Sequel to 2077?

+
Right. Features that actually require little to no computing power when it comes to TB and statbased RPGs. I love pets!.

Yes. Features that alone as a mere concept don't require much at all (and they don't need to), but with the level of presentation and feedback, visual and audible, that is demanded today those aspects can be made much more compelling for the audiences (meaning most of people) that hold a requirement for it. It is not unusual to see people say that they'd love this certain old game for what it does, but they can not get past the presentation. And of course those features can (and should) be taken further than simply what they were. The point is not bring a current day computer or a console to its knees with calculations, but to bring a design (that worked in the past, and still does) to this day. To build over a foundation.

So you rebutt the idea that you don't lament for the bad old days by lamenting for the bad old days?

No. I lament that the movement forward has been done by largely ignoring the past when it comes to these certain topics, not that things should move backwards.

You proudly state that "ignorance about VR is bliss" so why should anyone trust your judgement on the question?

Mmm. Doughnuts! Also, I said "I don't care", that's different from glorifying lack of knowledge.

Last edited by a moderator:
After some inner monologuing, I've decided that yes, in fact, Brooklyn Nine NIne is quite a good TV show and that, yes, FPS games can be bad for...development. Ing. Developmenting! Or at least, no better than non-FPS games. HENCEFORTH, you shall call me FPS-AWARE GUY. So that, you know, we're aware I'm aware. That you're aware.

Ow! Math!

Last edited by a moderator:
...but how in the world would you know?...

I think I'll just take a deeeeeeeeep breath and realise that posies are only half as pretty as I've been told. LIES. WHY must you filthy primitives lie to me about the Posey Truth?!

Also, did you know that grapes smell exactly like cotton? No, I'm not insane. I have a stamp.

[Bonus points for reference]

Also, the sequel, if we get it, will rock. Hard.

P.S. from Suhiira
Sard's extensive edit (read: total rewrite) of what I'd originally posted here is probably for the best.
But to save everyone future anguish my "Ignore" still applies poet_and_gentleman, so don't waste anyone's time with future commentary directed at me.

Last edited:
I hope we've all enjoyed this bit of petty back and forth. Let's avoid it. Also, next person to raise a person's age outside the context of it's their own and "how did I get so old?!" will enjoy a ban equally exactly the amount of hours or days in the afore mentioned age. If it was funny, hours. If I didn't laugh, days!

See? That was funny. Also true.

Remember, we be here to communicate our perspectives, not prove ourselves right. To..ourselves? If I catch that happening, it's editing time! Hmmm. I think I'll do that now.

Top Bottom