Special (Weather) Card Limit

+
Nimraphel;n9171450 said:
spell decks serve an important role and niche in diversifying the meta and playstyles

They do so by annoying other player..not sure if it's really what dev or community want. Such deck could be good for Netdecking but I certainly don't wanna use or play against such weather/control deck for even one more match.

With weather in current form spell decks are really not an issue anymore they just don't have ability to power trough especially not against regular control.
If i play against radovid it is auto win for me. If whether was in pre hotfix state then I wouldn't stand i chance.

So nimraphel has a point tho, it is nice to be able to create such decks against something else and I'm pretty sure that there are some people who enjoy such
play style and i really don't mind as long it is not broken.

I find it amusing that people find certain decks "annoying" to play against and then mention spell decks. How so are they annoying? That you can't auto-pilot the usual way to victory? That they disrupt your strategy?

... Sounds wonderful to me. They have numerous weaknesses, they are very easy to beat (spell heavy Radovid decks are by no means hard to beat), but they change up the game radically and - more importantly - they serve as a gatekeeper for certain decks from becoming too wacky (i.e. ultra greedy consume ala CB consume).

The fact that these decks exist is extremely important to the health of the game. Not just from an enjoyment perspective, but also from a design perspective.

Nimraphel;n9173280 said:
I find it amusing that people find certain decks "annoying" to play against and then mention spell decks. How so are they annoying? That you can't auto-pilot the usual way to victory? That they disrupt your strategy?

I don't mind if a deck includes several control card sure, and I'm ok to be disrupted a couple times in a match, it's fine for the game I agree. The problem is those heavy control or heavy weather deck which half of the deck is made up with special cards. Sure they are not invincible and in some way easy to beat but just annoying to play against.

The example of ultra greedy consume can also be dealt with by normal deck including a couple mix of spore and lock, same goes to dwarf buff. I perceive special cards are tech options available to make up the shortage of certain deck but I don't think it should be the central of the deck,

Limiting special cards kills the control archetype, bad idea imo. Each special card is a unit you can't have, it's a trade off. If you don't get the interaction with your opponent in a certain game because he/she ran some type of control deck, play another game, you will get another opponent. Control is a valid deck type, and very fun to play for many ppl. Don't limit special cards.

Top Bottom