So is the entire game going to get a massive overhaul?

+
speculation of a characters motivation doesn't mean there is poor char development. The story is told from only what V knows or hears about. You are supposed to speculate about Evelyn.
In a quick look up, character development is the building of a unique three dimensional character with depth, personality and clear motivations. We literally have none of that with Evelyn. We are speculating about her motivations, we are looking at her personality in two different ways and well depth there hardly is any. Seems like poor character development to me.

In a quick look up, character development is the building of a unique three dimensional character with depth, personality and clear motivations. We literally have none of that with Evelyn. We are speculating about her motivations, we are looking at her personality in two different ways and well depth there hardly is any. Seems like poor character development to me.
i hope they fix this too but a part of me feels like something really bad is going to happen (as in they dont do anything about it)

then the look up is wrong, a 3dimensional character doesn't always have clear motivations that the reader or other characters understand. Because real people are not always understood.

Not all characters serve the same purpose in a story. Evelyn is supposed to be a mystery, you are supposed to be unsure if she was on your side or against you. You are supposed to try to figure out what happened to her and why based on what information you can find. Different players find different info. And its never supposed to be fully understood. Woodsman says one thing, fingers says another, and Judy has her own understanding. T-Bug tells you in game, everything you hear from a person is an opinion.

what that definition is referring to is the basics, a good creator knows when to break/bend those rules.

I understand people's problems with clearly cut content that probably won't get added in, frankly I share their disappointment, but I find it real funny that people are expecting or hoping for major story changes just because they personally didn't like it.

Whoa! Whoa! In my case , I know that major story change can't happen but nothing prevents adding other little stories.
Little example : Whatever the lifepath, at the end, adding a little story to meet Jackie's mother because right now she is a complete stranger.

Or for the side job : less call but more reunion like : "Hé V, meet me in the café xxx, I need to talk about job. "

Whoa! Whoa! In my case , I know that major story change can't happen but nothing prevents adding other little stories.
Little example : Whatever the lifepath, at the end, adding a little story to meet Jackie's mother because right now she is a complete stranger.

Or for the side job : less call but more reunion like : "Hé V, meet me in the café xxx, I need to talk about job. "

is she a stranger? did you do the funeral? go back to the bar? call her? Get her to accept Mysty? I mean she's not like a main char, but I feel like we know her pretty well. I couldn't see her asking to do a job, She doesn't think of your relationship as professional. It'd have to be an event. I feel bad not comin over for dinner, but, no dinner is coded to my knowledge. She can guilt trip cdprojekt

then the look up is wrong, a 3dimensional character doesn't always have clear motivations that the reader or other characters understand. Because real people are not always understood.

Not all characters serve the same purpose in a story. Evelyn is supposed to be a mystery, you are supposed to be unsure if she was on your side or against you. You are supposed to try to figure out what happened to her and why based on what information you can find. Different players find different info. And its never supposed to be fully understood. Woodsman says one thing, fingers says another, and Judy has her own understanding. T-Bug tells you in game, everything you hear from a person is an opinion.

what that definition is referring to is the basics, a good creator knows when to break/bend those rules.
*spoilers*

LOL right. Everything you hear from a person is an opinion....great statement from Tbug. In my opinion, it is poor character development. I have yet to hear a reason to think otherwise. People are who they are hence why you get the saying a leopard doesn't change its spots.

We can agree to disagree at this point. I mean who cares about the mystery if she ends up dead in the bathtub. Whether she was on your side or not doesn't even matter. Anyways...the writing in this game is so poorly done it is so hard to care. Arasaka hunting us and we are in plain sight, we just nicely jack into the voodoo boys net when we meet them knowing what they are about, we know the perlazs are being controlled but we just let it go and let Jefferson become mayor, we find out all that information from the Sandra Dorsett side quest and nothing comes of it, I still barely understand why Panam and Saul are constantly arguing over nothing, and my character who has no purpose dies in the end anyways. I guess I should say look at all the unsolved mysteries and call it good writing...yeah no thanks.

is she a stranger? did you do the funeral? go back to the bar? call her? Get her to accept Mysty? I mean she's not like a main char, but I feel like we know her pretty well. I couldn't see her asking to do a job, She doesn't think of your relationship as professional. It'd have to be an event. I feel bad not comin over for dinner, but, no dinner is coded to my knowledge. She can guilt trip cdprojekt

I went to the funeral, making accepting Mysty etc. but I need more, how i can put..., connection ? In TW3, I never played TW1 or TW2 , normally Yennefer, Ciri and the dwarf ( what is name again ? Oghren , nan that from DA... ) should be a complete strangr to me but the more I play in story the more I grow a attachment ( I can also quote another characters for another game like Garrus , Liara , Tali etc ) I'm not sure if I explained well...

