

I still drive to Judy's apartment before I log off...

And I still have a 3 line conversation with her before I exit...

It's not her fault that her creators abandoned her and left her simple but nonetheless, she's still my Judy and I'll continue to communicate with her, at her place, until the gods of night city give her an updated communications chip.

What happens when I log off?

Well... Is it an RPG right? ;)

It is possible they'll include some in DLC, as that was the case with the Witcher. Shani for example in Hearts of Stone and Syanna in Blood & Wine. Plus Triss & Yennefer made an appearance at the end of the latter if Geralt was involved with either one.

That all said I didn't vote in the poll, only because it is hard to say whether or not romance arcs add anything to a character's story until they exist.

Going back to the Witcher as an example...

Some good story content & character development is locked behind romance arcs with major characters like Yennefer, Triss, or Shani, but players wouldn't really have missed anything in the game if Jutta An Dimun wasn't a romance option. Likewise Keira Metz' arc would have been no less interesting if Geralt simply wasn't her type.

Just to be clear I'm not saying that Keira or Jutta shouldn't have been LIs, just that players wouldn't have missed anything if they were not.

The biggest issue by far is that the romance to your character of choice basically ends at the beginning of your relationship. Lack of depth and things to do, quests to go on past the first intimate moments left me so damn sad. It may sound silly to some but this will make or break it for me going forward. The single most rewarding experience in the game was my relationship and romance to Judy, it's what will stay with me in memory going forward. And any single bits more with her, messages, quests, events, intimacy and dialogue will make me play the game all over again. And this is why i don't advocate for more romance options atm because simply they would disappoint you all that want them i fear for the same reason. At the moment no matter where you finish Judy, Panam, River, Kerry you will still be left with the void of knowing the best has passed and your sweetheart is nothing more than few sweet messages and repeating lines of dialogue. It will crush you because you know all the investment and emotion you put into it leads to loneliness and unfulfillment.

I don't agree that the restrictions should be removed they were made to keep the integrity of the character and define them within their world and background story. Making the romances all player sexual takes away from the immersion in the realities of life. In a Cyberpunk future where unimaginable things are real this bit of human interaction and character is same as it is in reality and it is better for it. I personally feel that making everyone bi would water down the significance of who these characters are and sever many peoples connection they hold in relating to them and who they are at the core.

For purposes of hammering down the points that could improve on romance ill list few i wrote earlier:

1. Your character of choice for romance should be the only one that calls you by your full name after the start of the relationship.

2. Work on what is there already and build on it, randomize and expand the answers these characters can give us, its same lines atm, have them surprise us with different answers based on met conditions. If i ask Judy what new braindances she mixed up have her tell me 5 different things and let me choose other things to say based on her response.

3. More messages and text responses, this shouldn't be difficult but its what couples do endlessly so please. If they ask me what i want to eat for dinner or arrange a dinner after based on my response.... you get the point.

4. More quests together, casual or serious, romantic and sweet. Don't tell me that there isn't some misfit that wouldn't try get back at me tru my gf/bf in Night City, you can make so many stories its a damn gold mine.

5. More intimacy, option to kiss, hug should be somewhere in these responses we give to our person of choice. Ways to trigger more sex scenes with our partner, the ones already there are so damn tasteful and wonderfully artistic.

6. Don't make it easy. We want the challenge and sharp decision making to getting into the heart of ones we love. Triggering the intimate scenes should come with perfect decision making in dialogue choices and actions in quests/events.

7. Make more use of that apartment after they let us live with them i beg of you.

8. Let us take them with us in our car or on our bike on a mission. These characters are basically invincible and invisible anyways so just having them as support fire and some dialogue would mean so much already.

All these are within reach and not unreasonable. If at least some of the upper ones aren't met then please don't start introducing new romance options. "Quality over quantity, V." All the aforementioned can simply exist easy outside of the main storyline and simply build on the side. I'll tell you now that any new additions and changes that expands the romance of my character of choice will have me easily play tru all of the game again. And a separate multiplayer game without them as romance choice or extension of the main game will get no real interest from me. Build on your strengths, don't be a Destiny or Warframe that will get boring and beg for play tru simple grind. Build on story and dialogue and relationships that is what will make your audience sing praises.

Last edited:
I have quite a few points about romance companions I would like to make that I hope CDPR will seriously evaluate to bring A LOT more depth to the game, the romance companions and V as a character. I romanced Judy in my playthrough, still not halfway through the game though. And the story arc and everything about the Judy missions are really amazing in my opinion, up to the point where you complete "Pyramid Song". After successfully romancing Judy it all turns sour very fast and the following list of suggestions will definitely remedy that to some extent in terms of making romances actually FEEL like proper relationships, because at the moment they absolutely don't. I don't know how any other romances are currently, but this could be done for every single romance partner:

1. After successfully completing a romance, let the player be able to initiate physical interactions like kissing, hugging and even the occasional sexual intercourse. Perhaps with a short 24 hour cooldown in in-game time for example. Adding this with some new dialogue attached would go a LONG way.

