Should Roach interact with a gold trap?

+
Roach comes out when playing a gold card. Of course, when you play a glod trap, Roach should probably not come out because that gives information about the trap to the opponent. Edit: But right now, Roach does not come out when playing a gold trap!

So I'm unsure... What should be the correct interaction? I mean, when you play gold trap, you play a gold card, right? And the card says "Whenever you play a gold card, summon good old Roach!"

Last edited:

Messyr

Forum regular
This question is actually on point. Unfortunately I'd say you are better off removing Roach from trap decks (even though she fits well into an Eldain list).

Messyr

Forum regular
Yeah, she is unfortunately spoiling the surprise for the gold traps and as such, not a good addition.
Probably you can try switching to Knickers, more or less the same effect, less consistent, but you get an extra provision.

Whoops, I actually mistyped the info here... Roach does NOT come out when playing a gold trap right now... Is this a bug then?

Messyr

Forum regular
Oh, that changes things - if it is a bug (I hope not), it is the smartest bug I've ever witnessed :D

If I had to guess I would say it's not a bug. Seems more likely that face-down cards don't count because Roach doesn't "see" they're Golds. (And when they're flipped they're not played, so no Roach.)

I found a Reddit thread from 2019 asking this same question. No confirmation either way there, but Roach's behaviour was the same back then so it's extremely likely to be intended.

I also agree it wouldn't make sense if she did react to Traps.

Top Bottom