Save Failed - insufficient space - Series X

+
Never had this before 2.01. At least it doesn't crash anymore when quicksaving or it autosaves..but it seems like i hit a limit of saves i can do after a while? I try to manually save or quick save and says: "Safe Failed - Insufficient space" which makes no sense XD i still have a ton of space left locally and on the cloud.

Luckily there's a work around: simply delete unused autosaves and quick saves.

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077-2023_10_06-01_19_48.png
    Cyberpunk 2077-2023_10_06-01_19_48.png
    6 MB · Views: 148
Not sure it's related, but I had a similar issue with Valheim at time :)
It was because I played (so) many games that I uninstalled, for a long while (more than 2 years^^), without removing the local saves. There is defined allocated space (different from the space to install your Apps/Games), which slowly filled up until to be completely full.
So I removed everything ("clearing local saved games" if I remember) and everything was fine. I didn't lost anything while all my saves were on the cloud :)

Last edited:
Not sure it's related, but I had a similar issue with Valheim at time :)
It was because I played (so) many games that I uninstalled for a long while, but didn't remove the local saves manually. So there is definied allocated space, which slowly filled up until to be full.
So I removed everything ("clearing local saved games" if I remember) and everything was fine. I didn't lost anything while all my saves were on the cloud :)
Huh, i might try that!

Huh, i might try that!
Yes, in two years of gaming, the space allocated for storing saves was completely full :)
I scratched my head for a while, knowing I always keep at least, 10% of free space...
But allocated saves space, like the OS space is not displayed (that why even if you remove everything Apps+games, you never have 1TB of free space^^)

Yes, in two years of gaming, the space allocated for storing saves was completely full :)
I scratched my head for a while, knowing I always keep at least, 10% of free space...
But allocated saves space, like the OS space is not displayed (that why even if you remove everything Apps+games, you never have 1TB of free space^^)
good to know, thanks!! so far bug hasn't recurred yet.

Never had this before 2.01. At least it doesn't crash anymore when quicksaving or it autosaves..but it seems like i hit a limit of saves i can do after a while? I try to manually save or quick save and says: "Safe Failed - Insufficient space" which makes no sense XD i still have a ton of space left locally and on the cloud.

Luckily there's a work around: simply delete unused autosaves and quick saves.
I've had this problem very often around a year or two back with Fallout 4 (modded) on PS4.
Saving a game was impossible, including trying to overwrite etc. With FO4 though, the problem was more severe as you cant delete savefiles from the screen you're in when wanting to save, meaning you wil lose your progress.

Top Bottom