She has character progression but not much development, because most of her motives are speculations.

Im pretty sure you could get rid of evelyn alltogether and the story would not change a single bit. If they had kept her as an offscreen contractor (for the job) and you never see her, nothing would really change.

My biggest problem is, that Night City is so full of things, but you live like in a bubble and can hardly interact with anything. I don't know if this is possible to fix.

That is simple: simply add more ways to interact. However, because of CDPR's self-imposed quality restrictions (everything must be hand-made with no procedural content), this requires a lot more work than it probably needs to. And the real-world result is often that we are left without it.

They might add a few segments to conversations with major characters to fix minor inconsistencies and plot holes (similar to Witcher 3's patch 1.10), but the story itself will not change. I hope we will get at least one major expansion in 2022 that will continue V's story, though.

Gonne chime in here...

I think while ive enjoyed the game as a whole it really bothered me on the 2nd play through, how everything seems to be a lie.

no you dont really have choices, no your lifepath does not make a difference, heck even in the few chase sequences, not shooting will still result in the same outcome. Everything they promised during the Night wire interviews, was just a big lie.

I didnt mind the few glitches i saw. I never had a crash! and never had any of the crazy shit you see in some of the youtube videos. Still. I feels shallow and empty. Like on the first playthrough, i did not know that your choices dont make a difference. So the 2nd playthrough really was an eye opener to me.

Its unfinished and all the promises were faked and hidden to rush out the release. I would take a massive undertaking to patch this to the point you could say "yeah that's the game we saw and wanted in 2018/19". Fixing the glitches will just make it more obvious how the entire game is an illusion of promises. It had so much potential.

Fixing some will possibly make it worse. Some of the random, minor glitches in this game are hilarious :).

Ye If they fix they decide to fix the police AI and give em the option to chase you (big IF!) you will probably realize in a second how bad the driving mechanics are. Its already bad to drive anything without being chased.

I wasn't meaning the AI or crime/warrant systems. Insofar as we can call either a "system" They're more like placeholders. Unless they're feature complete. In that case they're just half-assed, bad mechanics.

I was meaning when you hitch a car ride with River and watch as a pedestrian steps in front of the vehicle and gets run over. Or you see a light change to red and... nobody cares. Or the light goes from yellow back to green. Same questline, during a subsequent ride with our pal River, another random vehicle was on the road in front of the scripted quest path. It's no mystery how that played out.

Short version, some of the minor graphical/mechanical glitches provide comic relief.

Next gen gaming. We made it. At least it can be made to be meme worthy and joked about though. There is a Spacers Choice joke in there somewhere.

The bugs will be fixed (and they view the AI issue as a bug IIRC) and I'd expect to see some Quality of Life updates with regards to the UI, interactivity and some much-needed polish on some of the rougher quests (recently replayed the second Johnny Flashback with Alt and gotta say....that whole thing needs a couple more QA passes because it is rough) as well as the much-requested customisation options and some fresh storylines introduced via DLC. But I'm not expecting any dramatic overhauls beyond that, and tbh I'm ok with that.

Spoiler Below

I was very disappointed that the story made a big deal about Evelyn trying to screw over Dex, but in the end whether you take her up on the offer and try to cut Dex out, or rat Evelyn out to Dex, there is zero change to what happens. This seems like a missed opportunity, and is probably a chance for branching storylines and player choice that, once again, was completely cut out.

Spoiler Below

I was very disappointed that the story made a big deal about Evelyn trying to screw over Dex, but in the end whether you take her up on the offer and try to cut Dex out, or rat Evelyn out to Dex, there is zero change to what happens. This seems like a missed opportunity, and is probably a chance for branching storylines and player choice that, once again, was completely cut out.

probably not, at least not to cut player choice. They probably decided story wise, that the fallout from the heist needed to be more immediate and complete.
Im pretty sure you could get rid of evelyn alltogether and the story would not change a single bit. If they had kept her as an offscreen contractor (for the job) and you never see her, nothing would really change.

This comment shows why people's complaints about choice make no sense. It boils down to you guys only caring about an ending, and nothing that happens on the way, and nothing that matters to the characters Ingame.

Evelyn's story is the main motivator for everything that happens in the Judy plotline, and everything that drives that character, and her interaction with you. That means it also determines what happens with the people of clouds, Evelyn's story also puts a face to what drives people in night city. Saying its still the same story if you cut out Evelyn, which clearly acts as a focus for the main characters, and side characters means that whatever you consider a story to be, and what most writers consider a story to be are extremely different.

Top Bottom