So they really not gonna talk to us?

+
They need to remember life's only motto...

"WHAT WOULD GERALT DO!"

Its a no fail strategy to life. I encourage all to apply it to there life for the next 72 hours, if world governments asked themselves that same question when COVID started itd be long gone by now.

And we all know that geralt doesnt run from peasents with pitchforks, he stands up takes it, and still saves the day.

Guest 4506659

It just really sucks to believe in a company despite generally thinking any company is just a greedy pile of shit. And now it's true of CDPR too, the DEVS are amazing, but the company as a whole is no different than any other oh well, you live and you learn I guess...
[/QUOTE Lol, what makes you say "the DEVS are amazing"? It's never occured to you that half of the "devs" probably knew this was happening (had to, actually, if they were doing their jobs)? And never said a word? Some of these "devs" are just as guilty as the upper management [...].

Last edited by a moderator:
Coverage of the game dies pretty fast and not only because of the bugs.

The game is missing... meat. So to say.

The skill system is boring, you can't respect your attribute points, loot is very boring, crafting is boring, repetitive and simple, cyberware does not work for a large part and is only a star increase in many cases, the game is highly inbalanced and higher difficulty settings can simply be broken with enough statboosting.

It's not interesting to stream once you have ninished the main missions.

I honestly don't think it's boring, crafting is like other games, you buy blueprints or drop them and make them, loot helps you find crafting materials and sometimes rare weapons or blueprints. Honestly the only problem that the story is a bit short but still Twicth lives more on multiplayer games, games like cyberpunk, any game, is short lived

the game fell into the modern digital era trap of "i'll do it tomorrow" laziness thats been ruining games for the last decade (excluding microtransactions from this statement)

Lol, what makes you say "the DEVS are amazing"? It's never occured to you that half of the "devs" probably knew this was happening (had to, actually, if they were doing their jobs)? And never said a word? Some of these "devs" are just as guilty as the upper management [...].

(you missed a quote bracket somewhere in your comment)

You're the second person I hear saying that, and thinking about it it appears odd that no one in the company would've disagree against the dev management... my theory about the silence is that some employees did disagree with and/or even quit the boat but they can't talk about their problems publicly due to their nondisclosure contract or something similar (afraid of being sued by the company ?).

I keep thinking that the dev team was mislead and the project must've been scrapped and rebooted at some point in the very last years, it can explain why the current state of the game looks so much like a cheese + absolutely not as advertised ; also why CDPR spent the last years building the hype / popularity, communicating like they were tryin to gather a ton of public around CP 2077 months way before launch : because either they knew the game would be a masterpiece, OR it would be a shite game but they had to sell a lot before people discover, and the more you sell the more you make money so it's a viable strategy.

So yeah, (some) devs did a terrible job, but firstly the game project did change at the last moment, even the game engine did change so I guess it's pretty much the worst situation that an employee can experience (remember there's been a long crunch time + they told us the game was ready and only delayed X times for "polishing", which is proven to be an absolute false statement... so they knew the game was not ready at all.). Secondly, for a big company like this one it seems even more weird that the management would see the catastrophe incoming and not break an emergency alarm (and maybe they did, maybe they did their job just right...?).

Last edited by a moderator:
So yeah, (some) devs did a terrible job, but firstly the game project did change at the last moment, even the game engine did change so I guess it's pretty much the worst situation that an employee can experience (remember there's been a long crunch time + they told us the game was ready and only delayed X times for "polishing", which is proven to be an absolute false statement... so they knew the game was not ready at all.). Secondly, for a big company like this one it seems even more weird that the management would see the catastrophe incoming and not break an emergency alarm (and maybe they did, maybe they did their job just right...?).

I completely forgot about that statement the first time the game was delayed (about being ready, just needed polished).
I bet what happened was it was pretty much ready for PC, all testing had been done for PC, They go to get it ready for the older console release and... The game can't run! Then comes the scramble to cut, patch, rewrite to get it working on the older systems.

I completely forgot about that statement the first time the game was delayed (about being ready, just needed polished).
I bet what happened was it was pretty much ready for PC, all testing had been done for PC, They go to get it ready for the older console release and... The game can't run! Then comes the scramble to cut, patch, rewrite to get it working on the older systems.
It isn't "pretty much ready" on PC, either.

Yes communication should be! It's the foundation of decency! But the CDPR should also comment on the missing content. And share what more info happens next!!!

I still think at the moment they have to be quiet because of the lawsuits in the air.

Imagine if they admit/hint or simply imply that corners where cut, content stripped or even worse, management mislead the public about the state of the game.

Right now they have a chance that the courts dismiss the charges.

But if they publish here "evidence" or enough reasons to further justify an investigation, they can end up in big trouble.

So the only thing they can do right now is playing squeeky clean Corpo.

PSA that hello games went completely silent after the similar problematic launch of no mans sky and simply worked on improving the game.

Now no mans sky is really damn good. I'm willing to believe that theyre simply working on the game. Its definitely frustrating, but unless you've lost all trust in CDPR, they're no reason to believe theyve taken the money and ran.

PSA that hello games went completely silent after the similar problematic launch of no mans sky and simply worked on improving the game.

Now no mans sky is really damn good. I'm willing to believe that theyre simply working on the game. Its definitely frustrating, but unless you've lost all trust in CDPR, they're no reason to believe theyve taken the money and ran.
I agree, no matter how greedy a company is or isn't, it doesn't make sense. They would need loyal gamers if they wish to continue making money with future games and leaving the game in it's current state and just moving on would not only lose them money now, but would also kill future profits from new games.

I agree, no matter how greedy a company is or isn't, it doesn't make sense. They would need loyal gamers if they wish to continue making money with future games and leaving the game in it's current state and just moving on would not only lose them money now, but would also kill future profits from new games.
It's inconceivable. The business dicision that they would have made is that "yes, the game needs a few more months of patches, but we're going to extend the lifecycle to account for this, because we can't delay it any longer". They're not going to throw out the entire game's lifecycle, when they could double or even triple their profts after patching and DLC. Its absurd.

Honestly this is exactly What I think happened, but I also believe Sony and MS had a hand in it, particularly Sony. People seem to forget Sony threatening ubisoft over watchdogs; so ubisoft downgraded the visuals, disabled shader and settings all to appease Sony who did not want the pc version looking better.

Someone got the lawyers in. Anyone with more than half a brain shuts up when that happens. People have good reason to be disappointed by some aspects of this game, and indeed many others released in the last couple of years, But the youtubers out there seem to have turned a lot of gamers into an hysterical mob.
You only have to play this game to see that their has been a lot of love poured into what is there. Watching the youtubers trying to work out which way the wind was blowing on this has been interesting some few have managed to raise their 'journalism' beyond that you would expect from a ten year olds gossip session but not many and not often enough.

The gaming industry has a problem right now. Greed will be a factor. It always is where you get humans but I'm pretty sure the story is more complicated than that. I'm equally sure that our current crop of youtube influnenza's are incapable of getting to the truth.
I think Jim Sterling covers quite nicely what are you talking about, game discourse and triple a gaming are pretty much two sides of same coin, broken

It's pretty pathetic we're now 13 days into the New Year and still no public announcement on when the next patch is coming or how big it'll be. If they don't release something by Jan 15th, I'm just uninstalling and forgetting about this garbage game without even playing it through all the way. 126hrs is enough wasted time on this broken BS.

Silence approach is sadly not something new, it is quite common case when there is ongoing heavy public backlash. Luckily for me, the state of this game now on PC is (for me) quite OK and I really enjoy my first (partly 2nd) playtrough during more as 100 hours spent in the Night City. I not care much about some graphic glitches (they are pretty low importance imo), and this game is rock stable on my PC ... what I would like to improve the most is AI of NPCs ... and from transcript of conference call it looks like it is one from "bugs" which should be adressed some way or another. And for the devs's silence ... I think it will change to the better in time, but don't expect it will happen in a week or two ... more likely it will go better after second big patch AND positive feedback if it will be deserved.

I personally want some type of communication. All their official feeds are radio silence. When is next patch planned for? Is 1.07 going to be one of the "big" patches?
Must be too busy counting money :smart:

edit: I am strictly talking about performance updates, not new content.
They said "we will be posting patches until February" - they cant keep telling us things if they dont know themselves, already broke enough promises
Post automatically merged:

disagree.
I have seen floating cellphones, exploding cars falling from the sky, doors that wont open, save points that don't load, tooltips that don't get off the screen, dialogues that jam, quests that cant be completely because markers don't load, Jackie spawning into a pipe, cars disappearing, npcs disappearing....etc.

How is it ok on pc?

And that was just me, before I even knew how buggy the game was.

They said "we will be posting patches until February" - they cant keep telling us things if they dont know themselves, already broke enough promises
Post automatically merged:

I have seen floating cellphones, exploding cars falling from the sky, doors that wont open, save points that don't load, tooltips that don't get off the screen, dialogues that jam, quests that cant be completely because markers don't load, Jackie spawning into a pipe, cars disappearing, npcs disappearing....etc.

How is it ok on pc?

And that was just me, before I even knew how buggy the game was.

they are called graphic defects, glitches, which do not affect the game. Defects that can be improved, but undoubtedly on a PC it is much better.

Top Bottom