Round Results Stuck on Screen During Match

+
No Title

Alright, so not just me. Happened to me and I started freaking out, because I had absolutely no clue on what was happening on the board:
That being said, I could still click and select the cards. Managed to win still, but was irritating to say the least.

Attachments

• photo144690.jpg
    photo144690.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 39

Raiie

Forum regular
No Title

it was a casual match got it on round 3 after round 2, can't see what could trigger it as it happend randomly.

Attachments

• photo144760.jpg
    photo144760.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 55
Round-End Overlay Glitch: PLEASE GET RID OF THE OVERLAY BLURRING OF CARDS.

I'm playing on a Win7 Pro 64 bit PC, with up-to-date drivers, processor, and graphics card. I have 16 GB of RAM installed. The glitch described below is NOT a hardware issue, and once again, the blurring out of cards in the mulligan overlay made the problem worse.

In my most recent game, at the end of a round, the game glitched: first saying that the round had ended in a tie, and then saying that I had lost the round. This was due, most likely, to turn-end effects being applied to my side of the battlefield. These results were correct; I had in fact, lost the round.

However, after the overlay changed and told me I had lost the round, it refused to go away when the next round began. My next-round cards were drawn, but the overlay persisted, so that I could not see the cards. I clicked at random on the screen, trying to get the overlay to disappear, and OF COURSE selected a card I could not see for replacement in the round-beginning mulligan. The card was replaced by another, and although I could see the replacement happening in blurred form, I had no idea which cards were being replaced, or with what.

At that point, I closed the game out using the task manager.

It is possible that I could have continued the game, and that the screen-change at the beginning of play for the next round would have gotten rid of the overlay, but at that point, the game had been effectively ruined for me, since I had apparently discarded and replaced a card I couldn't see.

PLEASE GET RID OF THE CARD-BLURRING EFFECT ON THE MULLIGAN SCREEN. IT IS INFURIATING FOR OH SO MANY REASONS, AND I'M ABOUT TO GIVE UP ON THIS GAME ENTIRELY BECAUSE OF IT.

Thanks.

I also had this issue today and the lead-up was almost exactly like described in the qoute. Result screen glitched from first showing lost round, then to won round due to some on board mechanic settling. Matchup was Monsters(me) vs Scoiatel dwarf. Had some weather effects going but nothing unusual... It still possible to continue playing, however it feels pretty dumb.

Raiie;n8772680 said:
In my most recent game, at the end of a round, the game glitched: first saying that the round had ended in a tie, and then saying that I had lost the round. This was due, most likely, to turn-end effects being applied to my side of the battlefield. These results were correct; I had in fact, lost the round.

However, after the overlay changed and told me I had lost the round, it refused to go away when the next round began.

No Title

Same problem for me tree times. Never got this problem before since one week. As I play in Window mode on a 40" 4K monitor, and last week I was only in full screen, I'll play tomorrow again in full screen to see if it happens again.

Of course I lost all the ranked match, even if I was trying to see which card I was playing, but it was like I was blind. At one time my opponent choose a card and after everything was normal again.

Sorry for my english ;)

Here are two screens of the bug.

Attachments

• photo146170.jpg
    photo146170.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 46
  • photo146180.jpg
    photo146180.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 29
I didnt mention my computer specs :

AMD Ryzen 7 - 16Go - ASUS GTX 1080 - KINGSTON SSD - Windows 10 - Gwent in the default directory - PSU SEASONIC 520W

Had the excact same problem, running on Windows PC. Was still able to play my cards, but they are close to impossible to see. No amount of dragging, clicking or hitting keys made it go away.
I would include a screenshot of it, but it seems it's impossible to find screenshots taken by the GOG screencapture.

BUG: Win/Lose Screen Softlock

See attached photos. I skipped a turn and lost after the next. The win/lose screen never went away. The game played perfectly normal aside from that. I didn't forfeit and at the end of the match, the win/lose screen refreshed, reflecting the games score. I was able to click the screen away and return to the playing field as normal the few frames before the post-game screen. bug seems purely visual.

Attachments

• photo146950.jpg
    photo146950.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 77
  • photo146960.jpg
    photo146960.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 36
End of Round title blocks Screen

I win round 2, it is now 1-1, but the "you won the round" screen does not disappear. Had to play the whole 3rd round without really seeing what was going on.
Naturally I lost the round, and since it was a ranked match that is very frustrating.

And just a few matches before (again a ranked match), after I won the game the game just kept on going for me. I even received the 15 scraps for the gg of the enemy, but the End screen did not appear. Only way to leave was to forfeit and I didn´t get any points because of that.

Is there any possibility that I can get the points for my screen blocking loss back , and get the points I should have gotten for my victory in the other game?

First time I post something in a Forum, so I hope the upload of the picture for the "you won the round" screen is visible.

Attachments

• Gwent Bug.pdf
    180.5 KB · Views: 82
Happened to me a few minutes ago on PS4 after after round 2 through the end of round 3. Disappeared on defeating my opponent.

No Title

This happened to me a few minutes ago. I'm playing on PC and before starting the final round the screen was stuck like the photo below. I was able to play the last round but I didn't really see anything. Somehow, I still managed to win the match :huh: . Hopefully, this gets fixed.

Attachments

• photo147230.jpg
    photo147230.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 43
Hello,
I also had the round bug happen to me in a ranked match
but it was happening with another bug at the same time.
Not sure if there is a relation

When redrawing cards, I didn't see all the choices. 1 card was just an open space
I had this same issue when opening a keg

see screenshot

gwent card bug.JPG

Last edited:
yet another awesome gamebreking bug

and ofc its in ranked wtf is this, like seriously, ive encoutered in whole closed beta literally zero of these bugs, and this is like 4th time happening to me in open beta.... apparently, 2nd round started and opoonent played normally, while i was stuck with this screen, love it! also on another note, can you f*** tell me why the f*** i must have my vision blurred while my opponent choosing cards (redrawing)?! why cant i look at my hand in mean time to think of strategy with my new mulliganed cards??

Attachments

• photo147510.jpg
    photo147510.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 42
Guitarstudent;n8823220 said:
and ofc its in ranked wtf is this, like seriously, ive encoutered in whole closed beta literally zero of these bugs, and this is like 4th time happening to me in open beta.... apparently, 2nd round started and opoonent played normally, while i was stuck with this screen, love it! also on another note, can you f*** tell me why the f*** i must have my vision blurred while my opponent choosing cards (redrawing)?! why cant i look at my hand in mean time to think of strategy with my new mulliganed cards??

yup, this is pretty annoying.
It also happens with the mulligan - the black screen stays there for the rest of the match.
And yes, they should at least change the retarded semi-trasparent overlay to a nice subtle blur or at least decrease opacity so you can somehow see the cards you have in your hand.

But hey! Why fixing bugs if they can just release patch giving +/-1 strength to some stupid units, right ?
(and yes, no such issues with CBT here either)

Top Bottom