CDPR, stop with the 1st person (explained)

+
I made another post about a week back talking about my dislike for 1st person and how I hope CDPR doesn't make another 1st person game unfortunately I referenced CP to much without explanation, here is the post:

"CDPR please never ever make another first person game, I am begging you, the original plan was to make this game third person, you should have kept it that way or make the option for third because every time I play this I just think of the other RPGs I've played that was third including Witcher and just think how much better CP2077 would be, whoever thought first was a good idea, they were INCREDIBLY wrong"

Now yes I can see how it works for CP, not going to deny it does, I was also annoyed at the time of the post just getting out of mass effect where 3rd person is in my opinion amazing, that's besides the point, 1st person in CP does work but also feel it made a lot pointless, the in depth character customization for one and the changing of clothes especially now with them just being cosmetic. Another user did point out that making the post was pointless and they're right but only because I referenced CP so much it seemed like I was saying they should change CP, that was my mistake. I meant more they shouldn't do another CP like they have, if they do they should at least consider making 3rd person an option like ghost recon, where you can move in 3rd but combat can be 1st, I have played the game recently (right now actually have it paused as I type) and I have decided to play with a new mindset. I can see how 1st is good for this game but I do also think 3rd could have worked especially as a hybrid

Last edited:
Mate, with the neck/shoulder seam problem the game has had for ages, and has recently become worse, it's probably a good thing it's 1st person at the moment - just imagine seeing that all the time on V if it was 3rd person. (At least on female V, I don't know if it also affects the male V.)

nope, if they can do a toggle between first and third without loss to the cinematic effects that have been so carefully crafted in cp2077 then sure but I very much doubt they can
Make some cinematics third and the less important like just talking to people 1st, another option is the combat and cinematic are in 1st but traveling (not just on vehicles) is or can be 3rd

Last edited:
Make some cinematics third and the less important like just talking to people 1st
Dialogue and just talking to people is the most important for first. The dialogue with Dex, or any of them which occur in cars. How'd you enjoy those chats with johnny in the car whilst staring at the car roof? Plus the feeling of personal space being invaded and the claustrophobia and implied menace that exist in many conversations would be gone.

Plus the feeling of personal space being invaded and the claustrophobia and implied menace that exist in many conversations would be gone.
Agreed, one of my absolute favorite Johnny moments that fantastically defines his whole attitude is when he gets into V's face and scratches his balls :LOL:

That small but important detail of his attitude would definitely not be the same if it was 3rd person.

nope, if they can do a toggle between first and third without loss to the cinematic effects that have been so carefully crafted in cp2077 then sure but I very much doubt they can

This. 100%

The obvious go-to for a toggle option are Bethesda games. Both perspectives get better with every game they produce but they never reach anywhere near the level of immersion that focusing on a single perspective can reach.

That's the problem with a toggle. Neither perspective will ever reach it's full potential and if they are to focus on a single perspective, I would rather they stick to first person. CDPR has clearly shown they can do it better than most.

Hell, I wouldn't mind a first person Witcher game from them.

Hell, I wouldn't mind a first person Witcher game from them.
Yeah please god no, Witcher is perfect in 3rd, I can understand the gun combat being for 1st but 3rd person is better for sword combat, Witcher is perfect in 3rd
Post automatically merged:

I'm usually not a huge fan of first-person only, but CDPR did such a great job and I love it.
I'll admit it works for CP2077 but I just feels it makes a lot of stuff pointless like the detailed customization and clothes

I'm usually not a huge fan of first-person only, but CDPR did such a great job and I love it.
I'll admit it works for CP2077 but I just feels it makes a lot of stuff pointless like the detailed customization and clothes

Yeah please god no, Witcher is perfect in 3rd, I can understand the gun combat being for 1st but 3rd person is better for sword combat, Witcher is perfect in 3rd

And you're free to think that way but I personally think there is a viscerality and impactfulness to first person that you will never feel in third person.

Quite simply because you can't. The action is happening in a box and you're 10 feet away looking in - it will never feel the same as being within the box itself.

I'm not asking for a first person Witcher game. All I'm saying is if they can reproduce CP2077 great first person within the Witcher's universe, I am entirely open to it.

