Save files are corrupted

+
I am a late arriver. Did you find a solution? I am yet to play the game.

The things to note;

- I didnt install the game where OS is
- Steam Version it is

I have a video to introduce the error, any help would be amazing

When I die or exit the game I cant load my save file. When I click on save file, it opens it and gets stuck on black screen. I hear the menu music in the background, and is says it is running when I look at task manager. I have updated drivers and reinstalled, but nothing has worked.
I reinstalled Windows with the installation tool using this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
It solved the issue for me at least.

Even better, I lost all my saved files.

I spent 11 hours yesterday grinding and today it opens the games like if I never played it. Is there any option to bring it back? Maybe Windows revert or something? My Cyberpunk folder also shows there are no saves. (to be clear, I did save manually many times to be sure)

i have emailed customer support around the same issue, 23 hours played and its happened to me twice. best thing to do is get a refund and then choose to purchase it again if they end up fixing the problems. No way im playing when i know its just not going to save. At least through EPIC its easy to get refund.

BTW: does your only happen after an update also?

55 hours in and all of my saves and auto saves load me back to the title screen with the message "saved data is damaged and cannot be loaded".

Is there any recovery potential or did Every save and auto save I have get corrupted at the same time somehow?

55 hours in and all of my saves and auto saves load me back to the title screen with the message "saved data is damaged and cannot be loaded".

Is there any recovery potential or did Every save and auto save I have get corrupted at the same time somehow?

No, but stop loading saved games.

First, back up all of your save files by copying them to a folder on your desktop or something. Then, do a verify / repair of the game.

After that, try loading. If it still doesn't work, erase the "corrupted" saves and replace them with the backups. Keep doing this as you troubleshoot. It can often be the loading process, not the saving process that borks a save.

If you were using any sort of modification to the game (like the community's AVX fix), and you disabled it, put it back in place. Any modification to the game can leave reference data that will corrupt the game's ability to read the save files unless the modifications are also running.

EDIT: Also, this assumes you're running on a PC. If ever requesting tech support, the first things we need to know are:
1.) Platform (including specs if on PC)
2.) Brief description of the bug.
3.) Steps to reproduce the bug, if applicable.

No, but stop loading saved games.

First, back up all of your save files by copying them to a folder on your desktop or something. Then, do a verify / repair of the game.

After that, try loading. If it still doesn't work, erase the "corrupted" saves and replace them with the backups. Keep doing this as you troubleshoot. It can often be the loading process, not the saving process that borks a save.

If you were using any sort of modification to the game (like the community's AVX fix), and you disabled it, put it back in place. Any modification to the game can leave reference data that will corrupt the game's ability to read the save files unless the modifications are also running.

EDIT: Also, this assumes you're running on a PC. If ever requesting tech support, the first things we need to know are:
1.) Platform (including specs if on PC)
2.) Brief description of the bug.
3.) Steps to reproduce the bug, if applicable.

Thanks, I am on PC Steam specifically. Will be giving this a shot.

I am having the same problem. Anyone find something that works? :(

Attachments

• BUG.png
    BUG.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 5,196
completely useless since save files are in:
C:\Users\...\Saved Games\CD Projekt Red\Cyberpunk 2077
(whereas repair works on the game folder)

I can add that in my case this happens when the "sav.dat" save file reaches> 8mb, then this error is shown.
"Saved data is damaged and cannot be loaded"
My sav.dat has grown so much since I found a game method for getting money through 2 crafting + 2 disasemble (crafted items). Purely for test, I wanted to buy everything ingame I needed and upgrade all my things. Apparently this requires a fix:
-or the ability to load sav.dat >8mb
-or crafting rebalance this abuse

p.s. Also, if sav.dat> 5,5mb before loading I had a black screen for about 30sec (but loading still worked)

Attachments

• balance....jpg
    balance....jpg
    764.2 KB · Views: 26,170
I have this same issue. Started with a long black screen before loading, now that savefiles have reached 8MB it doesn't load anymore.

I can add that in my case this happens when the "sav.dat" save file reaches> 8mb, then this error is shown.
My sav.dat has grown so much since I found a game method for getting money through 2 crafting + 2 disasemble (crafted items). Purely for test, I wanted to buy everything ingame I needed and upgrade all my things. Apparently this requires a fix:

p.s. Also, if sav.dat> 5,5mb before loading I had a black screen for about 30sec (but loading still worked)

Interesting. I did something similar, but what makes you think that's the reason for the increase in size?
EDIT: My thought was the savegame bloated due to all the permutations the game has to remember. Meaning the longer you play, the more you do the bigger the file.

Just created an account to comment on having this same issue. Funny enough, I have the exact same problem and came to the exact same conclusion. I've been doing crafting/disassembling and this issue has come to play.

Currently I have 6 unplayble saves, and 4 playable. All six of the broken are 8MB exactly in size, the playable are under or around 7.9MB, so almost there. I noticed the long 30-60 second black screens before I really started getting into churning the craft/disa, probably just from disassembling everything I ever picked up from the start so it's not like really grinding out mats is the only way to run into the issue. I'd imagine this becomes more of an issue as people get further into their playthroughs.

I've tried every "Fix" that's been listed as a solution on other threads, no luck. I also it may be tied to the amount of money as well. Testing a few things out but as of now I don't feel like wasting any more time until it's fixed. 60 hours down the drain unless it's fixed, I'll save me time for now and play something else.

Same problem on pc/steam. 70 hours busted. 8185 kb save still loading, 8192kb save won't load. Never seen save file more than 8192 kb. Maybe that's the problem. Need help.

Same thing on my end
PC/Steam --> saved game exceeds 8,00mb its deemed as corrupted.
cant progress after 80hours+ effective gameplay (161 on steam after a week ' :D )
playing full tech after gathering and crafting alot of components and amassing money

EDIT: also that i have a few more saves with 8mb it was in one session before the game crashed and i couldnt load it anymore

Attachments

• CP2077 corrupted savefiles.png
    CP2077 corrupted savefiles.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 3,180
Same problem. This is the first thread that actually matches up to my problem exactly. The symptoms are a perfect match, and I didn't even think to check my save files at all, but it's the same issue with saves that are 8,192KB or larger. At this point, my most recent working save is 8,191KB, so I'm largely stuck from progressing unless I find a way to reduce the file size.

I reached the point of no return maybe 30 hours in, turned away and started doing everything else I could. I never went back to finish the main quest. I periodically delete saves that are extremely old, but I had held onto maybe the previous 10 manual saves just out of paranoia for things like this.

My most recent save file's playtime is 68:44, this is the one at 8,191KB. At this point, my oldest save's playtime is 63:32, and it's 7,515KB. I know I was running into this problem earlier than that, but it's the only save I have under 8,000KB. Pretty much anything I do after loading that save causes it to jump.

I've been running into this problem for 3 days, and since it started I've been trying to look up what might be causing this but nothing else matched what I was seeing.

also running into this problem, pc/steam. tried verifying, tried updating drivers etc. sucks i can't really progress in my main save

Same problem, "Saved data is damaged and cannot be loaded."

97h Gameplay, PC/Steam, Tried the above fixes, "sav.dat" file is >8mb.

Top Bottom