Rumours and Speculations

+
animalfather;n10870281 said:
the game is back to being FPS yingyang has a new video and his sources claim the same thing its a FPS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jbUVI0uGJQ

His sources only claim that the demo they intend to show at E3 will be presented in first person perspective, it doesn't really say that the game won't have TPP as the option. Let's not forget that his sources were also already wrong in the past in regard to Cyberpunk having no character creator or classes, which were confirmed recently by Kicinski.

Plus it was already posted.

Suhiira;n10870121 said:
In my case it's really a matter of how "twitchy" they are NOT the actual perspective.

Yeah, yeah. Here the same. Not the perspective that’s the issue but how it works. It’s a bit of sliding scale on what is twitchy to whom, but I can’t offhand remember many FPP games from semi-recent past where firearm combat was not just a regular FPS with some stats thrown in for show (but not really for effect other than mitigating HP sponginess). The first Deus Ex somewhat, Alpha Protocol somewhat... but neither as well as it could’ve been done.

animalfather;n10870281 said:

YUNG YANG was wrong last time when he said the game would have a predefined character. And the fact that he conveniently posts a video about FPS leaks right after another site has posted it? Sounds like fake news to me.

In the next 48 days we should really not believe these rumors.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10870851 said:
In the next 48 days we should really not believe these rumors.

I agree. But rumors are... finicky.

Nobody believed that Fallout 4 would have a voiced protagonist, the leaks of the scene in the early game were almost universally considered fake. Nobody believed they would actually remove skills from the game (nor even traits as per New Vegas' inclusion of them) in favor of a perk chart. Turns out all of that happened, and even the leaks were truthful.

Always keep your guard up even if the stuff sounds shady and comes from some "hear ye, hear ye, we bear knews for thee"-youtubers with a mysterious anonymous leak, and who almost sound like this:

kofeiiniturpa;n10871121 said:
Nobody believed that Fallout 4 would have a voiced protagonist, the leaks of the scene in the early game were almost universally considered fake. Nobody believed they would actually remove skills from the game (nor even traits as per New Vegas' inclusion of them) in favor of a perk chart. Turns out all of that happened, and even the leaks were truthful.

But that's Bethesda, their games were gradatively changed/dumbed down from Oblivion to Fallout 3, and from Skyrim to Fallout 4.

Perhaps the answer to the question if CP2077 will be dumbed down as a FPS is also the same as another question: "Did CDPR dumbed down the Witcher games along the years?"

Last edited:
Lisbeth_Salander;n10871231 said:
But that's Bethesda, their games were gradatively dumbed down from Oblivion to Fallout 3, and from Skyrim to Fallout 4.

Perhaps the answer to the question if CP2077 will be dumbed down as a FPS is also the same as another question: "Did CDPR dumbed down the Witcher games along the years?"

TPP or FPP perspetive has nothing to do with dumbing down, what you are talking about?

But that's Bethesda, their games were gradatively dumbed down from Oblivion to Fallout 3, and from Skyrim to Fallout 4.

Well, yeah, but I don't think Bethesda's qualities and their lack of them are relevant in the question of the truthfulness of rumors.

"Did CDPR dumbed down the Witcher games along the years?"

I'd say they did. Somewhat. I felt the gameplay had more depth in the first game and the sequels were gradually streamlined. But that's really another discussion beside the rumors and "mysterious anonymous leeks".

kofeiiniturpa;n10871331 said:
Well, yeah, but I don't think Bethesda's qualities and their lack of them are relevant in the question of the truthfulness of rumors.

I'd say they did. Somewhat. I felt the gameplay had more depth in the first game and the sequels were gradually streamlined. But that's really another discussion beside the rumors and "mysterious anonymous leeks".

My point is, based on CDPR's past changes in their games how likely is it for them to make Cyberpunk 2077 a FPS only game? To me that's unlikely.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10871411 said:
My point is, based on CDPR's past changes in their games how likely is it for them to make Cyberpunk 2077 a FPS only game? To me that's unlikely.

Well, then we are talking about somewhat different topics here, my original comment was meant to be a more general line of thinking. I agree that it's unlikely, very, even, but then... Stuff has happened before that just came out of the blue. And at this point we don't know anything for sure about this game.

Lisbeth_Salander;n10871621 said:
Vehicles are checkpoints that make you travel from one place to the other, thankfully we won't have to drive them!

I would not be so sure of that, they did hire several gameplay guys for vehicles a while ago. Also it would be cool to be able to buy your own car ;)

animalfather;n10871561 said:
are vehicles still in the game? are they also FPP?

The article does not say anything about vehicles, but I see no particular reason to believe there will be no vehicles in the game. Driving in FPP mode can work fine, for example the car in Dying Light is driven in first person, and I do not have complaints specifically related to the perspective.

sv3672;n10871801 said:
The article does not say anything about vehicles, but I see no particular reason to believe there will be no vehicles in the game. Driving in FPP mode can work fine, for example the car in Dying Light is driven in first person, and I do not have complaints specifically related to the perspective.

Well yeah, driving in first person also works fine in RL :D

Rawls;n10866211 said:
Also ... Lisbeth_Salander I feel like NIN version of "Hurt" is a more appropriate reflection of despair in this situation. Johnny Cash's version feels more like despair in the face of time and death specifically ... not more generalized as would cover this situation. Though my impression of the songs is largely based around Cash's music video which you linked and I love.

Top Bottom