How'd you enjoy those chats with johnny in the car whilst staring at the car roof?
I mean some already deal with that bc whenever they drive they only do 3rd, like I said travel could be 3rd but cinematics and convos could be 1st

I'm not asking for a first person Witcher game. All I'm saying is if they can reproduce CP2077 great first person within the Witcher's universe, I am entirely open to it.
Fair enough, I myself think it's a bad idea, the point of 3rd for Witcher is bc of how fast and mobile you need to be, your fighting in a complete 360 battle, some games should only be played 3rd some should only be played 1st, cyberpunk it works with 1st bc of a lot of details however my only argument is that it's a few aspects of the game pointless

no, please no 3rd person, the entire game, city, cinematics etc will not feel immersive at all. To walk around in the city like as if you are right there, to be in fight and conversations in the immersive way it is, everything will be gone the moment you get to see your character. Yes in the beginning I too wanted 3rd person view, but the more I played and the more I felt as if i'm a part of this city and its not just some virtual world.. the more I realized and praised CDPR's decision in making this game first person. If they allow users to toggle, thats fine, but plz plz plz do not remove 1st person. This same goes for games like Crysis series, that too was first person all the way, and was one of the reason why it was 'THE' most cinematic game back in those days.

If CDPR manage to do both as well as they did a third person in The Witcher 3 and first person in Cyberpunk, I would say yes why not... But I really doubt it's possible and I never play a game which achieve it :)

After playing Starfield all Spetembre, 100h on Cyberpunk and replaying a bit Starfield few days ago, the first person in Starfield seem quite weird and far to be well done (No body, no shadow, camera quite strange, some "cinematics" which are still played in third person no matter what...)

So at the end, I'd like CDPR to continue to make great third person view for The Witcher and great first person view for Cyberpunk, not an "average mix" of both :giggle:

Last edited:
Fair enough, I myself think it's a bad idea, the point of 3rd for Witcher is bc of how fast and mobile you need to be, your fighting in a complete 360 battle, some games should only be played 3rd some should only be played 1st, cyberpunk it works with 1st bc of a lot of details however my only argument is that it's a few aspects of the game pointless

You can definitely build your V to be far faster than Geralt ever was. 360° battles? Also check. You don't have to approach battles as a some kind of front you push while the enemies push on their own front. You can definitely be a "thick of it" kind of brawler/blademaster with enemies all around you.

All I'm saying is that first person, the way CDPR has implemented it in CP2077, would absolutely work in the Witcher too. It would definitely add a weight to combat that can never be achieved in third person and it would make dialogues a million times better.

I'm saying is that first person, the way CDPR has implemented it in CP2077, would absolutely work in the Witcher too. It would definitely add a weight to combat that can never be achieved in third person and it would make dialogues a million times better.
I think how Witcher is right now in 3rd person should stay, yes what they did in CP works but that doesn't mean same would apply for Witcher, and when I say speed I don't mean movement but everything happening

You need to be able to see around you in Witcher, in CP it makes sense that only that you only need to focus on what's in front of you, Witcher isn't the same, while I will agree to some aspects for CP, for Witcher it would be a massive, massive downgrade basically just be Skyrim

I think how Witcher is right now in 3rd person should stay, yes what they did in CP works but that doesn't mean same would apply for Witcher, and when I say speed I don't mean movement but everything happening

You need to be able to see around you in Witcher, in CP it makes sense that only that you only need to focus on what's in front of you, Witcher isn't the same, while I will agree to some aspects for CP, for Witcher it would be a massive, massive downgrade basically just be Skyrim

Hard disagree.

Why would it make more sense to be situationally aware of everything around you in the Witcher than in CP2077? Especially as of 2.0 where enemies now use far more grenades, have actual abilities to zip around the battlefield and are more inclined to act as a unit (flanking, using cover, etc) than they ever were?

There is a LOT more happening in CP2077(2.0)'s fights than there was in TW3. Far more. Sure, there are more "swarming" enemies (like drowners) that will attack you from the rear but a simple HUD notification/indicator to reflect a witcher's heightened senses could achieve that just fine.

Again, it would add a weight and viscerality to combat that third person could never achieves. You would actually have to look at what is happening around you instead of just spinning your mouse around. Being actively aware of what is happening and how your enemies are moving and shifting your own position accordingly would feel far more immersive to me..

Top Bottom