So last night was really frustrating to me while playing CP2077

+
So last night I did the parade sequence and for first time in CP2077 game I got very annoyed and frustrated

It wasn't hard and what I had to do was clear and understood
I LOVED the story being told

The problem was the @%@%@ forced First person mode when trying to judge distances from trip lines and mines and all that

And then try to do jumping

What should have been a 30 minute mission ended up taking 3 hours because of being forced to play in first person
Because of First person I was making stupid mistakes I never make in other games
And I found that REALLY frustrating and generally unenjoyable

Love the game over all but the forced First person was a huge mistake for game play
I cannot properly judge distances and plan jumps in first person
Making stealth in your game all but useless.

Said it before and will say it again

Even though I love CP2077 over all
Even though I been a long time fan and supporter of your company
Any future game releases that force first person mode will not be pre ordered from me and will instantly be moved into the $20 or less bin (for game of year versions).
Forced First Person shouldn't even be a consideration in 2020 gaming anymore.
It made sense back in the 1990s when computers had tech issues and memory limitations
But that's no longer the case and hasn't been for a long time

Not giving players the choice of FPP or TPP is just lazy design and drastically negatively effects over all gameplay

I say CP2077 is a 8.5 out of 10 game
it would have been 9 outta 10 if you had included a TPP option for those who wanted it.

Also First person DOESN'T add immersion
Strong story and characters you care about add immersion
FPP or TPP is just a visual preference
CP2077 would have been just as immersive (probably more so) with a TPP option

I LOVED the Witcher franchise and never once felt it lacked immersion in any of the games (third person play)
My favorite RPG of all time is the Original Mass Effect Game (a third person game)
My 2nd favorite RPG of all time is Dragon Age: Origins (again Third Person game)

Who ever tried to tell you FPP adds immersion is full of you know what
You got bad advice and honestly should fire who ever told you such nonsense

This game NEEDS TPP as a option to improve the game play

You know that the mines make noise when you approach, right? If the mine makes noise you are dangerously close, if it makes noise and you get even closer without caution boom.

It is not the fault of the first person camera that you are wrong, it is the fault of your lack of practice.

this scene also occurs to me... tried 3 times on that mine, but failed.

But after 3 tries... I managed to get on top of it successfully without using scanner.

funny is... that, I only sprint run and jumped over it on a best calculation and yah it wasn't bugged on me too... it's just that you only have 2 option, to scan disable it or to jump on top of it.

there's some kind of boxes on the left side, I used that to jump higher from that mine and Managed to run over the door after it...

by the way, you can't just jump on it just like that, the laser will always trip every time though, all you need to do is to climb on the boxes beside it and sprint jump.

or just use the scanner to disable it.

Can also shoot them with your gun, or sniper rifle to pop them off. I've found AI doesn't really care about noise in this game. I even snuck past guards on the back of my motorcycle. :-/

So last night I did the parade sequence and for first time in CP2077 game I got very annoyed and frustrated

It wasn't hard and what I had to do was clear and understood
I LOVED the story being told

The problem was the @%@%@ forced First person mode when trying to judge distances from trip lines and mines and all that

And then try to do jumping

What should have been a 30 minute mission ended up taking 3 hours because of being forced to play in first person
Because of First person I was making stupid mistakes I never make in other games
And I found that REALLY frustrating and generally unenjoyable

Love the game over all but the forced First person was a huge mistake for game play
I cannot properly judge distances and plan jumps in first person
Making stealth in your game all but useless.

Said it before and will say it again

Even though I love CP2077 over all
Even though I been a long time fan and supporter of your company
Any future game releases that force first person mode will not be pre ordered from me and will instantly be moved into the $20 or less bin (for game of year versions).
Forced First Person shouldn't even be a consideration in 2020 gaming anymore.
It made sense back in the 1990s when computers had tech issues and memory limitations
But that's no longer the case and hasn't been for a long time

Not giving players the choice of FPP or TPP is just lazy design and drastically negatively effects over all gameplay

I say CP2077 is a 8.5 out of 10 game
it would have been 9 outta 10 if you had included a TPP option for those who wanted it.

Also First person DOESN'T add immersion
Strong story and characters you care about add immersion
FPP or TPP is just a visual preference
CP2077 would have been just as immersive (probably more so) with a TPP option

I LOVED the Witcher franchise and never once felt it lacked immersion in any of the games (third person play)
My favorite RPG of all time is the Original Mass Effect Game (a third person game)
My 2nd favorite RPG of all time is Dragon Age: Origins (again Third Person game)

Who ever tried to tell you FPP adds immersion is full of you know what
You got bad advice and honestly should fire who ever told you such nonsense

This game NEEDS TPP as a option to improve the game play
It is an excuse, Rockstar games published and prepared a first person view for pleasure, and they were improving it from there until what we know in gta5, this game is in the first person because there was no time to configure the camera in 3rd, so simple and sad, if you have the slightest concept that it means that the camera makes sense in the 1st person it is easy to realize that a deformed guy moving his arms is not attractive, it takes the same setup time for each view and change camera, how were they going to do that if the game was not even finished, they have sold game copies .... yes, but because people expect HELLO GAMES style and I don't know .... hopefully, but I don't know

It is an excuse, Rockstar games published and prepared a first person view for pleasure, and they were improving it from there until what we know in gta5, this game is in the first person because there was no time to configure the camera in 3rd, so simple and sad, if you have the slightest concept that it means that the camera makes sense in the 1st person it is easy to realize that a deformed guy moving his arms is not attractive, it takes the same setup time for each view and change camera, how were they going to do that if the game was not even finished, they have sold game copies .... yes, but because people expect HELLO GAMES style and I don't know .... hopefully, but I don't know
GTA's first person feels about as good as an Elder Scrolls or Fallouts third person. There's a reason developers don't normally incorporate both options.

GTA's first person feels about as good as an Elder Scrolls or Fallouts third person. There's a reason developers don't normally incorporate both options.
Ubisoft does it quite well with Wildlands and Breakpoint. You move around in 3rd person, but aiming your gun by default puts you into 1st person. You have the option of course to switch back to 3rd person while aiming by pressing a button, and it'll remember the setting for the next time you aim too.

There are other games where the opposite happens when you take cover. Taking cover takes you from 1st person to 3rd. Gears of War is one such example although I don't know if any of the new ones still do it. I only played the first one. Deus Ex is another example.

Top Bottom