2. MORE DIALOGUES. This is a must in my opinion. I can somewhat understand the lack of dialogue options before romance, but I think there should be more romance-related dialogue options from the start and way past successful romance/completion of final mission for romanceable NPCs. These options could be gradually unlocked as you progress the main missions, which would bring more depth to the game, romanced partners and V as a character.

3. Let the player invite their romance partner to V's apartment, and let the player also be able to sleep at the romance partner's place as well as store gear safely. This could be tied with physical interactions as well, for example when approaching the bed you get a prompt to "get busy" as they say, maybe even in the shower in V's apartment.

4. Why not be able to go on a date in Night City with your romance partner? Great way to get immersed in the incredible world and it could be woven in with more dialogue options. For example when progressing the story and unlocking more and deeper dialogues, they can be their own instances where you get a call or you call your romance to go on a date, and that is where you experience the new dialogues the first time. And of course the new dialogues should always be available after such an event! Very important in case the big "I love you" comes into play.

5. This one I assume could be very tricky, but I will mention it anyway. I had an idea where if you're about to assault a relatively difficult side gig or some such, you can in some cases get a prompt to call your romance partner for backup, and they'll fight with you to complete the gig. This can bring some cool RPG elements where your romance can have negative or positive reactions to the gig at hand, depending on their own morals. And after completing the gig together they will either kiss you goodbye or scoff and ignore you for a day or something.

That's about it I think. This is what I want to see regarding romances at least. Romances feel so empty at it's current state (mind you I have only romanced Judy and all the missions before successfully romancing her were amazing, these are mostly suggestions for after successful romance)

I have quite a few points about romance companions I would like to make that I hope CDPR will seriously evaluate to bring A LOT more depth to the game, the romance companions and V as a character. I romanced Judy in my playthrough, still not halfway through the game though. And the story arc and everything about the Judy missions are really amazing in my opinion, up to the point where you complete "Pyramid Song". After successfully romancing Judy it all turns sour very fast and the following list of suggestions will definitely remedy that to some extent in terms of making romances actually FEEL like proper relationships, because at the moment they absolutely don't. I don't know how any other romances are currently, but this could be done for every single romance partner:

1. After successfully completing a romance, let the player be able to initiate physical interactions like kissing, hugging and even the occasional sexual intercourse. Perhaps with a short 24 hour cooldown in in-game time for example. Adding this with some new dialogue attached would go a LONG way.

2. MORE DIALOGUES. This is a must in my opinion. I can somewhat understand the lack of dialogue options before romance, but I think there should be more romance-related dialogue options from the start and way past successful romance/completion of final mission for romanceable NPCs. These options could be gradually unlocked as you progress the main missions, which would bring more depth to the game, romanced partners and V as a character.

3. Let the player invite their romance partner to V's apartment, and let the player also be able to sleep at the romance partner's place as well as store gear safely. This could be tied with physical interactions as well, for example when approaching the bed you get a prompt to "get busy" as they say, maybe even in the shower in V's apartment.

4. Why not be able to go on a date in Night City with your romance partner? Great way to get immersed in the incredible world and it could be woven in with more dialogue options. For example when progressing the story and unlocking more and deeper dialogues, they can be their own instances where you get a call or you call your romance to go on a date, and that is where you experience the new dialogues the first time. And of course the new dialogues should always be available after such an event! Very important in case the big "I love you" comes into play.

5. This one I assume could be very tricky, but I will mention it anyway. I had an idea where if you're about to assault a relatively difficult side gig or some such, you can in some cases get a prompt to call your romance partner for backup, and they'll fight with you to complete the gig. This can bring some cool RPG elements where your romance can have negative or positive reactions to the gig at hand, depending on their own morals. And after completing the gig together they will either kiss you goodbye or scoff and ignore you for a day or something.

That's about it I think. This is what I want to see regarding romances at least. Romances feel so empty at it's current state (mind you I have only romanced Judy and all the missions before successfully romancing her were amazing, these are mostly suggestions for after successful romance)
Great pretty much all the stuff I agree with and push for myself, thank you choom!
In addition I think you will agree with me that the game makes you so invested in your relationship it should make use of it in the story quests and your decisions going forward. In Judy's case I was expecting a retaliation from the claws or them targeting her to get back at me since she is my romance now. And there is basically nothing more important to you at that moment so such quests would give it way more weight and ofc once you choose to protect her you ruin your connection to Wakako. Things that allow you to get more intimate while at the same time providing gameplay and decision making story changes to your Night City experience driven by your investment to the person you love in it.

Top Bottom