CDPR, stop with the 1st person (explained)

+
The third person is necessary and almost mandatory to use the large amount of clothing in the game. It is illogical to have so much content based on the appearance of the character without having a space to show or admire this section. Furthermore, the game is based on cyberimplants and the physical appearance of the people who exist in that reality.
Greetings and thanks.

Apologies for the English but it is from a translator.

a space to show or admire this section.
There are though. There are mirrors, wardrobe, and TPP when driving. I get that your point is the desire is to watch your character moving around, but I don't see how TPP is more immersive than FPP in any way. If they add it as an additional feature I wouldn't mind, but fully changing the game from 1st to 3rd person is something I wouldn't be happy about or support at all.

MAKE CYBERPUNK FIRST PERSON AGAIN!

Last edited:
There are though. There are mirrors, wardrobe, and TPP when driving. I get that your point is the desire is to watch your character moving around, but I don't see how TPP is more immersive than FPP in any way. If they add it as an additional feature I wouldn't mind, but fully changing the game from 1st to 3rd person is something I wouldn't be happy about or support at all.

MAKE CYBERPUNK FIRST PERSON AGAIN!
Obviously adding the third person option.

Please stop crying because you can't watch your character. I'll never understand the fascination with 3rd person, especially in a game like CP.
It completely takes me out of the "world" to watch my character twitch around, bumping into chairs like a spastic, or when you try to make a maneuver that the game won't allow.
For example...jumping up to a ledge that can't be used but you keep trying because you suspect that you're just not jumping quite right.
in 1st person you don't have to watch V struggling to make that jump.

First person is way more immersive. Cyberpunk 2077 should stay first person. Would be nice if they add third person for people that want it.

But I would always play Cyberpunk 2077 in first person, its way more immersive.

It might be different for The Witcher though.

I find first person to be significantly more immersive, in all games I've played that have both FPP and TPP available. There isn't even a single exception.
Some things, like using ranged weapons (whether they be bows or guns) are also much easier in first person.

The eternal "first person makes character customization pointless" argument seriously needs to die already, simply because it isn't objectively true.
If you want to stare at your character all the time (weird thing to want in an RPG), you can find countless games to satisfy that wish.

Motion sickness, on the other hand, is a thoroughly legitimate argument for TPP.

I find first person to be significantly more immersive, in all games I've played that have both FPP and TPP available. There isn't even a single exception.
Some things, like using ranged weapons (whether they be bows or guns) are also much easier in first person.

The eternal "first person makes character customization pointless" argument seriously needs to die already, simply because it isn't objectively true.
If you want to stare at your character all the time (weird thing to want in an RPG), you can find countless games to satisfy that wish.

Motion sickness, on the other hand, is a thoroughly legitimate argument for TPP.
I mean, people also like to dress themselves up how they want it in real-life, even though you won't see yourself aswell.

What would be more interesting and more immersive is how NPC's react around you and/or give you certain comments.

I made another post about a week back talking about my dislike for 1st person and how I hope CDPR doesn't make another 1st person game unfortunately I referenced CP to much without explanation, here is the post:

"CDPR please never ever make another first person game, I am begging you, the original plan was to make this game third person, you should have kept it that way or make the option for third because every time I play this I just think of the other RPGs I've played that was third including Witcher and just think how much better CP2077 would be, whoever thought first was a good idea, they were INCREDIBLY wrong"

Now yes I can see how it works for CP, not going to deny it does, I was also annoyed at the time of the post just getting out of mass effect where 3rd person is in my opinion amazing, that's besides the point, 1st person in CP does work but also feel it made a lot pointless, the in depth character customization for one and the changing of clothes especially now with them just being cosmetic. Another user did point out that making the post was pointless and they're right but only because I referenced CP so much it seemed like I was saying they should change CP, that was my mistake. I meant more they shouldn't do another CP like they have, if they do they should at least consider making 3rd person an option like ghost recon, where you can move in 3rd but combat can be 1st, I have played the game recently (right now actually have it paused as I type) and I have decided to play with a new mindset. I can see how 1st is good for this game but I do also think 3rd could have worked especially as a hybrid
How do we know FPP was original idea? All we have is 1 clip and it's very very early dev.

I mean, people also like to dress themselves up how they want it, even though you won't see yourself aswell.
That can be part of the RP aspect. You don't see yourself in real life all the time, yet you pick clothes you like.
I know I pick clothes/armour for my character based on what I like or even what I might wear in real life. So, normal clothing, and none of that "sexy" or bikini armour stuff.

These days it seems most games come with a photo mode, and inventory screens tend to feature a character model that shows what the character looks like. Both of these are 100% good things.

Edit to elaborate: To me, the point of an RPG is to play as whatever or whoever that player character is, which includes clothing them in a way that you, as the player, find pleasant or pleasing. For example, I find bikini armours not only entirely unrealistic (which nobody can deny they are) but also utterly ridiculous and downright idiotic -- so, I avoid them like the plague, and would never subject any character of mine to them, except as a temporary joke (this goes for all kinds of ridiculous items).

Last edited:
@Reaper290897 said:
I made another post about a week back talking about my dislike for 1st person and how I hope CDPR doesn't make another 1st person game

All-in-all, it is a "perspective". The quality of experience in FPP to someone can feel different to another one and vice-versa for TPP. It is almost impossible to reach a consensus in this matter unless the game itself is exclusively developed to either FPP or TPP.

For example, Mirror's Edge has its FPP at the dna of the game, so all aspects were developed to exclusively take every advantage of FPP. On the other hand, there is Gears of War with its one-of-a-kind TPP. The game has TPP infused with each part of the game that makes it a TPP exclusive title thanks to utilizing all the positive features of TPP in every sequence.

Whether it is a FPP or TPP, if the person perspective is not being at the heart of the design, then it will be a hit-or-miss depending on each person's preferences and to each part of the game.

This is especially the case with large open world games because simply there will be things that look good and bad in either of the perspectives. And in this case, the perspective aspect will be the least of concerns as there will be many other core features that will determine whether the game is fun or not, regardless of the perspective.

Last edited:
Top Bottom