"Smokes like a goddamn tire fire." "Like half the city." [Poll]

+

Do you smoke?

• Yep.

• Nope.

• Smoked before Cyberpunk 2077 launch. Now I don't.

• Didn't smoke before Cyberpunk 2077 launch. Now I do.

• Smoked before Covid-19 outbreak. Now I don't.

• Didn't smoke before Covid-19 outbreak. Now I do.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I smoked for about 6 years with a lot of failed quitting attemps. Now I haven't touched it for almost two years and I usually don't even remember the existance of cigaratte. If you haven't smoke before, it is not cool and it is definately not good either. Stay away from it.

[Fun Fact]

Son of slaves who was 'world's oldest man' and smoked a pack of cigarettes a day dies at incredible age of 129
Brazilian man José Aguinelo dos Santos, known as Ze Aguinelo, had 'iron-strong health' but died of natural causes and was buried in a private funeral.
José Aguinelo dos Santos has died at the age of 129 (Image: Alan Schneider/Focus on News)

The 'world's oldest man' who was described as having "iron-strong health" for his age despite smoking for most of his life has died at the incredible age of 129. Brazilian man José Aguinelo dos Santos, known as Ze Aguinelo, died of natural causes on Wednesday and was buried in a private funeral the following day.

Mr Aguinelo was born in 1888 in Ceara, north east Brazil, and claimed to have been the son of slaves. Asked about the key to reaching such a ripe old age, Mr Aquinelo who loved wearing and even sleeping in his blue baseball cap had reportedly said: “There is no secret to reaching this age. Life just passes and I’m just lucky to have lived a lot."

Mr Aguinelo lived in a nursing home in Sao Paulo for 44 years.

César Siqueira Campos, vice president of the Vincentian Village Nursing Home said: “He didn’t talk much and was quite introspective. He wouldn’t have conversations with people he didn’t know but with those he was used to he would tell jokes, recall faded memories have a little chat and sometimes he would even sing quietly to himself.

“He had an iron-strong health for his age and doctors considered him a perfect patient. He had amazing vitality despite smoking for most of his life and consuming an average of one pack of cigarettes every day.
“He didn't have cholesterol, diabetes or hypertension and only took vitamins and a pill to whet his appetite which many people lose as they age.”

'World's Oldest Man' Is 114 Years Old, Smokes Every Day

BY DANA DOVEY ON 5/29/18 AT 12:24 PM EDT

In early May, Fredie Blom's celebrated his 114th birthday, a feat that may make him the world's oldest living man — although official verification is still needed. In a recent interview with the BBC, Blom shared no particular secrets to his longevity and instead confessed to still be a lifetime daily smoker.

The previous oldest living individual was Violet Moss-Brown, and the Jamaican held the title until September 2017 when she passed away at 117 years old, the BBC reported. However, since Moss-Brown's passing, the Guinness World of Records has yet to verify who now holds the title, but Blom is believed to be qualify as the world's oldest living man.

Blom was born on May 8, 1904 in Adelaide, South Africa, a rural town in the Eastern Cape province. The centenarian has no special words of advice or explanation for his old age, and although he no longer drinks alcohol, Blom continues to smoke tobacco.

How in a smoking tire fire do you figure that?!?

Son of slaves who was 'world's oldest man' and smoked a pack of cigarettes a day dies at incredible age of 129
Brazilian man José Aguinelo dos Santos, known as Ze Aguinelo, had 'iron-strong health' but died of natural causes and was buried in a private funeral.
José Aguinelo dos Santos has died at the age of 129 (Image: Alan Schneider/Focus on News)

The 'world's oldest man' who was described as having "iron-strong health" for his age despite smoking for most of his life has died at the incredible age of 129. Brazilian man José Aguinelo dos Santos, known as Ze Aguinelo, died of natural causes on Wednesday and was buried in a private funeral the following day.

Mr Aguinelo was born in 1888 in Ceara, north east Brazil, and claimed to have been the son of slaves. Asked about the key to reaching such a ripe old age, Mr Aquinelo who loved wearing and even sleeping in his blue baseball cap had reportedly said: “There is no secret to reaching this age. Life just passes and I’m just lucky to have lived a lot."

César Siqueira Campos, vice president of the Vincentian Village Nursing Home said: “He didn’t talk much and was quite introspective. He wouldn’t have conversations with people he didn’t know but with those he was used to he would tell jokes, recall faded memories have a little chat and sometimes he would even sing quietly to himself.

“He had an iron-strong health for his age and doctors considered him a perfect patient. He had amazing vitality despite smoking for most of his life and consuming an average of one pack of cigarettes every day.
“He didn't have cholesterol, diabetes or hypertension and only took vitamins and a pill to whet his appetite which many people lose as they age.”

In early May, Fredie Blom's celebrated his 114th birthday, a feat that may make him the world's oldest living man — although official verification is still needed. In a recent interview with the BBC, Blom shared no particular secrets to his longevity and instead confessed to still be a lifetime daily smoker.

The previous oldest living individual was Violet Moss-Brown, and the Jamaican held the title until September 2017 when she passed away at 117 years old, the BBC reported. However, since Moss-Brown's passing, the Guinness World of Records has yet to verify who now holds the title, but Blom is believed to be qualify as the world's oldest living man.

Blom was born on May 8, 1904 in Adelaide, South Africa, a rural town in the Eastern Cape province. The centenarian has no special words of advice or explanation for his old age, and although he no longer drinks alcohol, Blom continues to smoke tobacco.

Honestly, I'll put it down to "incredible luck". Even if a person who smokes a lot lives "old," how many die prematurely before. Basically, you're just as lucky to live old by smoking as you are to winning the lottery, that is to say very (very, very, very) little...
You can see that "incredibly lucky guy"... it's not a good idea to do the same, because there's a good chance it won't end so well. :D

Honestly, I'll put it down to "incredible luck". Even if a person who smokes a lot lives "old," how many die prematurely before. Basically, you're just as lucky to live old by smoking as you are to winning the lottery, that is to say very (very, very, very) little...
You can see that "incredibly lucky guy"... it's not a good idea to do the same, because there's a good chance it won't end so well. :D
Can tell you this much, picked 2 this time, but heard a lot of different cases my entire life of lifelong smokers that reached far over 100 years of age, way more than people that won the lottery.

Can tell you this much, picked 2 this time, but heard a lot of different cases my entire life of lifelong smokers that reached far over 100 years of age, way more than people that won the lottery.
Probably, but anyway, you still have a great chance to considerably shorten your loguevity by smoking :(
Conversely, I know many more smokers who left too early than smokers who lived "old". Being a smoker, I prefer to think and talk about those who live old, that's for sure :)

[Fun Fact]

Correlation is not causation......

My guess is someone who has lived beyond a century has a lower likelihood of cancerous cell mutation. Carcinogenic substances have a greater effect in those who are prone to mutations.

Correlation is not causation......

My guess is someone who has lived beyond a century has a lower likelihood of cancerous cell mutation. Carcinogenic substances have a greater effect in those who are prone to mutations.
Fair guess. Though it contradicts everything we learned about smoking. Also odd none of these people seemingly were ever asked to be a test person for eventual development of a vaccine against cancer, like was done with Covid.
Post automatically merged:

Almost 30% of the centenarian women had smoked (over 100 cigarettes) in their lifetime, while 26.2% of the comparison women did. Smoking rates were 60% for centenarian men and 75% for comparison men.

DC9V

Forum veteran
I'll take a break from Cyberpunk 2077 until January 2022 if a certain person won't tell me that he managed to quit smoking for at least six weeks.
Edit: Nevermind. The person didn't accept the challenge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom