[SOLVED]Weird Graphical Glitch red spots - toxicity actually

+
So I download the EE stuff, made a fresh install of the Witcher, installed the EE files and started the game. Played through the Prologue, not a single problem, played through till near the end of Chapter 1 and aside from a single transition crash all was gloriously stable. Then I faced the beast... and defeated him in short order despite the stress it put on my system. That's when the weird started flooding in, suddenly I got strange red, yellow and orange graphical... bits popping up all across my screen whenever I moved the camera or used the movement controls. Here's a couple of screenshots showing what I mean:http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk164/BwenGun/?action=view&current=Witcherwierderror.jpghttp://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk164/BwenGun/?action=view&current=WierdWitcherBlog.jpgNow at first I thought it might be some weird side effect of the boss battle which left part of the outskirts aflame. So I continued through till the end of the chapter. But it persisted when I got to the dungeon in Vizima and then in the sewers where I took the screenshots, I tried turning down my settings but no luck. So I next resolved to search the forums, but found nothing similar to my problem. So I thought it might be a GPU problem so updated my drivers, defragged my computer and generally cleaned things up. The problem persisted. Then I reloaded a save from before I killed the beast... and the problem disappeared. So is this a case of the game being funky, or my savefile being corrupted or some strange problem with my PC?For reference my specs are:Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz, not yet overclockedGeforce 7900GTX, from XFX.3GB RamI'm running everyone on High, at 1680*1050Edit: I reloaded the save before fighting the beast, no problems. Turned down graphics to minimum and went through it again, soon as he's dead and the villagers swarm me and abigail the problem comes back. I'm starting to think I may need to do a complete reinstall, which is irritating.

Tried it, the issue persists. Also you'd think that the 7900GTX would have issues but it is surprisingly effective even with games coming out now. For the Witcher it is more than enough to run it, I certainly didn't have any issues playing the game right the way through with it prior to the Enhanced Edition.

Maybe i'm wrong but, looking at your screenshot i can assure this is no bug.The red spots that keeps popping up are an intended visual effect that suggest you're close to be intoxicated.Look at the green bar at top-left of the screen, this bar is normally empty but with every potion u drink it increases, meaning that you're suffering from the potions you're using. If that bar reaches full size, you're dead! Note that the above effect has nothing to do with your actual HPs.From the screenshots u can see that that bar is more than half full... your blood is becoming intoxicated and therefore u start seeing red spots all around.Any toxic effect is usually removed by a good sleep :)

Have an Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT card (512MB memory) and Intel Quad chip 3 GB Ram Vista computer.Anyone else have constant red flashes all over the screen?It's pretty annoying. I have tried every possible adjustment in the video controls in the game but nothing stops the flashes.Any ideas?Thanks.Using latest Enhanced version.

Are you sure that these red spots are not caused by toxication of potions? Try to meditate a bit and get rid of it. Otherwise you really have a graphical glitch.

I'm using the exact vid card and I have this same problem. They are just small little red dots here and there and I usually only notice them when enemies are around. I've ignored it up to now but, since you posted about it I'm also interested. I have subtitles turned on and battle information on strikes etc. turned on. Haven't tried turning that stuff off. I wonder if that would fix?

There caused by drinking potions, they represent your toxicity. The more potions you drink the more spots... drink too much and your in trouble.

Huh! I guess i hadn't paid attention to that aspect. I just thought it was glitches in the graphics which is very common for most games especially in the old days.Thanks for info Captain Big Beard

hi,Bought the EE version not too long ago, and after completing chapter 1 and and abigail's house was burnt, the effects of the flame still remain on the screen even after I tried reloading the game.Here's a screenshot:
As you can see there's the red bits and pieces that's littered around the screen. This "effect" disappears if I start a new game though so I was wondering If I could have somehow corrupted my save gamefile. At times this "effect" can be more intense taking up more screen space. With this minor exception, the game runs smooth on my macbook pro. The "flame effect" can get quite irritating sometimes because it doesn't go away at all (except in cutscenes).Anyone having this same problem?

This is caused by toxicity level (green bar below your health bar and energy bar). Don't drink potions too much, and get some meditating :)

oh heh! ;DYep, meditated and yeah all gone. No wonder I couldn't find any "bug" on this on the forums. Thanks for the quick assistance guys!

I keep seeing these light-red specks(large specks, almost a blob but not quite) appearing and siappearing across my screen; theories as to what it is?I just finished the labratory in the 1st level and Vesemir wants me to rest, I want to go check on everyone else, but everytime I try to walk past Vesemir to go upstairs he'll keep initiating a conversation, driving me mad...

Red specks across your screen are usually a sign of toxicity. Check the green bar that's under your health bar -- if it's nearing 50% full, then what you've got are the toxicity specks -- they're supposed to be there, to warn you that Geralt's performance is affected by his toxicity.Each potion gives you a certain amount of toxicity, and Geralt has to juggle potions carefully to make sure his body doesn't become too full of toxins. Meditating will remove some or all of your toxicity.This is one of the aspects of the game that I really love -- taking potions has consequences. In Diablo, I'd save up something like 50 health potions and chug them practically continuously during a boss battle. This strategy is impossible in The Witcher, which I think is one of its strengths.

Fignuts said:
Drink a White Honey potion!
If he's still in the Prologue, he doesn't knowingly have any White Honey, nor does he have the ingredients to make any. But it's true, later on drinking a White Honey potion can also cure toxicity -- the catch is that it also removes all of the positive effects of those potions.