Safehouses - yes or no? - or how to make them work?

+
Adverts on the glass and all? Screw that for a game of soldiers!

Anyway, it reminded me of the "Nitenite" hotel chain. Their rooms have no 'view' as such, as they have no windows. They are kind of like oversized 'coffin' rooms.
I have seen some hotel rooms where the 'window' is a TV, so you can choose what view you have.

I really like that idea.. In some, really secure houses, there shouldn't be any windows but TV screens that can show you outside or any other view you want.. No need to worry about snipers that way..

Also, snipers should be able to shoot you in your safehouse.. :D

It wouldn't be much of a safehouse if you get shot in it.

However, comprising safehouses ftw! Just as long as I can rig the place to blow.

is safe as long somebody do not find out and it become an unsafe house ^.-

It wouldn't be much of a safehouse if you get shot in it.

Sometimes if a person becomes reckless, (they can be fallowed or tracked) their safehouses can get compromised, (yeah yeah, it is unsafe house now) and not all safehouses can be windowless.. (I'm sure they weren't building the place to be a safehouse and a modern sniper rifle can penetrate trough walls and seek heat)

So i don't understand what your point is...

There should be some randomly generated events if you get a home.

Sometimes looted, sometimes squated by a bunch of punk, a police raid at the wrong adress (yours, in fact), traps (if you've done something against someone you should'nt), a big hole in your front wall... because some punks had a rocket-launcher's gunfight last night, a group of fanatics (there's a few sect already in the game, if i remember correctly), knocking at your door (like the jehova witnesses) things like that.

Even if no one is your enemy, it's doesn't mean you'll be out of trouble for ever.

If they can pull a realistic weaver setting, some pre-generated randoms events aren't a big strech.

There should be some randomly generated events if you get a home.

Sometimes looted, sometimes squated by a bunch of punk, a police raid at the wrong adress (yours, in fact), traps (if you've done something against someone you should'nt), a big hole in your front wall... because some punks had a rocket-launcher's gunfight last night, a group of fanatics (there's a few sect already in the game, if i remember correctly), knocking at your door (like the jehova witnesses) things like that.

Even if no one is your enemy, it's doesn't mean you'll be out of trouble for ever.

If they can pull a realistic weaver setting, some pre-generated randoms events aren't a big strech.

i would love such random events! random events are awesome

Safehouses, yes. Decorating? Pfft. Any true runner needs only a desk, a rig, and an overhead lamp. Well, maybe not the lamp. Oh and a fridge to keep leftovers in, along with beer.

Seriously though, safehouses would be a great place to have underground docs come meet you to patch you up, or where you customize your character. I like your idea of having various bits of info to read too. Sending mail, making calls, whatever.

I liked the way they handled that in Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines. I'm sure CDPR can come up with cool things to do there. But yeah, I don't think it'll feel "real" if you don't have a place to sleep and do some work.

+1 Really a post that says it all already in my stead.
I also think there should be some small corner you can call your own. Be it chummer's rest or your own shack where you can do stuff like customize stuff, sort ingame messages and so on. But it should not be like stupid over the top housing stuff. No need to make your own dream temple there. It should be a bed to crash,workroom and maybe some extra thing that i can't think of right now.

Top Bottom