Some UI Feedback

+
Some UI Feedback

I'm playing on PC, with an Xbox controller, figured I'd share my thought on the UI for controllers on PC. Some of these issues are probably not representative for everyone.

Controller specific UI:

• A benefit of being a controller player is that I like to make myself comfortable. So I'm sitting about 1 meter further away from my PC than someone sitting at the desk using a mouse. This does not cause issues for me anywhere, except for the bronze and gold borders during games. They are quite thin and from that distance I sometimes have difficulty seeing if a card is bronze or gold.
  • On the main menu, even though I have my controller active it still seems to register my mouse if I alt tab out and back in with my mouse in position of one of the options. Using my controller after getting back in will cause the game to skip over options in the menu. Simply moving my mouse fixes this.
  • Having "Accept" and "Quit" next to each other at the bottom of the main menu options feels counter intuitive to me. The way they are placed and the fact that they are Green (A button) and red (X button) makes it feel like they're supposed to be opposites. Furthermore on all other screens the red button means "Back". This is especially a problem when going back from a page like the deckbuilder, where you have to go back multiple times. I just keep pressing X and all of a sudden I've closed the game. I don't think the "Quit" button needs to be so prominent.
  • The friend match feature pops up an external GoG Galaxy screen, meaning my controller does not pick this up.

General UI:

• When opening packs I can not zoom in on the card when I have to choose between 3. This is an issue when the card says something like for instance "This transforms into a young bear". I have to choose which card I want to add to my collection, but I can't actually see what the Young Bear does.
  • There doesn't seem to be a "Profile" page or something similar where I can see things like my progress to my next level. I feel like my name should be clickable. Of course this would be a nice place to give some other statistics too *hint hint*
  • The deckbuilder feels very clunky. It is already a lot of scrolling through cards with just my starting decks, I can't imagine what it will be like when I own another 200 cards. With a large collection I imagine you often want to search by card name, which is possible (except for the poor console players maybe). But you have to separately open and close the filter for every card you want to add. [Open Filters]>[Type card name]>[Close filters]>[Add the card]: That is 4 steps per card, if using the search function. It would be much easier if you could add cards to your deck while the filter menu is up.

Top Bottom